Can anyone explain to me what this is?

edited May 2020 in General Board
So, a bit bored. I came across something weird.

z4yxbahf224r.png
Without any more detail, can anyone figure out what one of the shields on the left equals? Because the shield on the right is different...
Post edited by AlaskaMike on

Comments

• Not sure if this is a troll post, but, the answer is 5. The shield(s) on the very right are two stacked on top of each other.
    Listen to the people - they will guide you..
  • I agree.
  • 5 + 5 + 10 = 20.

Math is hard.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    5 + 5 + 10 = 20.

Math is hard.

Yep - hence why I said each shield is 5 =)
    Listen to the people - they will guide you..
  • Them cheeky little turds
  • Thats not how math works though... The two shields on the right are a different symbol then the single shields on the left... If we started allowing that in engineering, a lot more bridges would be falling down...
  • AlaskaMike wrote: »
    Thats not how math works though... The two shields on the right are a different symbol then the single shields on the left... If we started allowing that in engineering, a lot more bridges would be falling down...

You may consider highlighting the difference(s) because they look identical to me other than being slightly offset suggesting they're stacked.
  • The left two objects have different pixels than the right object.
    This could be stacking as you suggest. 1+1=2, or 1*1=1.
    Or, since it's different A+A+B=10. Without another equation describing A and B's relationship, can't solve for either A or B.
    The reason we can read this is because one letters pixels are different than the next. m is a completely separate letter, instead of stacked n's.
  • For me its pretty clear what it is meant to be. As stated above. Its the only way which is easy enough to get a solution quickly.
  • Pretty sure your drawings and schematics for bridge development and construction are a lot more clear and concise than a picture with a variable equation
  • You'd be surprised.... Well, plus when the contractors don't decide to just do something else entirely...