Nightshade ML: Drop Stormlord and replace with Battlemaster

Stormlord is next to useless. Battlemaster would be much more utilitarian for nightshade class and in-line with the other assassins.
Tagged:

Comments

• Didn't they gut the other line with taking away mezz poison and lookout not working?
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • I would love to see this added. Open up more ML options to classes.
  • As much as I hate to support anything that benefits stealth...especially hib stealth.... It really is a fair request given what their peers receive.
  • thought it went with their magic spells----are they then giving them up ??
  • 47el wrote: »
    thought it went with their magic spells----are they then giving them up ??

Hasn't their magic damage been nerfed on the NS? Don't see whey they couldn't be brought in line with the other classes.
  • Not a fan of assassins bodyguarding archers.
  • Would prefer they take away BM from SBs and Infs.

But...either way I think it should be consistent across the realms.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • Practician wrote: »
    Stormlord is next to useless. Battlemaster would be much more utilitarian for nightshade class and in-line with the other assassins.

Shut your mouth. My shade is a stormlord. It has great uses. If you want to bodyguard a ranger.......make a ranger.
  • @Badnagen
    Can you explain where it is useful?
  • one of very few NS with this. BM would be much more useful and in-line with their abilities.
  • As soon as they give the Healer class battle master
    Asatruar - Ronnie 10 "
    Corpseshovel - Oldstanky - Nogvi

The reason people hate to PvP is they are afraid of failure
  • I would prefer stormlord on an assassin if I played one still. It’s always been under utilized.
  • I second both Healers and Nightshades getting BM.
  • Just give storms a significant cast reduction. So that they are usable in an actual fight.
  • Llewd wrote: »
    Just give storms a significant cast reduction. So that they are usable in an actual fight.

This is actually a really good idea. Insta cast, 10 min re-use, last 1 min.
  • This could easily happen with a hot fix or in 1.127 patch. It was very easy to change necros from storm lords to war lords. Nightshade battlemaster will be very easy and much needed change.
  • @Amp_Phetamine
    did you just want to say sth stupid or what was the point?
  • Bodyguard is pretty lame. Well, against tank trains.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Kroko wrote: »
    @Amp_Phetamine

I was being 100% serious. Body guard has no place in battle master let alone this game.
    @Amp_Phetamine

I was being 100% serious. Body guard has no place in battle master let alone this game.

Would rather see bodyguard reduce damage taken by the target by 90% and they can still be interrupted instead of them being untouchable and able to free cast.
  • Bodyguard is generally not that bad. However, a good compromise that was proposed wayyyyyy back in Old Frontiers is to give it intercept mechanics (where the bodyguard takes the hits applicable to their own resists, ABS, etc.)
  • You could also only allow certain spells while BGed idk
    @Badnagen

climb oil, push storms in lord room to interupt healers, prevent rezes at the lord. A climber can get storms in places a caster cant.
  • Badnagen wrote: »
    Kroko wrote: »
    @Badnagen

climb oil, push storms in lord room to interupt healers, prevent rezes at the lord. A climber can get storms in places a caster cant.

Just so an enemy caster can push it right out, just seems pointless compared to other sins.
  • edited March 2020 PM
    If you’re being bodyguarded, you can cast, but cannot Melee correct? This would give NS an advantage Infs/SBs don’t have. (Picture a NS BGing another NS)

As Randy Jackson says, “That’s gonna be a no for me dawg”.
    Post edited by DaRedANT on
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • You can melee as well
  • edited March 2020 PM
    You can melee as well
    DaRedANT wrote: »
    If you’re being bodyguarded, you can cast, but cannot Melee correct? This would give NS an advantage Infs/SBs don’t have. (Picture a NS BGing another NS)

As Randy Jackson says, “That’s gonna be a no for me dawg”.

You can /face, cast, /use items but you just can't move.
    I would worry more about an archer being bodyguarded instead of a NS, which the others realms can do atm.

Post edited by Dreamscape on
  • “Ok but make it so” as Picard said. Insta or 2.0s interruptible!
  • make it so!
  • 1.127=nightshade battlemasters!
  • I thought you play a hero now.
    RR12 !
  • There is only the Nightshade and my bard bot.
  • Nightshade battlemaster needed. Stormlord is USELESS!
  • Back when people had their bots in port keeps instead of the border keeps, Stello and I would push storms into the keeps to see whose bot we could kill. Drummed up some fun fights similar to the way assassins do with siege towers now. Been a hot minute, and everyone using the relic towns kind of makes it obsolete.
    Realm hopper extraordinaire

https://www.daocutils.com/chimp/respen
  • Less homogenization as the magic based Sin it makes sense for them.
  • Reasonable request from an unreasonable person.
  • The magic based Sin gets magic based alternative ML. Working as intended.
  • drop the stormlord ML line for NS like you did with the necro and replace with battlemaster. much more utilitarian. do the math. VERY few ns stormlords. battlemaster is much more useful for this class
  • And shar nightshade please! this is very important topic.
  • No bias in this thread at all...

Nothing to see here move along
  • it is dripping with bias as I am the top NS, unless masina does one of his random and rare log-ins. that said carol said in stream recently that shar ns or ns battlemaster are in consideration for the time being.
    it is dripping with bias as I am the top NS, unless masina does one of his random and rare log-ins. that said carol said in stream recently that shar ns or ns battlemaster are in consideration for the time being.

breaking news from @Carol_Broadsword
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
    it is dripping with bias as I am the top NS, unless masina does one of his random and rare log-ins. that said carol said in stream recently that shar ns or ns battlemaster are in consideration for the time being.

No I didn't, I said there was no plans for new class/race pairings with this patch but I'd pass on your feedback.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • edited July 2020 PM
    Lol get burned @practician (only joking with ya)
    Post edited by Names on
  • @Practician ... watching you try to gloat and get burned... how exactly do you justify being "the top NS" anyway? You are trash that gets whomped as a solo, so you zerg. Masina is 1000x better NS than you... I just don't see how anyone in your position can feel confident actually saying that publicly...
  • I don't think @Practician is actually serious when he says he's a good NS.
  • If it was a troll then it was a good one. fooled me
  • I meant to say "are NOT." but that was my mistake.
    I meant to say "are NOT." but that was my mistake.

FYI I don't hate you for stealth zerging... I've actually never hated stealth zergs tbh. But got dang calling yourself the top NS that was the trigger