Thankful to Broadsword for keeping Daoc alive during these tough times

edited March 2020 in General Board
Lets face it. The global economy is screwed and all you hear on tv and social media is news about the virus. Except only one place..DAOC! We cant ignore what is going on all over our beautiful planet but it is pretty nice to take a break and log into our beloved game. Yes it is not perfect but i am dam thankful i can actually get away for a few hours with friends and hear nothing about this terrible virus. Thanks Broadsword!

PS - after this we can talk about reverting shades of mist appearance back to classic form while playing classic figures!
Post edited by Sepphiroth75 on
Tagged:

Comments

• Remember, Broadsword only saved your progress. DAoC will survive regardless of what happens to any "company" that runs it.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • edited March 2020 PM
    I mean EA was getting out of the MMO market so ya they kinda did save the game by forming Broadsword so that company is broadsword.
    Post edited by Sepphiroth75 on
  • Yeah but now I have to deal with you SDN terds on a daily basis. Bullies.
  • yep! First time the 5 of us have played together in a few years. Great hearing everyone while throwing back some drinks
  • Thanks Broadsword.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • DAoC has been immortalized since the early 2000s. BS didn't save the game. They saved your progress. That's a big difference.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    DAoC has been immortalized since the early 2000s. BS didn't save the game. They saved your progress. That's a big difference.

Not the author of the book, just the ones keeping it on the shelf.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • I think my point is being intentionally missed. Nice dodge all. Still waiting to see what changes BS has in store for the March update.
    BS didn't save the game. They saved your progress. That's a big difference.

Actually, it's the same thing. They could have saved the game, and NOT saved our progress, but there's no way they could have saved our progress and not the game. The game is still here, therefore they saved it.

Explain the difference to me.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    Tyrantanic wrote: »

Actually, it's the same thing. They could have saved the game, and NOT saved our progress, but there's no way they could have saved our progress and not the game. The game is still here, therefore they saved it.

Black market. That's all I can say without getting myself banned because it's taboo.

Don't get me wrong, I was happy at the time that BS kept Ywain up. But it's only gotten worse over time to the point where it's no longer worth the sub (at least for me). Good thing there are dedicated fans out there that'll keep the game alive well into the future regardless of what happens to this version.
  • Its your vision , for me the live are better .
    DaRedANT wrote: »
    Tyrantanic wrote: »

Black market. That's all I can say without getting myself banned because it's taboo.

Don't get me wrong, I was happy at the time that BS kept Ywain up. But it's only gotten worse over time to the point where it's no longer worth the sub (at least for me). Good thing there are dedicated fans out there that'll keep the game alive well into the future regardless of what happens to this version.

yes they f-d up but atleast it is here. We are going into a recession and alot of people are going to lose jobs so lets be grateful for what we go now because during these next few weeks or months this game will be a nice relief from the craziness
  • Too bad stealth zergs are hurting the game.
  • SDN is ruining my life. Here I am just a little solo Inf trying to get RR11 and they ruin all the fun and zerg me down. Bullies.
  • anyone selling toilet paper?
  • Kroko wrote: »
    anyone selling toilet paper?

Buy a Bidet you Barbarian.
  • I'm appreciative.
  • The Best Game I have Played Evah! o:)
  • Kroko wrote: »
    anyone selling toilet paper?

LOL
  • Nothing but <3
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Ya daoc may not be what we want it to be but we can still play it so im thankful that it is still here.