Bone Army needs improvements

edited March 2020 in General Board
Bone Army line for the bonedancer has been overly nerfed throughout the years. It's rarely spec'd in except for the healing pets which are a not what they should be. Plus BDs are a nice compliment to a guild set up. Totems and TWF can cause midgard sway the battle. Not sure if BS is looking into improving the line. Here are some improvements that need to happen.

1) a new totem needs to be introduced. There was one years ago but got taken away. It should be one that helps a grp set up or gives mids something that hib and or alb have. A couple of ideas are a nearsight totem or Mana drain totem or a pet ward where enemy pets won't enter.

2) sub pets were overly nerfed. They need to be more useful and have a strategy in their uses. An idea is base all the sub pets as undead versions of dead mid classes. Example:

Undead Warrior- sword/shield with haste self buff

Undead Valkyrie- spear, grp HP Regen/ablative proc

Undead Hunter- crit shot for targets 1875-1501, poison arrow 1500-1001 range, rapid fire 1000-1 range

Undead Healer- basic heals, heal defense proc for grp, haste debuff

Undead SM - spirit dmg, self Dex buff, Dex debuff

Undead Warlock- bolts 1500-1000 range, dots under 1500, con debuff, self Dex buff

Undead RM- snare dd, cold debuff, self Dex buff

Undead Berserker- dual wield, haste self buff

***Bolts and crit shot would be 4s, all casting and melee would be 2.7 sec, debuffs and rapid fire would be 2.0 sec****

3) Dread Lord needs to once again dreaded. In this case the BD would be able to whisper the dread Lord and choose it's weapon. He would get legendary weapons heat,spirit, cold,energy. He would be upped to lvl 55 and have the ability to taunt multiple targets if he senses casting done with in 500 radius of him for interupts.

4) the instant dd would be energy based and have a 35% snare every 7sec.

5) remove the taunt and replace it with an energy dd

These improvements would make the Bone Army line become useful again and the dread Lord would be the best pet that he should be and would help the BD be more of an option in a caster grp set up.
Post edited by Pleazing on
Asatruar - Ronnie 10 "
Corpseshovel - Oldstanky - Nogvi

The reason people hate to PvP is they are afraid of failure

Comments

• "improvements" or boost my class to be OP (again)
  • May as well put the instant life tap back on a 4s recast timer.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • just fix pet pathing
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • BA is low on dps at least on paper. 1v1 you can just sick a pet and profit unless its vs an alb (necro/tick/warlord). It seems like the BA dot hits a lot weaker even at 121 delve than ment dot. In my opinion. If you did anything with the spec I'd add a 189 delve whatever. I don't see any BA bd's solo, so maybe that would be enough. Seems like any more would be over the top.
  • I love BA just because it's a fun spec. Getting to mix and match your summons is really neat. However, pre and post nerf it went from one of my strongest solo characters to one of my weaker ones. There has to be some happy medium where it's at least on par with other casters. What the other specs can do I have no idea, they could all be OP for all I know.
  • Hmm I didn't spec my BD in BA for the healing pets... more for the "shoot on the move" archer pets.

BA was nerfed because it was stupid, mainly by nerfing the dread lord back to yellow con.

Now, you want the Dread Lord back to OJ con and have ridiculous pets on top?
  • I think pet pathing would fix the bd and all pet classes.
  • I'm guessing that's a difficult ask.
  • Pet pathing won't be fixed here. That became clear when they changed the Necromancer.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Just waiting for the "working as intended" comments instead of the "old code" ones though on pet pathing.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet