Merge all BGs into one?

Is it time to merge all the battlegrounds into one and just scale everyone’s level to be roughly the same minus items? Similar to elder scrolls online where everyone technically starts at level 50 for HP, mana, endurance and leveling only gives more skill points?
Symonde (Cleric)
Symfriar (Friar duh)
Symsorc (Double duh)
Sympets (Theurg)
Symmond (Arms)
Some random mids and hibs

Comments

• edited September 2020 PM
    I think that is a really bad idea my reasoning is the bgs are a place a lot of people lvl with and it has never really worked all the well in most othere mmorpgs as no one ever uses it
    Post edited by Names on
  • edited September 2020 PM
    Names wrote: »
    I think that is a really bad idea my reasoning is the bgs are a place a lot of people lvl with and it has never really worked all the well in most othere mmorpgs as no one ever uses it

Perhaps a boost to the leveling Exp in dungeons could be a compromise? Or, add repeatable of similar benefit.

As it stands now, the BGs are largely vacant outside of 2 of them. Those who wish to PvP are gated from actually doing as such. Merging the BGs would help aid in those that want an active sub-50 PvP experience. It would also resolve some of the outstanding BG keep issues (i.e. merge all to Molvik)

However, I do not know if there is a technical limitation to doing this. I do not think a system exists to boost / lower levels in a zone, if one does, it hasn't been used in the past.
    Post edited by Ciddire on
  • The easiest "incentive" would be to allow /xp off for EC players so they can gain some RR before hitting 50. There is definitely a crowd of players who only play in BGs and may not play often enough to warrant a continued sub. I think the low BG population is just reflective of the overall low population at the moment. Some key adjustments need to be made for EC and QoL followed by a Steam release to hope for a significant uptick. Consolidating BGs right now may lead to bigger coding issues than what it's worth (i.e. see most recent 'texture' patch).
  • Sym wrote: »
    Is it time to merge all the battlegrounds into one and just scale everyone’s level to be roughly the same minus items? Similar to elder scrolls online where everyone technically starts at level 50 for HP, mana, endurance and leveling only gives more skill points?

Not "no," but "hell no."
  • Sym wrote: »

Nah no need to wreck the battlegrounds. Plenty of people play them, but most are stuck in Molvik and CV. Maybe they could revamp Thid there used to be such good action there back in the day until they changed the map layout drastically into a water based map and it died off.