Keep Take Bonus

Hey everyone,

I have been playing a bit the last days and the situation on EV didn’t really change much. I’m usually playing around 10 am to 1 pm European time. The situation on EV is usually one realm runs an 8 man and the other realms have solos or small mans. One can argue that it is an open world RvR but to farm solos for hours with an 8 man sounds really boring to me. Maybe it could be a nice idea to somewhat incentivize these 8 mans to go off EV, leave it to small man and solos so they can fight. If a 4 man hits a 2 man you can still have a fight if you have someone adding but if an 8 man runs into a 2 man then that won’t work.

So why don’t just give a nice juicy amount of RPs for a keep take with a small group? Something like 40k and if someone defends increase the bonus to 80-90k? For smaller number increase it even more. Get a keep with 4 man then get 150k that would move some action off EV since solos or smalls aren’t interested in raiding any ways. Win win for everyone

This would give the 8 mans something to do during those hours where no other 8 man I online and even create some competitive fights around keeps. Unless the pure intention is to farm small mans and solos.

Just a suggestion and i haven’t put too much thought into it but at first glance it made sense as I’m usually either soloing or small manning. This became increasingly annoying since there is always one group that adds and farms everything and as a result makes everyone log out frustrated which isn’t the experience anyone should want from a game.

Would love you get some feedback.

Comments

• That's what they did with the first Ghost keep event, a lot of people RP PLd their characters to R12
  • players with the skills
  • edited February 2020 PM
    If every realm could port to all their keeps (including their home realm coastal keeps), and those coastal keep tower doors were nerfed a bit more, this would provide a boost for small man action. The realm war map symbols would need to be removed though, IMO.

But don't make any drastic RP increase. There shouldn't be any RP's rewarded if there was no defenders. Or else people would PvE realm rank during dead hours.
    Post edited by Dale_Perf on
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • Dale_Perf wrote: »
    If every realm could port to all their keeps (including their home realm coastal keeps), and those coastal keep tower doors were nerfed a bit more, this would provide a boost for small man action. The realm war map symbols would need to be removed though, IMO.

But don't make any drastic RP increase. There shouldn't be any RP's rewarded if there was no defenders. Or else people would PvE realm rank during dead hours.

+1

Remove roaming icons (i.e. hammers/trees/cups) but keep the cross swords in. I'd even go so far as to suggest death spam be universal so it feels less dead. :p
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • At this point I can’t be bothered if anyone wants to farm their character to RR12 but it is much more frustrating not to be able to play. Rather have them farming keeps than farm solos and small mans that are heavily outnumbered.

I think an RP increase would make sense in order to motivate people to go off the island. If attack and defense RP are good enough then there will always be people attacking and defending. An 8 man that gets a keep that’s being defended by 3 or 4 people is still fair game.

Currently, the EV gameplay really sucks. In a small window there is some 8 vs 8 then it is only hero farming 8s or 8s farming solos and small man.