Help picking a character

I have never made it to pvp levels in this game or any mmorpg really. I usually pvp in mobas since you dont have to spend a lot of time leveling and getting gear. Anyways the moba I was playing my ratios for winning were 54 percent healer and 53 percent tank. So I am def best at tanks and healers, with off tanks being 3, melee assassin 49 range Assassin 44, and support like 46.

There are quite of few choices for classes here I can't seem to make up my mind lol. I was gonna go ranger but I have a feeling it wouldn't work for me. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• What realm are you interested in mostly? if you like 50/50 healer/tank you could roll a Warden on Hibernia. Their role is heals and you can peel/still use your weapon a little bit

Heavy tanks warrior/hero/armsman are always great in groups. Your role there would be peels, bodyguarding healers, and assisting the dps. It's a pretty easy role but important.

You should probably answer back with a few classes that sound most interesting to you and see what we have to think of your choices
  • edited March 2020 PM
    So far I've narrowed it down to valkyrie, vampire, champion, and reaver. Sounds like the role of the tank here is the same as heroes of the storm, so hmm maybe I should consider those.

So far I am liking the champion the best.
    Post edited by Lonesouls on
  • Champion is a niche class when it comes to groups. So is Vampiir and Reaver. All great solo classes but you have to be very good at the class to be helpful in group settings. Valkyrie is much more group friendly. Recently the last few groups I ran with were saying how much they like having a good sword/shield Valk in their group.

Ultimately it comes down to what you think is coolest though, and have fun with it

• Don't waste your time on Albion they have the worst classes in the game. I would go Hibernia they have been getting all the love. I am pretty sure the people running the game play Hibernia.
  • Valkyrie is really solid, you'll get groups if you struggle soloing or the solo action is bad. Champ is easily the best 1v1 out of the bunch there though.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • Thank you guys very much, I am definitely thinking Valk is the way for me. I didn't think they could use a shield when I was first looking, but they def can. I can see why the champ would be a good 1vs1 with their snare, debuff, instant dd, with being able to use a shield. I think though I didn't waste time looking through every class and getting the basics, it seems to me in order to battle right, one must have knowledge of all classes and races. I am really thrilled with this level of complexity.

From the little I know of looking through the classes in game, a battle is not just determined by levels and gear, but positional pressure, the terrain since when I played a scout I couldn't just shoot through a mountain, or tree. Knowledge of who it is you are fighting knowing what they can and cant do. While understanding what it is you can and cant do. It really reminds me of heroes of the storm where in that, it doesn't matter if one person is super good, it matters how well the 5 man team does. Daoc makes that look like monopoly junior. Cant wait to get into some group battles.
  • Lonesouls wrote: »
    From the little I know of looking through the classes in game, a battle is not just determined by levels and gear, but positional pressure, the terrain since when I played a scout I couldn't just shoot through a mountain, or tree.

You can shoot through trees though ^^
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • Can you? It must of been something else than when I did it, it told me i couldn't shoot the target.
  • Lonesouls wrote: »
    From the little I know of looking through the classes in game, a battle is not just determined by levels and gear, but positional pressure, the terrain since when I played a scout I couldn't just shoot through a mountain, or tree. Knowledge of who it is you are fighting knowing what they can and cant do. While understanding what it is you can and cant do.

Bruh I couldn't have said it better myself. That's why I love this game. You really need to know and understand your opponent as well as your own character in order to come out on top. There is so much to learn, but I'm sure you're gonna enjoy it