DAoC to Steam next?

Recently an EA game hit Steam with good success. It also seems as if UO might be going there with the announcement on Sep 23rd. Seems as though EA is finally giving the go ahead.

So when could we expect this if possible?
Tagged:

Comments

• edited August 2020 PM
    They said, it still needs "some time".
    That means: 3years++++++
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • It's been in works for a while, it's all in EAs hands currently
  • Maybe they make EC less arduous before going to Steam?
  • Anomally wrote: »
    Maybe they make EC less arduous before going to Steam?

This. The Sup pot change is a big step in the right direction. They need to add more MTX options for EC accounts like increasing RR cap, unlocking expansion classes & races (I still believe classic classes / races should be free), unlocking tradeskills, etc. CL abilities should be included as well. EC is close to being a solid model after a few more tweaks.

I would love to see more QoL for subscribers: /train from anywhere, /craftqueue command, account wide vault to ease transferring equipment or money between characters, more vault space, /use stacks, auto sort for vaults and bags, etc. The game is old and desperately needs some things toucheded up if a Steam release is to be successful.
  • The other EA mmo already launched on steam. I don't think it is EA's hand to go steam...it's broadsword they are not willing to revive this game. NO WILL
  • As per our July 3rd Grab Bag:

https://darkageofcamelot.com/article/friday-grab-bag-07032020
    Previously there was a push to get DAOC on Steam. It was Greenlit by Steam but never progressed because of the EA - Origin - Steam dynamic at the time. It appears that EA is now again allowing their games on Steam. Any chance that DAOC will be allowed on Steam? Are there any discussions with EA to do so?

Yes, this is still under discussion. We are still working towards getting Dark Age of Camelot onto Steam as soon as possible!
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • The problem with steam is that for every mmo i found on steam it uses a steam account meaning you have to start over with a new account or delete some fire so it wont automatically log you in like with world off warships every time theres an update i have to delete a ddl or dll file in order to use my none steam account
  • this should be top priority given the existing population issues....
  • 1. Launch 1st new server as planned (this should generate a considerable income).
    2. Spend more resources polishing all aspects of the game.
    3. Terminate 1st server. Launch 2nd new server + launch on Steam.
  • DAoC just needs a bit of advertising. I recently got 3 more new dudes to test it out. Never even heard of the game
  • audizmann wrote: »
    1. Launch 1st new server as planned (this should generate a considerable income).

new server is going to kill daoc. it wont generate a dime. everyone will use old accounts. EC and those that dont move will quit because population will be less.
  • a new server will do well if word gets out about it befor hand and not by just word of mouth
  • Minibard wrote: »
    audizmann wrote: »
    1. Launch 1st new server as planned (this should generate a considerable income).

new server is going to kill daoc. it wont generate a dime. everyone will use old accounts. EC and those that dont move will quit because population will be less.

You won't be able to use EC on the new server.