Idea: Give curse and/or frozen gear for taking relics? “Frozen Relic Event?”

SymSym
edited April 2018 in General Board
What do you all think? More incentive to RvR...
Post edited by Sym on
Symonde (Cleric)
Symfriar (Friar duh)
Symsorc (Double duh)
Sympets (Theurg)
Symmond (Arms)
Some random mids and hibs
Tagged:

Comments

• At first glance this does seem like an interesting implementation if considered. It would most certainly increase the BG's desire to run for relics. Unfortunately I can also see it being exploited and BG's just swapping relic takes amongst one another to farm curse/frozen gear...

Would be nice to see some form of end-game pve gear earning through rvr though. Good thought @Sym
  • maybe not frozen since its seasonal but curse and other current farmable stuff would be great :P specially ch10 gloves
  • I think we need some RvR way for people to be able to level up. Maybe cap it at gear for the people’s class and and make it bound to the character upon receipt.
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • Yeah, we agree in some fashion, though not exactly how or what but this is what we had outlined in one of our recent Grab Bags:
    Patch 1.125, which is focused on general Realm vs Realm improvements, will also improve on this by streamlining the myriad RvR-related quests and objectives into one holistic system. This system will, in addition to RvR-related rewards, allow players who perhaps don’t have time to join PvE raids an avenue to earn end-game loot through RvR-related tasks. While a PvE raid may only take several hours to complete, those hours are required as one solid block of time, and many players may not have the time to participate. Earning those same rewards via the new RvR system may still take more total time than joining a given PvE raid but will allow players to do so in bite-size chunks of time, over the course of several play sessions.

This is just a snippet, so make sure to read the whole thing here: http://darkageofcamelot.com/article/friday-grab-bag-03022018

DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Ah yes I remember this. I think it’s something that will really help returning players stick around and those with limited time these days (many of us first played when we were teenagers) be able to compete with causal play times. Thanks Carol!
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)