before i go....

I thought maybe instead of quitting and just leaving like everyone else, i figured i would maybe try to get an answer on why?

Xyorman is asking for a class balance that he and 2 other main leaders had asked for, they are capping BPs, putting in micro transactions, basically killing PvE (even when they said they dont want to) you cannot defend in the lord room anymore cause of new attackable postern doors, like what? anyways...can anyone like Carol explain any of this? i mean its fine, im leaving...i just wished after 15 years i could get something other then just "theres the door"
Tagged:

Comments

• There is a lot more in 1.125 that we mentioned but didn't go into details just yet on. We mentioned postern style doors around the outer oil, as in over the front door, not the lord room.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • edited June 2018 PM
    You should perhaps take a moment to rethink your path - because "there is a lot more in 1.125" probably isn't bringing people any hope given that the decisions we have seen baffle the hell out of people.

Saying you have more at this point feels like a 50/50 chance that you are about to pull back a curtain and reveal a blazing dumpster.

Some of your player base isn't really following the logic to changes being made - making more changes isn't going to fix that or make them any more comfortable with your changes going forward.

To give a simple example - the new loot system you guys spoke about that uses BP's and crafting. It immediately raises a bunch of questions for people.

- Why do you have to get a nominal 200 crafting to do this? What's the point? The tech is there to have a vendor sell an item to a player ala the travelling merchants - why add another step into the mix? Other people would like to be able to help out friends/newer players - but yet they can't trade any of this? All of these small additions to the basic request have confused the people I've spoken to - why? What does it add? It isn't the end of the world, but trying to simplify things for the people who will likely be using this - newer players - it just doesn't seem to make sense.

Some changes in this patch seem good - UI improvements, and siege RvR changes of any sort - I look forward to those. Other decisions just leave me and others scratching their heads in bewilderment. Granted it would be more typing to do - but having a "why" section where the logic used is laid out before the actual change in a patch note/letter would do quite a bit to make it clear to people why something was done in such a way.

Post edited by Budikah on
  • @AngryFeminist @Budikah I just wanna say that, even though I get weekly/monthly bans from this new forum, and I hate the moderators for censoring my free speech, and I love when people express their feelings like this about the wrongs done to them by this game, I just have to say you guys are judging this patch before it comes out. I say at the very least keep your sub until it drops, if only just to see if they really are full of bologni and disappointment. But if they pull through it will be a great sigh of relief. I'm getting the feeling from both of you that you are tired of getting bad patch after bad patch with OP class changes, gear, and whatever else where you're just like wtf why is this even happening??? But I suggest keep it up for one more patch like me. I mean, how much bigger of a hole can they dig right? It's gotta get better....
  • I think we just have to give them more time. I don't think they were expecting 90% of the player base to freak out after they posted an update for patch 1.125. It seems like they are scrambling and changing gears a bit after all the negativity the past few days.

I feel for them... we complain about lack of communication and they finally give us an update on what's going on, and everybody loses it and shoots down just about every idea they have. Hopefully they take in the feedback and get it right... I think the next couple of updates will make or break the future of DAoC, at least for me.
    Tral
  • THE SKY IS FALLING!!! I HAVENT EVEN SEEN FULL PATCHNOTES AND THE SKY IS FALLING!!!
  • Some changes in this patch seem good - UI improvements, and siege RvR changes of any sort - I look forward to those. Other decisions just leave me and others scratching their heads in bewilderment. Granted it would be more typing to do - but having a "why" section where the logic used is laid out before the actual change in a patch note/letter would do quite a bit to make it clear to people why something was done in such a way.

I agree with the addition of adding a "why" section.

BS has been asking for years for feedback from the players. They get the feedback and then do xyz (whatever it is they do). Almost in the exact opposite fashion of what is being asked from the player base. Explaining the reason why would really go a long way with your player base. If it is logical and well thought out, then so be it. The problem is, a lot of the changes that have been made don't seem to fall down this path (and again, this is only personal opinion, which everyone has).

With the latest release of information, I am slightly disappointed with the way things seem to be progressing. However, if past history dictates that I have been sorely disappointed with things, I am pretty certain, though I do have a glimmer light, that this upcoming changes, will be along those same lines.
  • Thank you all for your responces, I have been already waiting so long and trying to give BS the benefit of the doubt just because of how much i loved this game. I put up with changing what made each class unique and now basically like WoW now where its just a copy and paste of each class in each realm, just tiny differences that really dont matter, i put up with that. I have put up where they asked how can they make it where people can defend more but instead make it to where there is no point of sieging (which is what made rvr for me, otherwise its just like any other games pvp) I have put up with everything and im just done now, I was hoping Carol could light a path that i couldnt see but to no avail.
  • edited June 2018 PM
    Most of us that are left have been around a long time. My buddies and myself have been playing ALOT less, and even on My discord servers you can see people aren’t playing DAOC.

John purposely waited until the last second to put out his press release, knowing full well that everyone will drop their subs and play a lot less.

After 2-3+ years of the same ole song and dance I’m just tired AF of being jerked around.

GL
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • Budikah wrote: »
    You should perhaps take a moment to rethink your path - because "there is a lot more in 1.125" probably isn't bringing people any hope given that the decisions we have seen baffle the hell out of people.

Saying you have more at this point feels like a 50/50 chance that you are about to pull back a curtain and reveal a blazing dumpster.

Some of your player base isn't really following the logic to changes being made - making more changes isn't going to fix that or make them any more comfortable with your changes going forward.

To give a simple example - the new loot system you guys spoke about that uses BP's and crafting. It immediately raises a bunch of questions for people.

- Why do you have to get a nominal 200 crafting to do this? What's the point? The tech is there to have a vendor sell an item to a player ala the travelling merchants - why add another step into the mix? Other people would like to be able to help out friends/newer players - but yet they can't trade any of this? All of these small additions to the basic request have confused the people I've spoken to - why? What does it add? It isn't the end of the world, but trying to simplify things for the people who will likely be using this - newer players - it just doesn't seem to make sense.

Some changes in this patch seem good - UI improvements, and siege RvR changes of any sort - I look forward to those. Other decisions just leave me and others scratching their heads in bewilderment. Granted it would be more typing to do - but having a "why" section where the logic used is laid out before the actual change in a patch note/letter would do quite a bit to make it clear to people why something was done in such a way.

i've never done ANY crafting, i've had other people do that for me and i payed them for it, and now i'll have to do crafting ? WHY ????
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • BS moves in mysterious ways. eg, noone understands what the xxx they are doing. noone actually playing this game understands it. they seem to go for a strategy of 'ooh, look what shiny things we can do' and have absolutely no clue what will be the impact on the game and how it will affect some classes and the game in general.

do i risk another suspension/ban with this post ?
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Fixing pet pathing in keeps would be fantastic also
  • Muylae wrote: »
    BS moves in mysterious ways. eg, noone understands what the xxx they are doing. noone actually playing this game understands it. they seem to go for a strategy of 'ooh, look what shiny things we can do' and have absolutely no clue what will be the impact on the game and how it will affect some classes and the game in general.

do i risk another suspension/ban with this post ?

Not good to post while drinking :) I think you were fine, until you added the last line. But in reality, it really just is a question. I do like your shiny analogy though, seems fitting.
  • THE SKY IS FALLING!!! I HAVENT EVEN SEEN FULL PATCHNOTES AND THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

Where should the optimism come from....I say again, if past is prologue....

• I love this game just as much as anyone and always promote it when i see a returning player but it is difficult to see where these ideas come from. It all started with the class balance patch which drove tons of players away. Then add not fixing bugs, 8 month long campaigns and bad communication has lead to record low numbers. If the game ended today i would still always be grateful of what Broadsword did to save the game but the latest last minute update and lame patch notes have me scratching my head
  • edited July 2018 PM
    Budikah wrote: »

The crafting and having to do several things to get an item also seems over the top to me. I don't think its anything major, but just a bunch of stupid hurdles to clear for something that easily could have been done with a merchant that sells the items for flat out bp's.

On the flip side, I never and still don't want these items to be tradeable. That would kill the market out there. If they just charge flat out BP's at a merchant for these items and made them untradeable than it would be on the player to decide whether they want to save up and take longer to get items but not have to do PvE or if they wanted the items faster by doing PvE raids. Also, since these items won't be tradeable this keeps a market going for people wanting to farm PvE to make plat.

I have also been a bit confused about why the need to cap and reduce bp's when these items are untradeable.

Overall, I am fine w/ the 1.125 patches, but I admit that some of the things they are doing are head scratching. It's like they took something that should be simple and made it complex for no reason.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • They also need to nerf the Cursed raid 1-8 (excluding solo step), jfc its even complicated to type it out. The state of the games current population means whenever someone runs a raid, the RvR Pop dies pretty hard. Harder for people to fill pugs, harder for more established groups to fill for missing people, and less to fight. For instance, this week, Cursed ran on Mon, Tues, and Wed. on hib. Plus many mids/albs, will logon to hib to do it with their alts. I think 9/10 is currently great, at least for hib, It takes 7 people, and probably could do it with 6 just will to time, 7 people, 1 hour. That should be for the whole thing. Then small pockets of people that do either A: want to play the content for the RPG side of it could actually enjoy it and read thru the script and pay attention to the story, people that just want to quick run thru it for the items, both those groups can. And it doesn't kill RvR so bad. RvR is the reason we love this game, not the PvE. That is what the community is asking for, and yes I will agree, these new coins do in fact speed up the process fr getting some of these items, but it is pretty minimal as you still need to invest an hour+ to do 9/10 (again on hib, I have heard varying levels of difficulty on mid/alb but not personally done it) between getting the group together with the right classes and then actually doing it.

The cummunity is thirsty, please stop offering us olive oil to drink.
  • No more pve stuff. There is enough pve content as it is.