login.dll error

Hello,

I have a problem with my daoc launcher. After wrote my password, i have a fatal error with login.dll. I have tried to uninstall all the game and repatch but nothing, i do some update on my GC and same issue ....
I have no idea ... Anyone have already this problem ?

Thx all
Tagged:

Comments

• Hey Zalem,
    sorry to hear about your troubles! Please send me a message with the following so I can forward it:

- Your account name (just the name, not the password - never give your password to anyone!)
    - What operating system are you running?
    - A copy of the file login_exc.log

Thank you!
    DAoC German Community Admin
    Broadsword Online Games

Shileahs Camelot-Kompendium - DAoC-Infos auf Deutsch
    Shileah of House Dara, the First of Her name, the Unressed, Master of Stickloss, Queen of Inc-Screams, Purge-Fails and lost Line of Sight, Breaker of Mezz, Mother of Doggos
  • Hi guys, I am been also having same issue since yesterday June 12, I have uninstall the game, update the windows 8, even upgraded to 10, but nothing. Rebooted the pc several times and still nothing. Thank you for hear me out, I am just frustrating. And hope I can somehow get some help.
  • edited June 2018 PM
    Hey Eithne,

please send me a message with the following:
    - your account name (again, just the name, not the password!)
    - the operating system you are running
    - is this the only account you are trying to log in?
    - Are you a new player, and/or trying to log in on that computer the first time?

Also, please send me the files login.exc.log (C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot) and your user.dat (C:\Users\User name\AppData\Roaming\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot\LotM).

Thank you!

Anyone else who might experience the same troubles, please send me these information! We are sorry for the inconveniences. Rest assured that our tech department is working on a solution, your information helps so please keep it coming!
    Post edited by Lea_Broadsword on
    Broadsword Online Games

Shileah of House Dara, the First of Her name, the Unressed, Master of Stickloss, Queen of Inc-Screams, Purge-Fails and lost Line of Sight, Breaker of Mezz, Mother of Doggos
  • RKZRKZ
    edited June 2018 PM
    This problem happened for me as well, however I just installed Mojo on my buffbot PC and launched the game without any problems. Seems like the error is exclusive to the mythic launcher.
    Post edited by RKZ on
  • Everyone, please try it again now. Make sure to run the patcher and do not use third party tools. Please let me know if it works now!
    Broadsword Online Games

• Hello Lea, tried again but not working for me on 2 computers.
  • Can't launch the game either via the patcher, only way to launch is via mojo for me atm. Same error as the others
  • Hello , same here. Also another question not sure it has anything to do with, but anyone else has different type of dots of PW as you type in like big bold dots? just have never seen that before. And a little blue entry.
  • Thanks for the update! Please all of you send me a message here with the files login_trace, login_exc.log and a screenshot of the error message you are getting.

Eithne, the dot thing is ok, no worries!
    Broadsword Online Games

• Eithne wrote: »
    Hello , same here. Also another question not sure it has anything to do with, but anyone else has different type of dots of PW as you type in like big bold dots? just have never seen that before. And a little blue entry.
    Hola;) ye, it's something to do with the login.dll , and also a new file appears right under that, with the name login_trace;) something that has never been there before, or I've never noticed it being there;)
    I also noticed what Eithne mentioned;) and my firewall warns me about login.dll ( Suspicious Network Attivity has been detected, and file was released about a week ago. ;) both the login.dll and login_trace , have today's date on them too. (only file i ever remember having today's date on it , was the mft.myp file ?? Very few users, very new, and not enough information about the file to recommend it;) Did something change on Broadsword's End?;) please look into this;) ty;)

<3
    <3Baby;)
    Baby-Friar
    Babe-Reaver
    Babys-Warden
    Babydoll-Shaman
  • And whoever ,mentioned about Mojo I have forgotten lol....I went and updated, I can only log on through Mojo as well. Which is a huge relieve :) Thanks Lea on the dots info I was getting worried about that also lol eeewww.
  • Was going to message but the file paths you indicated are not correct for my computer (I am using windows 7 not 8 or 10) My login.dll was last modified 10:45 today, I was at work at the time, no one else has had access to my computer. I have run the game on this machine for 4 years. I have not been able to log in for two days.
  • Eithne wrote: »
    Hello , same here. Also another question not sure it has anything to do with, but anyone else has different type of dots of PW as you type in like big bold dots? just have never seen that before. And a little blue entry.

Yes dots instead of the normal stars, I noticed that right off.
  • Windows 10 was patched by Microsoft on Tuesday which seems to be when these problems started. I dunno if it has anything to do with this but thought I'd throw it out there
  • Areir wrote: »
    Windows 10 was patched by Microsoft on Tuesday which seems to be when these problems started. I dunno if it has anything to do with this but thought I'd throw it out there

I'm running 7, but maybe.
  • Badnagen wrote: »
    Areir wrote: »
    Windows 10 was patched by Microsoft on Tuesday which seems to be when these problems started. I dunno if it has anything to do with this but thought I'd throw it out there

I'm running 7, but maybe.

Microsoft still produces security updates for 7 until 2020, dunno either but maybe
  • I gave up and installed mojo. It lets me log in. Robbie is awsome.
  • Badnagen wrote: »
    I gave up and installed mojo. It lets me log in. Robbie is awsome.

Kinda sad when you have to use a third party program to log in to a game you pay for but hey, it works
  • Yes I totally agreed Areir, I am not sure whats going on. But Broadsword please fix that? is just getting ridiculous. And mojo doesn't work always the way suppose too. IMO they have anything to with that anyways. So Broadsword get to work or you guys gonna lose more and more accounts, meh this is just frustrating.
  • Have to agree to Areir and Eithne not working here atm on 2 computers ;/
  • We understand that this is frustrating, and please be assured that we are working on a fix. We are truly sorry for the inconveniences this causes!
    Broadsword Online Games

• A new version was released. Please all who are having troubles - even those that use 3rd party tools now to enter the game - give it a try now, and let me know the results!

Please proceed as follows:
    Check your game directory if there are any files called login_trace.log, login_exc.log or login.log files, and if so, delete them. Then try logging in via the patcher.
    Should you still crash, please try screenshotting the error message (if there is any), and then send me this screenshot as well as the files login.log and login_exc.log (the new ones).

Thank you for helping us tracking down this issue!
    Broadsword Online Games

• Well, antivirus just blocked the login.dll from running because it is infected with win32:evo-gen [susp]
  • OMG you guys are great thank you so much Lea and Team :) i knew you guys would get that done as always :)
    Thanks again, love you guys :)
  • Working again, thank you very much, Lea and the whole BS Team ;)
  • edited June 2018 PM
    Awesome, happy to hear that it is working for you guys again, Eithne and Scylla! Will forward your thanks to our tech team :) Thank you and everyone for your patience with us and assistance in tackling the issue!

Badnagen, have you tried the procedure I outlined in my last posting, and then your antivirus blocked things? If so, could you please send me your login.log and login_exc.log files?
    Broadsword Online Games

• I still have some members in my guild with this problem :(

/Tullechamp/Tullehrs GirlPower Hib
    /Tullescout GirlPower albion
    /Tullebone GirlPower midgaard
    /Tullesometing on all 3 realms
  • edited June 2018 PM
    Sorry to hear that, Tulle! We would love to get them sorted as well. Please direct them to this thread, so they can follow the procedure outlined in this posting and we can resolve the issue for them!
    Broadsword Online Games

• Awesome, happy to hear that it is working for you guys again, Eithne and Scylla! Will forward your thanks to our tech team :) Thank you and everyone for your patience with us and assistance in tackling the issue!

Badnagen, have you tried the procedure I outlined in my last posting, and then your antivirus blocked things? If so, could you please send me your login.log and login_exc.log files?

I'm sure your file is fine, my antivirus quarantined it out of paranoia. I will just keep using mojo, it works. If it stops I will reload game.
  • Alright! I've asked about the antivirus, and it seems that if a file changes a lot during a shorter period, some antivirus programmes flag it - so maybe that has something to do with it.
    Broadsword Online Games

• Badnagen, do you have Mcfee hon? if so try to run a full scan, if that doesn't work try uninstall the game the whole thing, reboot your puter and see what happens. Good luck. Mine is working now. Broadsword might take while but they get things fixed, i know its frustrated cause you wanna work well all the time, but sometimes is not how things work. So we wait and see , good luck to you and hope you get it fixed :)
  • the new login.dll is ignoring the "paths.dat" from you game folder (same folder as your login.dll is in).

by using this file you can alter the default "LotM" or "Test" directory to anything you want. useful if you have different folders with different settings.

the game.dll itself still reading the file and working as intended.

here is an example for the "paths.dat"
    [paths]
    settings=Live

this will change "C:\Users\User name\AppData\Roaming\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot\LotM" to "C:\Users\User name\AppData\Roaming\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot\Live" for both test and live login
    Vroni / Vanesyra / Rommie
    excidio.net - Charplaner / Spellcrafter / Herald - PM me on errors / wishes on this
  • I played the test server yesterday and after playing It I recieved this message. No copies of DAoC were running however when i checked my processes login.dll was still running I end task on it and everything started working fine.
  • Thanks Teehehe, I'll pass it on!
    Broadsword Online Games

• And thank you Vanesyra as well, passed that on, too!
    Broadsword Online Games