How much do you spend on mithril and should paid subscribers get a discount?

How much does everyone spend on mithril? Not including my accounts i have spent an extra $200 in 2020 on mithril. Some of that was for me and guild mates. I like the shops but feel that the dye costs are way too much and should be less plus i think paid subs should get a slight discount on items versus ec accounts. Im talking like 10-15% reduction in mithril cost.

In all i would love to see the total numbers for much much extra cash the shops bring in. I wish they had these years ago

Comments

• I regularly spend $100-150 a month on Mithril, and would absolutely welcome a discount haha
    CATACUSX/Einherjarl - ASATRUAR
  • I think I bought $200 in mithril in the past 3 days alone. I've probably spent north of $1,000 since it was introduced easily. But I buy it to get insta 50's on bot accounts because I'm lazy.
  • $0. I’m not into transmogging stuff.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • KatKat
    edited June 2020 PM
    I bought a name change. Mythril is a nice option, but I dont use it often. I don't think they should discount anyone, Nothing is a requirement to play the game. It funds BS and helps keep daoc open
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Didn't know about the ability to buy mithril. Where do you get it from?
  • I bought the 2200 pack when mythril first came out, then came back to the game again this January and have bought another 2200 pack since coming back. I use it for Transmoging and that't it really
  • edited June 2020 PM

[not needed]
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
  • Monthly Mithril for subs would be dope.
  • How much does everyone spend on mithril? Not including my accounts i have spent an extra $200 in 2020 on mithril. Some of that was for me and guild mates. I like the shops but feel that the dye costs are way too much and should be less plus i think paid subs should get a slight discount on items versus ec accounts. Im talking like 10-15% reduction in mithril cost.

In all i would love to see the total numbers for much much extra cash the shops bring in. I wish they had these years ago

Would be nice if they gave some mithril to paid subscriptions each month like the RP pots as a thank you.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • edited June 2020 PM
    I did buy Mithrill for 150 Euro until now. I would buy more if there would be more options.

1-) I wish i could buy RPS-Transfers from my Toons in other realms to Hibernia.
    2-) I would buy more skins for Armor and weapons
    3-) I would buy Colors (WHITE!) oder color-Effects for Weapons/Armor

Why not: 13 Euro/month is not much if you play every day. So you can give BS some more money to get DAOC alive.

As long as there is no Pay-to-win, everything is ok!
    Post edited by Strolch on
  • Rp transfers... Lmao
  • Lol ya definitely a no on rp transfer especially to hib you oready get plenty from all the relics at this point i am strongly for removing the damage boost for controlling the relics and just have the rp/xp bonuses. Cant take a keep from hibs anyways everyone like to switch to hib anytime we try i mean they will have a 40% bonus then when we hit we end up with a 40% and they have none
  • Is there a guide out there for what is available on the merchant and a how to if you want to skin weapons/armor?
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • I would be all in they they allowed you to pool all your RPs on an account and put them all on a single toon for mithril.
  • Rp transfer is stupid. Kinda kills the whole idea of the game.
  • Kroko wrote: »
    Rp transfer is stupid. Kinda kills the whole idea of the game.

Solo zones are stupid and have killed the point of the game yet here they are...
  • Solo zones haven't killed anything since they're routinely raided by groups.
  • edited June 2020 PM
    There are no solo zones in daoc.
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • I haven’t spent very much since it started maybe max of 20-30$.
    As a subscriber I feel the prices and are very overpriced in general.
    Why can’t they having rolling daily “deals” or even a weekend deal?!
    Most games have this every single day of the week!!
    How about a holiday bundle sale?

To contrast this I spend 30-50$ per season in Path of exile and it’s usually on a package deal. I make it last by holding for daily or holiday deals in the store.
  • I'd buy a race change for one toon, but I'm not dropping $50 on it.
    $15? Sure.

So $0 so far.
  • edited June 2020 PM
    Same @Elkad instead I rerolled a brand new Inf from scratch and made a highlander.

This is 100% my point about the Mith store. If I knew there was rotating discounts or weekend/holiday discounts I would’ve bought Mith and just waited for the race respec to go on sale.

This is nothing or ground breaking; why reinvent the wheel. Every other MMO with a cash shop has been using this concept for years...
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • Old code. Oh wait...
  • They sell Mithril from a store?? Cool. I said that years ago. Glad they implemented it. Now, let people move toons from one acct. to another.Selling bad ass weapons and armor would be awesome too. I'm a capitalist and if it can be imagined, it can be sold.
  • They sell Mithril from a store?? Cool. I said that years ago. Glad they implemented it. Now, let people move toons from one acct. to another.Selling bad ass weapons and armor would be awesome too. I'm a capitalist and if it can be imagined, it can be sold.

Since John and Carol are opening up their Minds and Ideas with this great game, email and trade/transfer system in game like wow ,would be awesome!
  • Should let us buy house deads or plat tokens with mithril
  • A lightning should hit me while taking a dump if i ever realy think about spending real money for that kind of BS.
    Unbelievable how much money some guys spend...
    Either you are rich or you get the money while sleeping....
    These people have so idea of the worth of money....

And on top...
    How should there be any pressure on the Gamemakers to improve the game if they get your money anyway ??
    And they get it for doing nothing, now i understand the topic of this Game-Decisions...

One is learning every day... :)
    Thanks for that.

Mahv
  • Mahvash wrote: »
    A lightning should hit me while taking a dump if i ever realy think about spending real money for that kind of BS.
    Unbelievable how much money some guys spend...
    Either you are rich or you get the money while sleeping....
    These people have so idea of the worth of money....

And on top...
    How should there be any pressure on the Gamemakers to improve the game if they get your money anyway ??
    And they get it for doing nothing, now i understand the topic of this Game-Decisions...

One is learning every day... :)
    Thanks for that.

Mahv

It's amazing what you can do when you have a good career that pays you well.
  • A few hundred $. I really like the masks
  • @Mahvash that's a sad comment dude. I was amazed by the amount of money some people have mentioned spending, but it's all for their entertainment. To each his own. What little money I've spent has been well enjoyed. Except for when I came back as EC and paid $2 for a /XP OFF token that I used for like 90 minutes then logged and was mad it expired overnight... but it's water under the bridge.
  • Ciddire wrote: »
    A few hundred $. I really like the masks

The art design is pretty bad when you look at what other MMO's are offering for Cash Shop helms especially...
    Here's a few armor sets from POE

• Broadsword dont know how much money they COULD make if the would give the players more things to buy....so sad :(

I want rps-transfers and char-transfers. Comeon: Take my money! :)
  • Id gladly pay to have my arties lvl 10.. a simple thing i think.
    Itd also be nice to be able to xfer patterns throughout your account.
  • Lol rp transfers
  • I play another MMO called Dungeons and Dragons Online. With that game, VIP (paid subs), get 'DDO Point' (just like Mith) bonuses every month, a small increase in XP, more character slots, etc. They also hold weekly sales on various items in their shop. Like DAoC, that game has died out immensely, but, they somehow keep a playable population with what they offer to their paid subs.

Just my two copper, really. I'd hate to see DAoC take an even bigger dip, would break my heart.
    Listen to the people - they will guide you..
  • Rotating daily discounts, even package deals make sense. For example full armor pattern “package” for less then buying it individually.

Also the forced buying of Supp potions for the EC potions needs to be addressed.
    They shouldn’t be a 100% rip off for EC’s.

These Supp potions are required to be effective in RVR. Therefore they should be value priced so these accounts can buy them constantly!!!
  • MTX supremacy potions should be cauldrons (99 charges) and EC accounts should be allowed to use elixirs (10 charges) without having to pay $. That way there's still incentive to buy the MTX pots without screwing over EC accounts.
  • @puter it makes sense to have tiered potions of supremacy available in the Cash shop that are appropriately priced for everyone.

I understand the concept of EC, but they shouldn’t be nickel and dimed for the top shelf buffs that are required in RVR.
  • @puter @Fateboi You both have very solid points.

It's been said many times before; so long as they address the issues with EC - I'm sure the rest will simply fall into place. @Carol_Broadsword @John_Broadsword , there are many of us that have been playing this game since it's release in 2001. Truth is, many of us love this game and would hate to see it fall. Most of the population is giving you sound advice on how to get this game back on track. What do you say?
    Listen to the people - they will guide you..