So, hows it going?

I haven't been on DAOC for awhile now and I'm curious how the F2P is working for the population?

Comments

• Currently (8:30 pm pst), there are currently 38 mids in nf. And we don't have the under population bonus
  • Well if you play, then we are 1 more. So I'd suggest you start playing.
  • F2P is bad. Better to wait for the patch in March if you don't want to pay a subscription.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    F2P is bad. Better to wait for the patch in March if you don't want to pay a subscription.

What's coming in March?
  • Patch 1.127 that will integrate some housing updates along with a revamp of the EC account restrictions.

Hopefully, they will adjust XP rates and dramatically reduce restrictions.
  • edited February 2020 PM
    Well, first I will show you all the changes since November 22nd:
    World

Realm vs Realm Missions

Visit Generals Kogis, Bruki, or Vegda in the frontier to receive personal, group, or guild missions!
    Use the /task command or look under Tasks in your /journal to see your current personal, group, or guild mission.
    Personal missions
    [Realm guards] - Kill 25 guards of a random enemy realm
    [Enemies of the realm] - Kill 15 players of a random enemy realm
    Players can choose a new mission over and over until they get the realm they want, however doing so will wipe any progress made on a current personal mission.
    Rewards realm points, experience, and gold and the rewards are automatically granted at the time of completion.
    Group missions
    [Enemy guards] - Kill 25 guards of a random enemy realm
    [Realm enemies] - Kill 15 players of a random enemy realm
    Group leaders can choose a new mission over and over until they get the realm they want, however doing so will wipe any progress made on a current group mission.
    Rewards realm points, experience, and gold and the rewards are automatically granted at the time of completion.
    Guild missions
    Choose which enemy realm to target as a guild.
    These cannot be changed once chosen.
    Once a guild mission is granted, the guild will be required to complete all of the following (in any order) to receive the reward:
    Complete 20 kill enemy missions.
    Complete five guard kill missions.
    Take 5 towers belonging to a particular realm.
    Take 2 keeps belonging to a particular realm.
    Rewards 4,000 guild realm points, 100 guild bounty points, and a 24 hour buff to all guild members for 2% bonus to magic damage/heals and melee damage.
    All guild members receive the 2% bonus regardless of if they were in the guild or online at the time the mission was completed.
    Items

Loyalty cloaks now level 50% faster.
    Enchanter's Loyalty Cloak /use1 has been changed as follows:
    No longer provides a radius-increase to spells cast for 60s.
    Now provides a reset quickcast ability.
    Enchanter's Freezing Vest proc Enchantment of Crystal now correctly applies to the pet.
    Champion's Dragon Curse set bonus has been changed as follows:
    No longer provides a radius bonus to the level 33-39 debuffs.
    Now increases the effectiveness of Level the Odds and Even the Odds magic resistance buffs by 50% in addition to the existing bonus of increasing their range from 1000 to 1500.
    Champion's Dragon Curse set is now properly identified in the Bountycraft window as Varshe's Dark Armor, Varshe's Dark Greaves, and Varshe's Dark Armguards and have the proper armor icons.

Quests

New User Journey quest rewards no longer ask for players to select a choice of 1 armor reward and instead just grant the single armor piece directly.
    New User Journey quest rewards will now properly show up for "different realm" characters that complete the quests on the Gaheris server.
    Gaheris players will no longer be offered the Daily RvR quests in the relic towns.
    The quest Unraveling: Kingly Crisis will now always spawn the demon lord when players on the quest enter the Throne Room.
    The level 30 and level 40 Skyros Order, Naxos Society, and Melos Alliance faction quests in Mesothalassa have been re-enabled.
    The Priceless Antiques quest will now properly step when speaking with Nydimeth on step #9.
    Players currently stuck on step #10 without a Tarnished Key can now re-interact with Nydimeth and she will advance the quest.

Ruined Areas

All acquired teleport buffs will once again immediately be stripped from any grouped-players in the ruined areas.

Trophies

Cleansed diamond seals (used to craft the etched aquamarine eye) are now available for sale directly from Taxidermy Supplies NPCs in housing.
    Players with Fiery Diamond Seals may still turn them into the various trophy NPCs to receive the same cleansed diamond seal.

Siege Weapons

Boiling Oil and Fortified War Rams now take 60% less damage from Palintones.
    Field War Rams now take 30% less damage from Palintones.
    Palintone Ammunition's radius has been reduced as follows:
    Default, Heavy Bolt, and Honed Heavy Bolt radius reduced from 200 to 25.
    Toxic Bolt and Lethal Bolt radius reduced from 350 to 125.
    Boiling Oil's splash radius has been increased from 400 to 500 units.
    This change means that either side of the outer gatehouse "nooks" will be hit by oil now.

Class Changes

Heal Power Cost Increases

Specialization-based casted group heals now cost 50% more power to cast.
    This change affects Bards, Clerics, Druids, Friars, Healers, Paladins, Shaman, and Wardens.
    This does not affect baseline casted group heals or group-based HoTs or regens.
    It also does not affect Warlock group heals as they are secondary-cast and have their power cost controlled by the primer selected.
    Spread heals now cost 100% more power to cast.
    This change affects Clerics, Druids, Healers, and Warlocks.
    Warlock's spread heal power cost is no longer percentage based (which was based on base power pool and costing less power than intended) and is now a hard-power cost. This puts their power cost on even footing with other support classes using spread heal.
    These changes are aimed to reintroduce power pool management on support classes and to reduce the effectiveness of non-LOS heals in certain situations, such as keep sieges.

Armsman

Armsman now receive the Snapshot ability at level 25 for free and no longer receive it in Crossbow specialization.

Bainshee

The level 50 PBAoE DD Resounding Aura has had its damage increased from 343 to 375 and had its snare component removed. It now only targets and hits enemy realm players, pets, and realm guards.

Bonedancer

The Bone revenant line of spells have had their delves updated to state that the revenants will only spawn against enemy player targets and have had their max number spawned increased by 2 at all levels.
    Please note that the max number limit includes any spawned Commander and sub-pets along with the revenants.

Champion

The red, level 40+ str/con, dex/qui, haste, and acuity debuffs no longer have a radius.
    Champion's Dragon Curse set bonus has been changed as follows:
    No longer provides a radius bonus to the level 33-39 debuffs.
    Now increases the effectiveness of Level the Odds and Even the Odds magic resistance buffs by 50% in addition to the existing bonus of increasing their range from 1000 to 1500.

Enchanter

The enchantments in Enchanting specialization are now available at higher specialization levels as follows:
    Enchantment of Ice moved from level 6 to level 16.
    Enchantment of Stone moved from level 16 to level 26.
    Enchantment of Fire moved from level 26 to 36.
    Enchantment of Mana moved from level 36 to 40.
    The level 46 and 50 enchantments remain unchanged.
    Enchanter's Loyalty Cloak /use1 has been changed as follows:
    No longer provides a radius-increase.
    Now provides a reset quickcast ability.
    Enchanter's Freezing Vest proc Enchantment of Crystal now correctly applies to the pet.

Heretic

The level 48 Torrential Blaze uninterruptible DD/ramp has had its cast time changed from 2.0s to 2.5s.

Mauler

The level 50 style **** Strike in Fist Wraps has been changed from an anytime follow-up to now follow-up the level 18 rear positional, Wind Taker.

Mercenary

Mercenary's Dissolute Swings Realm Rank 5 should now correctly clear all haste debuffs on initial firing as its delve states.
    Please note that it is intended to allow subsequent haste debuffs to land however.

Necromancer

A new level 50 spell has been added:
    Channeled Rage – PBAoE DD – 345 Spirit Damage – 2.5s cast – 300 radius – Only targets and hits enemy realm players, pets, and realm guards.

Warlock

The level 50 PBAoE DD Spellbinder's Torrent has had its damage increased from 325 to 365 and had its snare component removed. It now only targets and hits enemy realm players, pets, and realm guards.

Valewalker

The Vale Defense Realm Rank 5 has had its damage absorption values lowered from 2000 to 1500 for the Valewalker and 1000 to 750 for their group.

Now, I will list the bug fixes:
    General Bug Fixes

Various error and destination messaging on battleground, hub, and dungeon teleporters has been cleaned up.
    Hamish Duncana should no longer become permanently un-interactable.

Bug Fixes

Buffs received from NPCs should now last through logout and zoning. Please note that these buffs have a duration of 8 hours.
    100 Bounty Point scrolls received when turning in reforming energies can now be /used properly.
    The quest Lysagh's Problem will now properly complete the quest when interacting with Gemma on the last step.

Sources: https://darkageofcamelot.com/article/valentines-event-rvr-bonuses-and-live-hot-fix
    https://darkageofcamelot.com/article/live-hot-fix-notes-and-harvest-event

That's 61~ game changes and 5 bug fixes.
    Post edited by Dale_Perf on
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • Dale_Perf wrote: »
    Well, first I will show you all the changes since November 22nd:

Mauler

The level 50 style **** Strike in Fist Wraps has been changed from an anytime follow-up to now follow-up the level 18 rear positional, Wind Taker.

I couldn't help but note the maulers combat style name was censored lol
  • So much paranoia around here that they censor their own stuff.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • edited February 2020 PM
    I played for a month but left soon after, population low and game isn't what it used to be.

EC is to restrictive, possibly they will relax them a little but not sure if the damage is done already. I haven't really seen infusiasm for players to come back. I'm interested in possibly new alternative server but depending on that ruleset on the server. I can't imagine that server will be out until early as Christmas or start of next year.

I would give it a go as you may enjoy the modernised game.

Post edited by Solicfear1 on
  • The population are better now , but Ec restriction are too mutch .
  • Game is flourishing.
  • i'm actually happy with that. I check in from month to month and the last time I checked it was going terrible, why the sudden boom?
  • To add to that, drinking a lot atm during this lockdown - forgive any incoherent rants - write that off to alcohol. So, what's changed?
  • New Doppel invasion event in the Frontiers.
    Also they put in a repeatable pickup X item for 5K BPS reward; located on each coast.
  • Hows group V group and solo RvR?
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    Haven’t played in over a month

I just killed you on your mins and 2 scouts over by mid PoC like 2 days ago...
  • Well he did post that feb 29th. Before corona closures.
  • Yea I’ve played recently on minstrel but he’s in full-time retirement. I really really don’t like minstrel anymore.