New Daoc Server Coming......

asoaso
edited March 2020 in General Board
Hello BS Team, now that everyone is at home in the world, it would be a great idea to open a PvP or Classic Server. I think you lack sensitivity when and where you can make a lot of money. I tell you: NOW! The fact that you don't recognize this totally amazes me. You could have had a lot of events or bonuses or traveling merchants OR a new server. But what happens? NOTHING. Very frustrating. I would be happy if you were really able to knock out a new server now. I can now promise you that you will have 2000+ players again in one fell swoop. As I said, a promise!
Post edited by aso on

Comments

• No.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    No.

Silence !
  • Its true that you could make money now...either through a new server, or through easier access to Ywain.
  • A new server won't happen anytime soon. You have to realize their team is ridiculously small so nothing gets done on a short fuse. I'm expecting delays in the next patch but I guess we'll see what the week brings.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Why not just copy a server and rollback him? :D im 10000% they lost all data´s and backups .... its just 1 click and u rollback the old version .... should be done in less then 1 day :D
  • A simple rollback would flop after a week without QoL adjustments and bug fixes.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
  • Dale_Perf wrote: »
    I'm surprised that the "other place" is doing bonuses as they recognize the increase in player traffic due to quarantines and BS has done nothing. Oh wait, I'm not surprised.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D nothing surprise me anymore :D
  • to be fair, there were 2 events recently...ghostkeep and st. patrick sth.

But yea, they could use this situation now.
  • Kroko wrote: »
    to be fair, there were 2 events recently...ghostkeep and st. patrick sth.

But yea, they could use this situation now.

Events differ from bonuses. The st patrick event was a scheduled event that was going to happen. Ghostkeep only happened due to community demand. Neither event offered *any* bonuses. No xp/bp/rp/$ bonuses whatsoever. I would expect a 2-3x xp boost for subs and f2p alike when we know the traffic is going to be increased.

I'm not really bothered directly from not having bonuses (I'm at comfortable rr for myself and all toons 50 anyways), but missing out on attracting more players is a shame.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • aso wrote: »
    Hello BS Team, now that everyone is at home in the world, it would be a great idea to open a PvP or Classic Server. I think you lack sensitivity when and where you can make a lot of money. I tell you: NOW! The fact that you don't recognize this totally amazes me. You could have had a lot of events or bonuses or traveling merchants OR a new server. But what happens? NOTHING. Very frustrating. I would be happy if you were really able to knock out a new server now. I can now promise you that you will have 2000+ players again in one fell swoop. As I said, a promise!

Obviously 100% correct.
    But the Game-Guys have proven already many times that they not belong that " kind " of people :) 5555555

Mahv
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    A simple rollback would flop after a week without QoL adjustments and bug fixes.

Sure, but what should stop them from implementing the needed QoL ?
    They have to act to keep the game alive....
    But they also have to use their brain.....

Mahv
  • Simply copy pasting current ywain onto a new server (delete all characters) would easily quintuple the player base for a few months.... Doesn't seem easier than that, but no.
  • AlaskaMike wrote: »
    Simply copy pasting current ywain onto a new server (delete all characters) would easily quintuple the player base for a few months.... Doesn't seem easier than that, but no.

How? A reset would piss more people off on Ywain than bring players back. The mass exoduses in recent times had nothing to do with RR. Whole guilds / alliances have quit due to BS management.
    Simply copy pasting current ywain onto a new server (delete all characters)

If they made a new server, and deleted all my characters, I would drive to their office, in FULL RED LEATHER ARMOR, and yell John’s name like Achilles did to Hector in Troy!
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • edited March 2020 PM
    @AlaskaMike is talking about a second server in addition to ywain...i assume...
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • null
    That sounds sexy
  • Kroko wrote: »
    @AlaskaMike is talking about a second server in addition to ywain...i assume...

yesssssssssssssssssssss :)

Please go for it... :)

Mahv
  • edited March 2020 PM
    So that's 2 votes against for the people who don't understand my suggestion,
    And 100% voting yes for those who do...

Seems an easy decision, and an easy solution to get money into this game.... Copy/paste server rules, then BS rolls in money for a few months while they figure out how to do a proper class/whatever server reset....

Would also prove the point that people want to play Daoc, they just don't want to constantly fight rr12's.. Hmm, wonder why the 'other' servers are losing population too? Could it be? Simple logic? Gasp!
    Post edited by AlaskaMike on

Seems an easy decision, and an easy solution to get money into this game.... Copy/paste server rules, then BS rolls in money for a few months while they figure out how to do a proper class/whatever server reset....

Would also prove the point that people want to play Daoc, they just don't want to constantly fight rr12's.. Hmm, wonder why the 'other' servers are losing population too? Could it be? Simple logic? Gasp!

Are you in politics? Very good at re-wording results to bolster your point of view.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet

Not really sure what other servers you are referring to but if it is Gaheris it actually has been very lively at of late. Seems that there are a few people/guilds of people that are tired of Ywain have found Gaheris and its population is a much more fun and relaxing experience
  • Can we please shut these dumb new server threads down complete waste of time and energy to go back to servers that have failed ywains where it’s at live server for live people not servers for back in the day people who deserted daoc for other flavour of the month crap concentrate on making live good pops up people having fun forget the people in Rehab who don’t play this game anymore but constantly bitch on here about super slow old time crap servers move on .
  • Brut wrote: »
    Can we please shut these dumb new server threads down complete waste of time and energy to go back to servers that have failed ywains where it’s at live server for live people not servers for back in the day people who deserted daoc for other flavour of the month crap concentrate on making live good pops up people having fun forget the people in Rehab who don’t play this game anymore but constantly bitch on here about super slow old time crap servers move on .

If that is what you really want i think bumping those threads to the top is counterproductive.

I am starting to suspect you want a classic server and have gotten the idea that the best way to achieve that is to use reverse psychology, I personally don't think that is the best way.