Friday Grab Bag - 07/31/2020

It's a patch week Grab Bag!

Don't forget to check out the full 1.127 patch notes and pop on our Pendragon test server to try them out :)

Thanks, as always, to everyone for your questions! You can submit any questions relating to current development plans, to request clarification on basic game mechanic questions, or questions on community issues through the Grab Bag Submission form. For any other feedback or suggestions please use ourfeedback form.

Onward to the questions!

Just curious about the % on quad/triple attack and what chances are plus if anything can effect it. Some say going 50 H2H gives you a higher chance but is there also a stat that will increase the chances etc?

First, only your composite Hand to Hand specialization level (including any amounts over 50) affects triple or quad attack rates.

10,000 swing tests:

The rates at 50+16 are as follows:
Triple: 16%
Quad: 5.75%

The rates at 44+16 are as follows:
Triple: 14%
Quad: 4.75%

Is the proc rate of a ROG weapon dependent on the quality of the item?

No, the proc rate of a ROG item is randomly generated, regardless of the item’s quality. For example: a 96% quality weapon could have an 8% proc rate and a 99% quality weapon with the same exact proccing spell could have a 5% chance; it’s entirely random.

I’ve been wondering atm how haste debuffs actually work, or rather where they kick in. For example if I had this with a sav haste buff up:

• Weapon: 4.4
• Qui: 250
• Haste: 39
• Celerity: 15
• ToA: 10
• Speed: 1.5

And get asr'd by a 40% asr ( fsls for example) will it then just look like this? :

• Haste: 0
• Speed: 2.01

or like this if hit by a 30% asr:

• Haste: 9
• Speed: 1.8

Thanks!

The example provided is almost exactly correct. The only small correction is that in the -40% attack speed reduction example, there would be an additional 1% removed from the celerity stat.

Before any debuffs:
  • Haste: 39
  • Speed: 1.5

-40% ASR:
  • Haste: 0
  • Celerity: 14
  • Speed: 2.04

Re the new GT system from patch 1.127….. I LOVE it but I can foresee issues when in crowded spaces such a towers/lord rooms when there are a ton of people and you can’t get a LOS to the ground. Is there a way to allow the targeting of a person to set a GT? Otherwise in those situations without pre-setting your GT as a defender you are screwed and the attacking force will have it worse when charging into a lord room/tower.

Thank you for the feedback! We’ll take a look into changing the behavior to account for crowded areas.

"Guild emblems and color schemes are no longer unique. Multiple guilds or all guilds from an alliance can now have the same emblem if they so choose." So does this just mean Alliance guilds can share emblems or ANY guild can have ANY emblem?

This means that any guild can have any emblem or color scheme.

Take a trip over the Pendragon over the weekend and let us know your thoughts!

See you in the frontiers! :)

Click here to visit the DAoC Herald!
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged:

Comments

• it's really a shame that you didn't post your results for your single and double hits next to your thriple and quad hits

i have done lots of testing, but mostly over 100 hits series, your data over 10.000 hits should be more accurate, but please, post the data on both single, double, triple and quad hits.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.