Doppelganger Invasion Event and RvR Bonus Update

The traveling merchants have departed and the Doppelganger Invasion event has come to an end.

• The event's Doppelganger spawn rates, locations, and RP rewards will permanently remain.
  • Doppelgangers will no longer drop Invader Seals.
  • Players will have any Invader Seals removed upon logging into the game.
  • Players can no longer obtain or turn-in the [Daily] Doppelganger Invasion quest.

RvR bonuses will continue at their existing values until July 7th:

• On Ywain:
    • 50% bonus to RPs from kills
    • 50% bonus to normal XP gain in all classic and shrouded isle zones and dungeons.
  • On Gaheris:
    • 50% bonus to normal XP gain in all classic and shrouded isle zones and dungeons.
    • 50% bonus to normal RP gain in the capital cities.
  • In each capital city:
    • 40% Bonus to Crafting Speed
    • 20% Bonus to Crafting Skill Gain
  • In each housing zone:
    • 20% Bonus to Crafting Speed
    • 10% Bonus to Crafting Skill Gain

Click here to visit the DAoC Herald!
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged:

Comments

• Nice! :)
    And now please give Herorious the next Realmrank!
  • I could see upping the rr cap if there was w good amount of people at the cap but there is only 1 person i cant see the reasoning for upping it just for 1 guy. Now i can see mabe giving him a costum weapon or helm skin just for him. Right there is just no real point in raising it any higher.
  • Cheers hoping they make another flavor of the Invasion campaign soon!!

Oh and advertise it somewhere or compile a fancy email or Infographic and distro. @Beib
  • KoeKoe
    edited June 2020 PM
    I'm fine with a 14L3 herorius if it makes you zergling hibs feel better.

While we are on that subject though, it's about time to nerf animists or give the other realms some, and the nature druid level 50 insta cast group root cure. It also aoe instant roots enemies for 15 seconds and doesn't break on damage. So every time there's a decent push because some silly mid/alb thinks they will get one of their relics back, they just cast that and and then a lazy ST (maybe) and just kill every single pushing caster (and most of the tanks as well as they can't get to the targets or pull back).

Aoe bombers/bombers and insta aoe root that doesn't break on damage would be okay if every realm got them or had a counter. What's the counter to that combination? Make that fair and Hero can have all his rps, till then I'm not sure he deserves this easy mode play.
    Post edited by Koe on
  • @Koe
    Mids have ae stun, which does about the same thing (or even more), combined with bombs.
    So you get this insta root (which only 3 druids on the server have) and other realms get ae stun? Sounds fair.
  • If you can't funnel through the door without dying.....treb walls. Build seige towers. More than one way to skin a cat.
  • Koe wrote: »
    I'm fine with a 14L3 herorius if it makes you zergling hibs feel better.

While we are on that subject though, it's about time to nerf animists or give the other realms some, and the nature druid level 50 insta cast group root cure. It also aoe instant roots enemies for 15 seconds and doesn't break on damage. So every time there's a decent push because some silly mid/alb thinks they will get one of their relics back, they just cast that and and then a lazy ST (maybe) and just kill every single pushing caster (and most of the tanks as well as they can't get to the targets or pull back).

Aoe bombers/bombers and insta aoe root that doesn't break on damage would be okay if every realm got them or had a counter. What's the counter to that combination? Make that fair and Hero can have all his rps, till then I'm not sure he deserves this easy mode play.

Ichor is available to all realms. It may not be instant but it is an uninterruptible cast.
  • @kroko aoe, bolt range?, very long duration root from animist...
  • This pboe pulsing nearsight on the bainshee are op too
  • Carol @Carol_Broadsword , I don't think this is correct:

"The event's Doppelganger spawn rates, locations, and RP rewards will permanently remain."

Many of the spawn locations seem to be missing. It looks like most everything in Breifine seems to be missing. Nothing due east of Nged or along the way to Dun da Bhen. I do note that the locations in Emain appear to be there, including the new ones that were moved out of Moydruim.

Also, didn't see any very many in Alb and none near Bold, except for one of the original spawns near the Alb maze that has been there for years. I have not had a chance to check Mid yet.

I'm pretty sure it's not that they were camped; it appears their spawn locations have been removed.
  • @Notawitch I noticed this this morning also. Seemed to be missing some in areas and/or slower spawn rate... in some places... but honestly it's been one day for me so I don't wanna confirm anything, just what I've noticed
  • edited June 2020 PM
    Spawn-Timers are worse now. No camping Spawnpoint worth now. Broadsword does nothing right...but hey: We get new Housing-grafics now....

No bugs getting fixed, nothing realy new in a 20 years old game. No wonders if more and more player leaving.
    Post edited by Strolch on
  • The last post was a bit harsh @Strolch

What I do agree though, it would be nice to have a road map on what’s going to happen. Balance patches need to be quicker. There is no commitment or information on patches which is really demotivating to play. I’m baffled that necros aren’t nerfed until now. They let the game destroy itself and don’t do anything about it.
  • It's a harsh reality when the quality of development isn't reflected by its price tag.
  • The small man action has dropped so much since they dropped the event :(

• edited June 2020 PM
    In Midgard I know of these doppel spawns that are missing.
    1) Doppel front of Hild Faste Spire (used to be slow spawn now MIA)
    2) Doppel just east of Mid POC entrance (used to spawn continually now never)
    3) Doppel NW of Hild CK near glacial maulers
    4) Doppel SE of Glen CK across the water next to rainbow sprites
    69XGQUS.jpg

5) West Glen bridge doppel seems to be either slow popping or missing.
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • Thanks for the reports all, doppel spawns should be good again! :)
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Badgor wrote: »
    The small man action has dropped so much since they dropped the event :(

Motivation to do the 5 seals a day was great for action. Traffic dropped dramatically once everyone had 300 seals. Rps are not high enough to encourage higher rr toons to roam the area (and they shouldn't be). The fun fights with all different types of classes and realm ranks have decreased greatly
  • This doppel spot in Albion hasn't been there for about the past month or so. Large hill west of Surs watchtower, near flatland bounder mobs. It used to spawn a doppel can you please take a look @Carol_Broadsword

yxmr3sS.jpg
  • Thanks for the reports all, doppel spawns should be good again! :)

Thanks much for the quick response and action, Carol. Much appreciated.
  • Action is terrible since the quest is gone
  • I haven't noticed a difference in action at all, just spawn rates. I like the doppel RP where it's at. I'm higher RR and it's still better than nothing and gives me something to do between fights, which to me was the whole point. Pop could use a boost, but this is fine
  • Action for small man and pugs is crap the doppelgänger quest when it started was great but people on here whined and the majority suffered now those same people are whining that there’re rps are going down I really don’t blame broadsword for any of the stoopidness that goes on in this game
    You get what you ask for people when I mean people I mean irc duellers because they aren’t any soloers and Zerg followers.
    Once more action is forced onto the island for irc and hero fodder dumb dumb dumb.
  • Action is awful since the quest was removed. Please bring new event asap.
    CATACUSX/Einherjarl - ASATRUAR
  • Yeah action has been pretty bad for roaming and small man since that quest went away. But you all realize if they bring it back it will not be the same and will be a shell of what it was so people won't do it. Similar to the wood bounty quest that is active. Just how it goes.
  • edited June 2020 PM
    People whining to whine. The action has been pretty steady during Primetime In the mazes.

Even if they left the quests up guess what it would slow down regardless. Just look at shipwrecked.
    Post edited by Fateboi on