What is IRC doing, that you can't?

Comments

• what is a stealth zerg now lol
    2-3 on one
    8 on 3-4
    the only real stealth zerg i remember was navareens on igraine hib lol about 40-50 a couple times a year
    but then they nerfed fools bow :)
    used to laugh when the "leet" groups would come in to kill and get pingponged zephered...
  • edited February 2020 PM
    Imho all it needs is to revert back the pbae on all realms and make Champion debuffs single target only with 45 second RUT.
    Post edited by Cathul on
  • A stealth fg is a stealth zerg when there are 42 people total on a realm in nf, 20 afk at relic town...

It varies based on pop. And when a single clump of stealthers represent nearly 20% of an entire realms rvr pop, camping a safeport for solo's/duo's that will never fight anything more than 1/2 their numbers... ya thats a POS stealth zerg.
  • What is IRC doing, that you can't?

Guys getting a hard-on rolling casuals/pugs then whine when the dont want 8v8 them no more.

Alot of people play the game for nostalga and a bit of fun, most the player base are older and to be fair if the action get crappy they walk away, hence crap population atm

• Rohan wrote: »
    A stealth fg is a stealth zerg when there are 42 people total on a realm in nf, 20 afk at relic town...

It varies based on pop. And when a single clump of stealthers represent nearly 20% of an entire realms rvr pop, camping a safeport for solo's/duo's that will never fight anything more than 1/2 their numbers... ya thats a POS stealth zerg.

qft
    Hey uh... support LFG any realm. Some of your regular group people might recognize my name and tell you I am terrible, which may be true. All the same, I would like to play some dark age.

*edit - or caster dps
    Post edited by District on
  • lolz... lolz... lolz...Incredible ^
  • sounds like the only people complaining are those who dont go det9 on their heal friars
    aka torbmain94
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    Muylae wrote: »
    Dale_Perf wrote: »

I ask one question, Broadswords aims to increase subscribers I would say with DAOC how many IRC players possibly 20ish maybe 30 i am not sure.whats the player base currently 1000/1500??

I guess what I am saying is its a about business and maths.

Playerbase is 150-500. "IRC" is 4-5 guys now grouping some standouts.

playerbase 150-500 ?

playerbase = total amount of players playing the game, not amount of players online at one moment.

Considering how many bot accounts float about, 600 characters does not equal 600 active players. We have no idea how many accounts are active (EA rules) but I suspect it's smaller than last year which isn't a good sign considering the development time put into EC. Back in December, /anon was totaling all players (not listing names) with /who NF and /who ALL. I haven't tested it recently since my subscriptions ended in December, but the numbers were far from impressive (700-800 total).

BS needs to realize that players have expectations when paying a premium subscription. They're not delivering. Couple that with an aging game and a declining interest in MMOs, we have a dwindling population. The few that shine on Ywain are squeezing out that last bit of limelight before having to move onto something else with a more competitive playerbase.

a snap shot from any moment during the day is not representative of the total amount of players subbed. if /who says 150 hibs / 150 albs/ 150 mids, that doesn't mean the total amount of subs is 450. not everyone plays every day, not everyone plays 24 / 7, not everyone plays 24 hours a day. the actual number of players who have a sub is probably 10 times higher than the amount of players online at any moment, maybe even higher.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    Tyrantanic wrote: »
    Muylae wrote: »
    Dale_Perf wrote: »

I ask one question, Broadswords aims to increase subscribers I would say with DAOC how many IRC players possibly 20ish maybe 30 i am not sure.whats the player base currently 1000/1500??

I guess what I am saying is its a about business and maths.

Playerbase is 150-500. "IRC" is 4-5 guys now grouping some standouts.

playerbase 150-500 ?

playerbase = total amount of players playing the game, not amount of players online at one moment.

Considering how many bot accounts float about, 600 characters does not equal 600 active players. We have no idea how many accounts are active (EA rules) but I suspect it's smaller than last year which isn't a good sign considering the development time put into EC. Back in December, /anon was totaling all players (not listing names) with /who NF and /who ALL. I haven't tested it recently since my subscriptions ended in December, but the numbers were far from impressive (700-800 total).

BS needs to realize that players have expectations when paying a premium subscription. They're not delivering. Couple that with an aging game and a declining interest in MMOs, we have a dwindling population. The few that shine on Ywain are squeezing out that last bit of limelight before having to move onto something else with a more competitive playerbase.

a snap shot from any moment during the day is not representative of the total amount of players subbed. if /who says 150 hibs / 150 albs/ 150 mids, that doesn't mean the total amount of subs is 450. not everyone plays every day, not everyone plays 24 / 7, not everyone plays 24 hours a day. the actual number of players who have a sub is probably 10 times higher than the amount of players online at any moment, maybe even higher.

I agree. Hence my point that we have no idea how many accounts are active. However, trends in the concurrent population during peak / trough hours does correlate with the total number of subscribers. In other words, we can say if the population is growing, diminishing, or stagnant without knowing the absolute numbers.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • District wrote: »
    Hey uh... support LFG any realm. Some of your regular group people might recognize my name and tell you I am terrible, which may be true. All the same, I would like to play some dark age.

*edit - or caster dps

Hey District, Welcome back.
    A good oppertunity for any cru to that wanna break out of the mindless zerg stick to pick up a good player.
  • Love the quote, @Auf_Nymf

I remember D.O.G. back in my Fianna days =)
    Listen to the people - they will guide you..
  • who Cares about irc they are average players who play together in a Zerg every day just zergers don’t see why they are so defensive in this thread.
    You are Zergers irc just zergers why try to convince people with this propaganda thread to say your anything else you took the poison now your zergers you allways will be now
    Zergers who play in a tight group but just Zergers lol the irony.
    Head zerger is potatoe followed by parrot ha ha very funny thread lot of asslicking and propaganda they must be extremely butt hurt by the zerger tag
    I bet the Kleenex in there moms basement is piling up “but mom we want to be taking seriously “sorry boys you ain’t 8 mans your Zergers
    And you know the best of it they admit it ha ha
    This is funny ****
  • You are what you eat.
  • From what I've seen, they zerg when they want to kill a zerg (which apparently the zergers don't like). Other than that they roam as 1 group and look for other groups like a typical roaming group
  • From what I've seen, they zerg when they want to kill a zerg (which apparently the zergers don't like). Other than that they roam as 1 group and look for other groups like a typical roaming group

I have to agree with @Triq02_Dave on this one...

you are kidding
    47el wrote: »
    From what I've seen, they zerg when they want to kill a zerg (which apparently the zergers don't like). Other than that they roam as 1 group and look for other groups like a typical roaming group

you are kidding

=)

Yes and no... I've seen more times than not IRC running strictly with their own 8-Man. To say that they looks solely for other 'groups' is an understatement.
    Post edited by Nahellbodkin on
  • 47el wrote: »
    From what I've seen, they zerg when they want to kill a zerg (which apparently the zergers don't like). Other than that they roam as 1 group and look for other groups like a typical roaming group

you are kidding

=)

Yes and no... I've seen more times than not IRC running strictly with their own 8-Man. To say that they looks solely for other 'groups' is an understatement.

get on a stealther and roam the island and really watch them :)
    Auf_Nymf wrote: »
    District wrote: »

*edit - or caster dps

Hey District, Welcome back.
    A good oppertunity for any cru to that wanna break out of the mindless zerg stick to pick up a good player.

Ty Nymfii, cheers.
    *edit* still LFG
    Post edited by District on
  • good to see nothing has changed when it comes to the non-IRC perception of the IRC "crowd"
  • lol 8v8 is dead on ywain. ofc we zerg. there is nothing else.
  • Nice to admit you Zerg can you please stay off the island it’s only for 8 mans and pugs not zergers thanks we don’t mind you zergers zerging with the other zergers but please stay away from genuine 8 mans and pugs .
    I know you guys regard zerging as a legitimate play style but the rest of the pure daoc players in the game ain’t too keen on you zergers so it’s fine if you want to Zerg guys’ but please stay away from the genuine 8 man scene
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • Is the constant trolling of IRC from Brut projecting?

Was Brut booted from their inner circle?
  • No that's just how Brut talks.
  • what brut says is true....................
    the irc/skilled/hardware-software savy peeps all seem to play by their own sets and subsets of rules 8man--smallman
    solo
    we won you lost get gud----respect lol
    hardware software is extremely vague. I want to know what hardware software people are implying is being used.

Or is this a rehashed 'jump key bound to spells!!!!!!!!' accusation?
    Post edited by Rohan on
  • You know when in 2020 people get accused of using an unfair advantage because they bought a gaming keyboard and mouse for 50 bucks
  • You all should never call people cheaters unless you know for a fact that they do. IRC is extremely good from what I see. They frustrate me a lot, while I am trying to build an Alb group (defected from the overpopulated Hib). We run around 4 or 5 of us and get absolutely destroyed by IRC constantly. That is consequences of our decision to go out to EV and all is good but it is very frustrating and a lot of people just go PVE after it happens a couple times. Fielding a good group is hindered by the shear amount of Hibs that we always seem to run into, IRC getting to our locations so fast (by using in game tools I am not saying by cheating).

I see a busted Moral in Alb. It's pathetic to hear all the people wanting to delete, saying they are going to quit, leaving for Molvik, and having an overall depressing time playing a game. I get rolled, I hate it but I dust off and go somewhere else. The main thing about our groups, we laugh our asses off, tell jokes, take on larger numbers in most cases, and have a really fun time except when we cuss IRC for making it look too easy. :)

The general attitude of a lot of Albs is unwarranted, and makes you look like a complete moron when you go on your cussing rants and complain about groups not doing what they are supposed to when (HELLO MCFLY) It was your group that messed the fight up. Not calling anyone out but jeesh, if you have to be so miserable when playing a game that is intending for fun and entertainment then maybe you shouldn't play it.

Roll on IRC, what you do looks fun!
    Variants of Pwntime
    Variants of Hren

Do not accept mediocrity, do not change yourself because the culture changes around you. Be the guiding light that stands up against the immoral and make the culture want to reform around you, be like you. Be a positive example, it's how beneficial changes come about.
  • Pwntime wrote: »
    You all should never call people cheaters unless you know for a fact that they do. IRC is extremely good from what I see. They frustrate me a lot, while I am trying to build an Alb group (defected from the overpopulated Hib). We run around 4 or 5 of us and get absolutely destroyed by IRC constantly. That is consequences of our decision to go out to EV and all is good but it is very frustrating and a lot of people just go PVE after it happens a couple times. Fielding a good group is hindered by the shear amount of Hibs that we always seem to run into, IRC getting to our locations so fast (by using in game tools I am not saying by cheating).

I see a busted Moral in Alb. It's pathetic to hear all the people wanting to delete, saying they are going to quit, leaving for Molvik, and having an overall depressing time playing a game. I get rolled, I hate it but I dust off and go somewhere else. The main thing about our groups, we laugh our asses off, tell jokes, take on larger numbers in most cases, and have a really fun time except when we cuss IRC for making it look too easy. :)

The general attitude of a lot of Albs is unwarranted, and makes you look like a complete moron when you go on your cussing rants and complain about groups not doing what they are supposed to when (HELLO MCFLY) It was your group that messed the fight up. Not calling anyone out but jeesh, if you have to be so miserable when playing a game that is intending for fun and entertainment then maybe you shouldn't play it.

Roll on IRC, what you do looks fun!

This. +1
    How to deal with IRC 101:

1. Realize there are people better than you at a video game, like in EVERY aspect of life.
    2. IRC killing you is YOUR fault, you chose to go out and make it possible.
    3. Some people will never be great at this game. Like myself, I am good and that's fine with me. As long as I am having fun, my good is a LOT better than others bad attitudes even if they are great players.
    4. [nope]
    5. People WILL have better ideas on ways to do things, listen, adapt, work with others.
    6. And the biggest thing for Albs mostly. Stop being complete a##es and work together. Jump in Herorius's TS sometime and listen to how awesome it is. No one cussing, no one being an a##, everyone having fun, laughing, just take a lesson in the Deutsh. Left is links, right is richtig, and no is neun. Now you have the basics, you will make it.

Most importantly, if you quit being a##es and work together, more people will follow you and you will achieve a lot more in the long run.
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
    Variants of Pwntime
    Variants of Hren

Do not accept mediocrity, do not change yourself because the culture changes around you. Be the guiding light that stands up against the immoral and make the culture want to reform around you, be like you. Be a positive example, it's how beneficial changes come about.
  • @Pwntime
    your german is really bad

• chase a single solo across 3 zones

that's definitely something IRC can do that I can't :(
  • people still use irc?
  • Wigglebmb wrote: »
    people still use irc?

No. People just like to refer to the "better" players as IRC. I propose to call them what they are: the IRS crew.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • waterless cru
  • Zerg thread about zegers enough said move on.
  • Nothing to see here, please use the other threads, thank you.
  • Why does anyone care how people play? As long as you are not cheating i have no issues how a person wishes to play their toons and that mixture of play styles is what makes DAOC great. My only gripe is i wish there was more realm pride because people hop realms frequently during the day but i guess thats due to low populations. Either way the game is about 3 realms fighting. No rules in war
  • Kroko wrote: »
    Nothing to see here, please use the other threads, thank you.

• Enkertons wrote: »
    waterless cru

• edited March 2020 PM
    I agree with a previous poster.. its not healthy to call someone out for cheating w/o proof. Some action that is viewed involving specific groups and/or players is extremely questionable though. Since Carol streams often, it would be nice to get some examples streams of "how these players run through speed traps, have seemingly endless SOS, cast through melee (not moc'd) etc". I'm saying this without calling any names or groups. I'm not the only one who see's this. its all over the boards.. .but there seems to be a disconnect and somehow, we never see these groups or players streamed. Not a whistleblower, but i am a conspiracy theorist... maybe the rest of us arent paying enough :wink:
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • edited March 2020 PM
    I don't recall killing people zoning ever being that way. Im not Spira so i can't say that i did that a whole lot, but im inclined to think your just making crap up at this point.
    Post edited by Vewdoo on
  • Irc are totally legit zergers thread needs closing nothing to see move on
  • Unlike irc I don’t run a Zerg I don’t run with a Zerg and only run pugs and small mans sometimes people will tag along behind me because of my lovable personality and it gives the appearance of a Zerg but hey nothing I can do about that
    I haven’t got a problem with irc zerging it’s there play style and it’s how they get rps but can they please stay off the island and let the genuine 8 mans and pugs play with out getting zerged down by them either when they are running with the hero Zerg or when potatoe or parrot are running a Zerg oops I got that wrong I mean patar and parox thanks would be much appreciated.
  • Lol, the irony
  • KoeKoe
    edited March 2020 PM
    The whole Island should go nighttime when IRC enters the region. Buncha brut groups running through with torches lit, huddled together. Stealthers scattering at the first sign of incoming. Lesser groups turning and heading back towards the relative safety of Bled watchtower or bee-lining for duelers at the solo spots.
    Post edited by Koe on
  • The nerf on chanter cloak and the nerf on champion make them vulnerable , now they are killable . Close these threads nothing else to said . We kill them often now .