Producer's Letter: Summer and Fall Outlook

Vikings of Midgard, champions of Hibernia, and defenders of Albion,

As the war rages on in the Frontiers, I write to you today to provide an update on Patch 1.125's status, dive into some of its features, and to outline our plan for the rest of the year.

Summer Outlook

Patch 1.125 development continues. While we hoped to get this update out earlier this year, there were some unforeseen issues and some technological constraints that arose and conspired to delay us. These technical issues mainly revolved around the promised Race, Gender, and Name changes. We originally planned to provide these "respec" options via the traditional character customization screen but after much work was done towards that aim and after many, many attempts at navigating the various pitfalls and risks inherent in utilizing microtransactions on the character screen, it became apparent that it would not be possible without a significant overhaul to the game client and microtransaction system.

Rather than push out Patch 1.125 many, many months to perform that work - or worse, removing the much anticipated Race change feature from the patch entirely, we decided to implement the Race and Gender change system within the game itself rather than the character screen. Unfortunately, this does mean that Name changes will no longer be on the table for the foreseeable future. One day perhaps, but 1.125 will only offer Race and Gender changes for microtransactions. We'll provide more details on exactly how the system will work in the 1.125 patch notes but we will do so in a way that allows players to preview their race and gender look prior to committing to the change.

While delays are never desired, it will still take some extra time (though much, much less than overhauling the game client and microtransaction system) to implement this in-game Race and Gender change feature. The other silver lining is that this extra time will allow us to further flesh out, polish, and test the myriad other features planned for Patch 1.125!

And while Patch 1.125 is getting delayed, you certainly deserve some more details on its features! Get comfortable and let's dive right in:

RvR currency

One of the features that we've received a ton of positive feedback and questions about is the announcement that it'll be possible to earn high-end equipment directly through RvR and we're very excited to finally unveil those plans for you!

Previously, it was announced that a new currency, Valor, would be obtainable via the new RvR quest system that's coming. Rather than use a brand new currency that requires valuable inventory space and can only be obtained via quest or drops, we've instead decided to use the existing Bounty Point system! For many years feedback has been coming in requesting a more valuable uses for Bounty Points and we're happy to finally provide!

However, there are some balance concerns and caveats to using the existing Bounty Point system as an RvR currency while also maintaining our goal to provide a way for players to obtain high-end gear via RvR without also rendering PvE pointless:

• Obtaining gear via Bounty Points will not be as efficient or as quick as doing the respective encounter in PvE. It is merely another option for obtaining the gear and one that has the added benefit of participating in RvR while doing so!
  • Current Bounty Point levels are highly inflated on many older characters and while newer characters have a more reasonable amount in general their values have also been inflated with the myriad bounty point bonuses and quests rewards. As such, we'll be instituting a new Bounty Point maximum with this system. Any character with more BPs than that maximum will have their new BP value set to that new maximum value when Patch 1.125 launches. Consider this letter your invitation to use those extra BPs before you lose them when the update is released.
  • We'll also be fine-tuning the amount of BPs earned via quest reward and heavily using them as an incentive in the new RvR quest system outlined below. Note: this may mean that the rate BPs are earned gets increased slightly to offset the new maximum limit and high bounty point costs.
We aren't quite ready to announce what the exact maximum BP amount will be yet, as we're still fine-tuning the system and its pricing, but it will be in the range of 50,000 to 500,000 maximum bounty points per character.

How it works:

• Characters will be able to craft the high-end equipment (with the gear's normal stats and procs) after obtaining the following components through the various means outlined.
    • The full details of this system are still being fine-tuned but the necessary tradeskill value required to craft the items will be extremely low (1-200 skill).
    • The items will either be in their respective Tailoring, Armorcraft, Weapon, Fletching tradeskills, with crafted accessories in Jewelcraft -OR- Jewelcraft will be renamed to Bountycraft and contain all of the potential items.
  • In order to craft the items, characters will need the following:
    • 1 or more Bounty Molds
    • 1 Recipe Template
    • 1 Bag of Glowing Dust new crafting component
    • 1 or more rare alchemy crafting components
  • Characters can visit the Bounty Merchant to purchase 1 or more of the following items for varying amounts of bounty points:
    • Bounty Weapon Mold
    • Bounty Armor Mold
    • Bounty Accessory Mold
    • Bounty Molds will NOT be tradable
  • Characters will also be able to earn a new Recipe Template item from RvR quests and (rarely from) keep chests.
    • The will be the category of item that can be made (ex: Curse, Otherworldly, Aurulite, Frozen, Hallowed, etc.) from the template.
    • These categories are also the way the equipment will be categorized in the recipe list.
    • Recipe Templates WILL be tradable
  • The Bag of Glowing Dust component will be purchaseable from any normal general supplies crafting merchant for 2.5 plat or can be crafted at 1000 Alchemy for around 1 plat in generic component costs.
    • The Bag of Glowing Dust WILL be tradable
  • The crafted high-end equipment that results from this new system will NOT be tradable.
In addition to crafting high-end loot as described, players will also be able to purchase the following on Bounty Merchants, directly:

• Otherworldly Ore
  • Essences of Omni-Healing, Omni-Regen, Tenacity, and Restoration
  • Randomized Copper, Silver or Gold Keep keys for each keep
  • Some event items directly
  • Randomized crafting component box
  • Magic Orbs
  • Randomized Doppelganger Shards
    • These will no longer drop Magic Orbs or Draught of Supremacy/Celerity shards
  • And more!

RvR Quest and Reward Streamlining

We're also tackling some of the extraneous RvR quests and rewards and streamlining them into a more coherent system that will supplement the new RvR currency system and still deliver the same or even more rewards without cluttering up inventory while out RvRing!

• New weekly or monthly repeatable quests will be offered by Commander Wentworth, Commander Hrurdin, and Commander Locke in each realm's relic towns that will offer bounty point rewards:
    • The Royal Accountant's quest 'A New Threat in an Old Form' will have its steps to kill each of the Doppelganger lords as well as 25 normal doppelgangers consolidated into a new weekly repeatable quest.
      • This quest will grant realm points in addition to the bounty point reward.
    • The statue quests Tribute: Conqueror, Enforcer, and Peerless will be consolidated into a single monthly quest requiring characters to capture 40 keeps, kill 150 realm enemies, and gather 50 supplies and 50 rubble.
      • This quest will offer the statue quests' normal potion rewards in addition to bounty points.
  • A new weekly repeatable quest that requires players to gather randomly spawned crates in Ellan Vannin's dock areas, ruins, and around Knoc Meayll.
    • This quest will be obtainable from and turned into the Ellan Vannin Cargomasters.
    • Due to its more dangerous locale than the Supplies for the Cause quest, it is intended for veteran players and its rewards will reflect that.
  • Daily RvR kill quests will remain generally unchanged except for the following:
    • The Battle of Buggane's Obelisk quest will now grant credit for its kills over the entire zone it currently resides.
    • Hibernia's Buggane's Obelisk location will be moved to Breifine in the area between Dun nGed and Dun da Behnn
    • Roaming with Friends and For the Realm will no longer grant credit unless the target of the kill is in a group.
  • Supplies for the Cause
    • The quest will now only be obtainable from and turned into the Caer Benowyc, Bledmeer Faste, and Dun Crauchon Cargomasters.
    • Supplies and Rubble no longer spawn on Ellan Vannin, as this quest is more intended for newer players.
    • Supply boxes will still spawn in the Ruined areas with rubble still spawning in the maze areas.
  • Otherworldly Flora will now only have a chance to drop the following:
    • Essence of Celerity
    • Essence of Supremacy
    • Nothing
  • Pict Vigilant Belts are now part of the Chieftain's loot tables.
  • Several quests and rewards will no longer be offered or obtainable through their existing means:
    • Doppelgangers will no longer drop their shards.
    • Otherworldly Ore will no longer spawn in the Frontiers
    • Keep keys will no longer drop from keep lords
    • Royal Accountant's Anatomy of a Foe quest will no longer be offered
    • Royal Accountant's A New Threat in an Old form will no longer be offered
    • Scouting Ellan Vannin quest will no longer be offered
    • The Ongoing Pictish Nuisance quest will no longer be offered
    • The statue-based Tribute: Conqueror, Enforcer, and Peerless quests will only be doable 1 time instead of monthly repeatable.

Other 1.125 highlights

• 2 new race/class combinations per realm
  • Keep and tower difficulty adjustments, including attackable ‘postern’ doors that protect keep gatehouses’ boiling oil areas!
  • Ruined Area improvements!
  • Class Changes
  • Crash-related bug fixes
  • A new keep-siege dynamic objective system which will be implemented in the Molvik battleground in 1.125 and will potentially be extended in later versions to the other battlegrounds and the Frontier keeps if well-received.
  • Mithril-purchaseable masks that even Minotaurs can wear!
  • Visible cooldown timers for spell icons on the quickbar and active buff/debuff area!
  • Item condition loss reductions!
  • Craft window delve updates!
  • And more!

Fall Outlook
Once patch 1.125 has released, we'll be shifting our development resources towards the Endless Conquest update. To recap: Endless Conquest will provide a way to enjoy Dark Age of Camelot without a subscription cost! As mentioned in some previous Grab Bags this option will now be made available to returning and new accounts rather than just newly created ones. This change does increase the scope of the Endless Conquest update considerably but we strongly believe it's the right way forward for Dark Age of Camelot!

Once patch 1.125 is out, we'll be updating the Endless Conquest page with our new plans and a new list of EC-account restrictions! WIth these new Endless Conquest plans and the delay to patch 1.125, we no longer expect to release the Endless Conquest update in 2018 and are instead targeting the first half of 2019.

But fear not, we'll be providing content Hot Fix updates throughout the intervening period while we work on the Endless Conquest and there are several events to look forward to too!

• A new Fall Harvest event!
  • DAoC's 17th Anniversary celebration!
  • The Mournful King and Jack Frost instances!
  • The usual Holiday events
  • Realm Point and Bounty Point bonuses!
We also hope to have the new Camelot website ready this Fall!

Thank you for taking the time to read through this letter and we hope you share our excitement for what's coming to Dark Age of Camelot!

Onward,

John Thornhill
Producer

Click here to visit the DAoC Herald!
Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged:

Comments

• I don't understand the roaming quest change, you want to discourage duo/small man ?

broadsword only wants u to be solo or 8+ ? ;\
  • how can name changes be so hard to implement when a csr can change a characters name in seconds?
  • edited June 2018 PM
    Sounds good to me! Can't find anything I don't like in what you said. Super happy about the change to the bugganes credit being the entire zone. I also like how the Sup/Celerity essences will drop off all the essences now and you can get the others w/ bp's or valor or whatever it will be called.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • Solivos wrote: »
    how can name changes be so hard to implement when a csr can change a characters name in seconds?

That's a manual change done by a person. To implement game client and mtx changes is what is addressed here, automatic pay mtx get name change at char screen or such.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • SymSym
    edited June 2018 PM
    This is great!

@Carol_Broadsword is there any considerations to doing something to make the ruined “solo” areas real realm vs realm solo areas and less /duel /bow solo areas? Maybe disable emotes in the solo zones? :)

I am concerned if we send new players to get supplies in solo spots they will be preyed on by RR12 full Tempe’s vamps infils and valks...

Or can we have a random “supply or rubble drop from solo kills”? This to avoid 30 FTP chars fighting for 5 crates in one zone...

Serious question though...
    Post edited by Sym on
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • edited June 2018 PM
    "In addition to crafting high-end loot as described, players will also be able to purchase the following on Bounty Merchants, directly:

Some event items directly"

So will this include the current Ghostly Medal of Valor? I returned about a month ago after a near two year absence and missed out on this event, yet every updated temp I find has one. It's been really discouraging. Seeing some of the best pieces be apart of a yearly event makes me feel like I should just resub whenever that event comes back.
    Post edited by Solutheron on
  • So, string us along about a patch then delay it at the last second. Try to make it better by offering to sell us high end gear for bounty points, but then tell us that long loyal players who have a decade invested are going to get bounty points deleted. Dangle the carrot.....snatch it away.......dangle the carrot .......snatch it away. Good luck and goodbye.
  • Relax...delays are normal at most companies especially when scope changes or large defects are found. This is especially true in software.
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • edited June 2018 PM

Roaming with Friends and For the Realm will no longer grant credit unless the target of the kill is in a group.

So if someone wants to make sure people won't get credit they can just use a /disband macro when about to die?
    Post edited by Daelin on
  • No, it's not about relaxing. The person has a valid point. Your long standing players, who basically have nothing to spend the bps on, now you are looking to implement something that may be worthwhile and in the same breath say, we are going to take that away and cap it at xxx. Sorry, you lose.

I don't have issues with how long it takes for something positive to happen. Things happen. But this is not ok, nor is it positive.

I would like to continue, but sadly, i think it is not worth anymore agrivation.

Good luck!
  • I have a question: if this race change is done in game is this going to be strictly cosmetic or will a player gain the benefit of racial resists and starting stats?
  • How is any of this great? Take away all your bps, make you pve, add to stupid quests etc etc drinking the koolaid
  • i call bull***..... CSRs have the power to name change... IE offenseive name.... now we are told it cant be done?

come on. i know for a fact CSRs can do it, yet they cant make it to where we can?

im no computer genious but it seems odd to me.
    "don't quote me boy cause i aint said ****"
    Eazy E
  • Again, it's about a client change not manual name change. A CSR can change a name on someone right now with no issues, that's editing their name (I'm not a CSR I don't know exact procedure/steps). What a MTX name change would be is a client coding change that this auto happens when you purchase a name change. We're not saying it's not possible to change a name at all, we're saying to automate it for MTX "would not be possible without a significant overhaul to the game client and microtransaction system."

Changing a name manually is and always has been possible, making the game do it (instead of a person manually editing it) never was and that's what was addressed as regards the issue.

@sym we're still looking at the ruined areas (mentioned in the letter) just no details on what's on the table there yet so this would encompass that.

@Solutheron yes high end gear will be available through this new system. Ghost Keep will return as an event (no dates currently) and the traveling merchants also sell it.

@Badnagen what are you currently doing with your bounty points? Genuine question, currently you can by BP items such as exp scrolls (not tradeable), and master levels. The cap limit and cost is still being discussed and feedback always helps so please do let us know.

@Daelin I'll get clarification on that, bear with me.

@Jak the cap and limit is not set in stone

@Sepphiroth75 It's not cosmetic, you will gain everything about the race when you change.

@Hejoridi Cap and cost still in discussion,
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • BS should push out the RvR changes now instead of delaying for the Race/Gender change stuff. The way that letter was worded it sounds like we may not see the patch till closer to fall. The population and lack of action is already forcing people to quit. We need something to jump start the game right now.. not in a few more months.

That said, it's nice to at least see a patch update post... long over due.
    Tral
  • edited June 2018 PM
    @John_Broadsword @Carol_Broadsword
    The issue is that we have been waiting for any kind of update, and basically you came out with a letter that says we tried and we are going to continue to over complicate the situation in multiple ways.

Why does there need to be a cap on BPS? That is something I have earned on each char. And yes I do spend them, when I level a new char I buy the ML's with BP's, I buy Artifact and scrolls with BP's, I know of a vamp that sells ML's for plat. There are many uses still for BP's, and now you are going to take that away? Thats like me saying I had 3 accounts, but now I only have 2, sure I still play and can have a good time, but you will get less.

And the delays on this, as I mentioned in my post, cost for this game vs. others is over the top and not in line with other tier 1 games. And the biggest competition is about explode on you, there are very high hopes for Unchained and it is opening beta on July4th, now it looks like this patch (promised to be released a month ago - ish due to lack of communication in what actually constitutes the end of spring) may not come out until fall? This is the biggest time for your player base to grow, release the RvR side of the patch, let people get re-hooked on that with the continued promise of race respec and Endless conquer in the future, then people get hooked over the summer and forget about the other games coming out, they say stuff like, the action is to good in DAoC to go check out XYZ. But as it stands right now, you are letting this opportunity slide.

This game has the best MMO PvP system of any other game out right now, which is why we play it. But, the guy that developed that system, is about to make his biggest release for his new game... and you had every opportunity to do something about it, and declined.

edit: spelling
    Post edited by Staticc on
  • Guys I am 100% against hardcapping BP's and deleting the surplus from veteran players. The whole argument that "they're essentially worthless and are hardly used on anything" is null in my opinion because there have been suggestions for years to implement some sort of BP merchant. I even suggested utilizing BP's to repair items without a durability penalty for instance at one point.

Veteran players have a surplus of bounty points because they've been active paying/playing subscribers for so long. In regards to having too many BP's, we wanted something to spend them on. Making the end game gear purchasable with bounty points but non trade-able is a perfect solution. If the hardcap is implemented and veteran/loyal players have their bounty point surplus deleted in order to match the hard cap that would be a direct slap in the face to the players that have been directly supporting the game with absolutely no reward for being a loyal paying subscriber, in fact, we'll be penalized for having played as long as we have.
  • edited June 2018 PM
    @Amp_Phetamine
    Guys I am 100% against hardcapping BP's and deleting the surplus from veteran players. The whole argument that "they're essentially worthless and are hardly used on anything" is null in my opinion because there have been suggestions for years to implement some sort of BP merchant. I even suggested utilizing BP's to repair items without a durability penalty for instance at one point.

Veteran players have a surplus of bounty points because they've been active paying/playing subscribers for so long. In regards to having too many BP's, we wanted something to spend them on. Making the end game gear purchasable with bounty points but non trade-able is a perfect solution. If the hardcap is implemented and veteran/loyal players have their bounty point surplus deleted in order to match the hard cap that would be a direct slap in the face to the players that have been directly supporting the game with absolutely no reward for being a loyal paying subscriber, in fact, we'll be penalized for having played as long as we have.

Exactly... those points were awarded to us, if we choose to spend them or not should be left to us, but was earned none the less.
    Post edited by Staticc on
  • Calconious wrote: »
    BS should push out the RvR changes now instead of delaying for the Race/Gender change stuff. The way that letter was worded it sounds like we may not see the patch till closer to fall. The population and lack of action is already forcing people to quit. We need something to jump start the game right now.. not in a few more months.

That said, it's nice to at least see a patch update post... long over due.

I am not sure they are actually addressing the RvR issues anyway, other than making them worse -- that was the most disappointing thing to me -- followed closely by the BP fiasco ---overall disappointed is the nicest thing I can say -- perhaps the devils in the details.

• @Badnagen what are you currently doing with your bounty points? Genuine question, currently you can by BP items such as exp scrolls (not tradeable), and master levels. The cap limit and cost is still being discussed and feedback always helps so please do let us know.

I understand what you are doing with BPS and such however I somewhat disagree with a cap on BPS as once someone reaches that cap they will be forced to use them at that time in order to keep accumulating them. I'm the type of person that likes to stockpile resources for use at a later time or even trading across realms and being forced to purchase something with my currency because I will not be allowed to earn more until I use what I have really doesn't thrill me.

I also disagree with players with large amounts of BPS losing them primarily due to the fact that there isn't much to use them on before this new system goes into place. As your question asks, what is there to do with BPS currently? Perhaps if prior to taking away excess BPS we were given a method to convert BPS into something else that would soften the blow. Perhaps add them as a currency option to the current currency exchange merchant or allow us to convert them to gold/plat?

There's a lot to unpack in this letter but this really jumped out at me when going through the letter.
  • @Carol_Broadsword will the new rewards be bound to the person? Or will they be tradable?

I think BS wants to avoid someone with millions of BPs from buying frozen and hallowed templates for their entire guild.
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • The end item is not tradeable.

Thanks for the feedback guys!
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Sym wrote: »
    @Carol_Broadsword will the new rewards be bound to the person? Or will they be tradable?

I think BS wants to avoid someone with millions of BPs from buying frozen and hallowed templates for their entire guild.

As a veteran player with tons of BPS I would be much happier if I knew I could convert my BPS to something more useful prior to losing them. Something that might also be good is to allow ML credits to be storable in house vaults.
  • To say we are doing nothing with bps now, is fine. They are limited in their usefulness, but to say that and then say to people, we are now going to hard cap it ay xxx amount is a slap in the face to your long time players.

I don't see how anything listed here is going to help the state of rvr. Period.

As much as it hurts to say, I agree that allowing people to convert it into other currency before you grab their points away. Though again, it does absolutely nothing to improve rvr.
  • I guess I am just a glass is half full kind of person. As far as the BP changes go, in the current settings myself and a handful of other players (very few) sell ML's with our BP's. Other than that they are pretty much only used for speed stones once you hit CL15 and ML10. Everyone has complained about having to do PvE and not having a use for BP's. Now they put in this new system that will allow people to avoid PvE farming and make BP's worthwhile and we are upset because they want to cap it? I would rather them implement a good use for them and cap it/reduce bp's as opposed to putting in a whole new system and everyone starts at zero. This is coming from a player who farms ALOT of BP's (probably sold 3-4 million bp's worth of ML's in my 18 months here). I'm not saying they couldn't have done a simpler easier system, but if you do what they plan on doing and let people who have millions of bp's sitting around it will crash the market. Items that were worth 100p+ will now be worth 20p+. Not to mention it would kill any chance of players having raids for the PvE side of it.

So my take on this @Sym is that you will be able to trade the "Recipe Template" that you get from doing some sort of RvR quest, the glowing dust, and of course the "rare alchemy component", but you will NOT be able to trade the molds and the actual items. My question is what kind of RvR quests are going to reward these "Recipe Templates." Sounds great if its something that will be able to be accomplished fairly easily with any form of solo/group. Will be a whole other thing entirely if it is some sort of BG required thing.

I do have one big question about the essences. You say the essence plants have a chance to drop supremacy/celerity/nothing. I'm hoping that means all essences will now drop sup/celerity with 0% chance of getting nothing. It doesn't help anyone out if you have a 50% chance of "nothing".

• SymSym
    edited June 2018 PM
    Guys, if they made a whole new currency then none of this matters. Almost no one is using BPs anymore so they can take a simpler approach.

I think posting this is great, now they have a few weeks to collect meaningful feedback for the actual patch. This is almost as good as pushing a patch to pendragon.

We want to know class changes too!

Side note: any reason we are making supremacy pots harder to get? If anything they should be easier to get for a new player.
    Post edited by Sym on
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • Example of how this annoys people with high BP currently,

I have 100k BP on one toon
    Cap goes to 50k
    I craft item that costs 5k
    I buy ML's for my new alt at 30k
    I now have 15k bp
    Now I can run another quest to get more BP's to buy ML for alt when I already had enough bps before....

And agreed, these note do nothing to improve RvR and thus provides zero incentive for people to stay, least of all increase population. These notes only sustain the decline in pop, and its not even slated to come until fall (maybe when is the fall season?? Christmas??)

I agree we should not have a system where Herorious could simply login one day and spend 1 mill BPS on frost weapons for every hib left playing, but there needs to be actual investigation and thought into the middle ground on this. Hero is not the average player.
  • I’m pretty sure cap won’t be 50k. Most likely a Mold for a high end item will be 50-100k by itself...they probably want you to get 1mil RPs before u can afford a major item. So several weeks.
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • Staticc wrote: »
    Example of how this annoys people with high BP currently,

I have 100k BP on one toon
    Cap goes to 50k
    I craft item that costs 5k
    I buy ML's for my new alt at 30k
    I now have 15k bp
    Now I can run another quest to get more BP's to buy ML for alt when I already had enough bps before....

And agreed, these note do nothing to improve RvR and thus provides zero incentive for people to stay, least of all increase population. These notes only sustain the decline in pop, and its not even slated to come until fall (maybe when is the fall season?? Christmas??)

I agree we should not have a system where Herorious could simply login one day and spend 1 mill BPS on frost weapons for every hib left playing, but there needs to be actual investigation and thought into the middle ground on this. Hero is not the average player.

Or if you have these hypothetical high amount of bp's instead you go buy a whole bunch of BP ML tokens now and then you can remove that whole ML part from your equation and you are back to just needing those bp's for gear. Which as @Sym said, if they put in a whole new currency you would be at zero.
  • New BP crafted items won’t be tradable so you can’t twink Alts or guildees
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • Sym wrote: »
    New BP crafted items won’t be tradable so you can’t twink Alts or guildees

True, but the "Recipe" and glowing dust will be tradeable. So all the twinks/guildees will have to farm is the bp's for the molds. Once again, not knowing what sort of RvR quest will need to be done to get these "Recipe Templates" could also change this up. If its a quest saying you need to capture 100 keeps to get one "Recipe Template" than you would be much better off farming PvE. If its something like "Get 20 deathblows" then I think its a pretty solid idea.
  • SymSym
    edited June 2018 PM
    Yes but farming BPs is the hardest part! If a mold costs 20k bps, and I get 20-150 bps per kill, that’s a long time!

A 10 minute supply run with bugg gives like 5-8k bps so most likely these molds will be super expensive.
    Post edited by Sym on
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • first of all, those are example numbers to make a point, not actual workable numbers,
    secondly, Sym, I know that, but the things that are tradable will still be viable to use for alts and guildies. This now makes me want to hoard my bps and not share, on every char.
  • Yes, the funny thing is that now the supply areas in EV will be full of people stocking up on BPs for their Alts! That’s tons of fun solo and small man action in preparation for the patch. I know I’ll be out there trying to get 50-100k bp per toon.
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • but supplies won't be on EV, your just doing PvE to avoid doing PvE.... seems counter productive...
  • And its just easier to stay in Lierv and farm the BP's before hitting 50 with /xp off and farm the one quest on the mobs right outside of PK....get 200k BP, then level to 50.. or 300k bp and buy scrolls to hit 50....
  • They are now...so while we wait for patch, everyone will be running supplies to stock up on BPs to buy the molds on day 1. Currently supply areas are ghost towns, this should spice up the action.
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • Well I guess the only way I can argue that Alb logic is with 2 hero's in a keep!
  • Jak wrote: »
    I don't see how anything listed here is going to help the state of rvr. Period.

This is the issue -- I understand the BP discussion as it is fleshed out in the letter and it is clearly disturbing....but the most twinked out character in the DAOC universe is pretty much useless is RvR continues on the path it's on --- though I suppose you can still bow to the few around....
  • Can we make the new high end loot only craft able with siegecraft to encourage everyone to be able to make rams and siege towers and stuff?
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • @Carol_Broadsword I just don't understand why BS couldn't have just fixed the bugs and glitches first with hotfixes while still working on the larger patch content. According to Beib they still don't have a fix for the crashing issues. Why is it that BS has put off fixing broken content/glitches for more convoluted fluff that hardly anyone believes is needed? I am not talking about race/name changes. Please @Carol_Broadsword shed some light on this issue of prioritizing!
  • @Kymatius the crash/bug fixes were mentioned in the letter. Briefly, but they were included and if it were hotfixable it would have been hotfixed long ago.

BTW, these weren't notes, just to clarify. This was a Producer's Letter going into detail on some items that'll be in the notes.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • edited June 2018 PM
    Sorry to mislead anyone by our using the word "notes" when we should be saying " Producers letter" we were trying to have an active discussion about our thoughts and what the Producer's letter stated about the upcoming notes. We were being lazy, [edited]
    Post edited by Driralin on
  • Oh, I'm also bummed about name changes being off the table. I was genuinely looking forward to correct some unfortunate mistakes.
  • Blah. Blah...crafting...Blah. Blah.
    Really? Crafting? Really?
    How many unsubs so far today?

• I dunno bout you but I just subbed up 3 more bot accts for alchemy and BP farming...
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • RVR while crafting items yea that’s what the people wanted...

I literally can’t even
  • Sym..... you can't trade the items....

You can.... omfg..... Cool Resub up 3 more accounts... GL fighting yourself...
  • I will admit that since the actual items themselves and the molds can't be traded there is not a huge reason to cap and reduce bp's. Not that I care if they do, but people are going to have to do the RvR quests to get the RvR recipes anyways. All having alot of bp's is going to do is make it easier for people with a surplus to get things like potion ingredients and the other random junk.
  • But guys you can craft keys and farm dopples?!