Catching up

edited February 2020 in General Board
Thinking of fooling around on this server (because of Endless Conquest) after not playing for probably 5 years. How hard is it to update a caster temp from that long ago? Also, how much of a handicap is it in RvR to not have access to champion abilities? And finally, what's the buff situation? I have a buffbot account, but obviously I can't use that with Endless Conquest. I understand there are pots or something that everyone uses now? I'm not sure if I'd even have access to those.
Post edited by joshisanonymous on

Comments

• You can purchase supremacy potions on the MTX store (mythril store, mythril is a currency you purchase with real cash through the Origins website).

They updated the Kings Gear that will give you good stats to get started. However there aren't any uses on the jewelry/armor, so it's not high end. It's 100% good enough for zerging though.

Champion abilities are great in smaller settings, in larger setting it's not a requirement. You do get the HP bonus from CLs though, so you aren't missing 600 or so HP.
  • Shoke wrote: »
    You can purchase supremacy potions on the MTX store (mythril store, mythril is a currency you purchase with real cash through the Origins website).

They updated the Kings Gear that will give you good stats to get started. However there aren't any uses on the jewelry/armor, so it's not high end. It's 100% good enough for zerging though.

Champion abilities are great in smaller settings, in larger setting it's not a requirement. You do get the HP bonus from CLs though, so you aren't missing 600 or so HP.

I guess I should add that my playstyle is mostly solo.

And that's a shame about the pots, since it means I effectively can't solo without spending money.
  • Well this is a subbed game. You get the sub for free (EC) but if you want the same level as the sub there are some things to purchase.

I don't know the cost of that pot so I can't tell.

Or you ask someone to get a sup pot, use 1 charge and give it to you.
  • I don't think that EC accounts can use standard sup pots, can they?
  • There is a bug atm that allows EC accounts to use supremacy pots if they have been used once by another person.
  • edited February 2020 PM
    No, they cant....its stupid....but they may change it....in march^^

You can get yellow buffs at the merchant for golds. But after death no buffs.
    Post edited by Kroko on
    [edited]

It sounds like I'll either be zerging or playing my vamp, in any case. Hopefully there aren't any weird issues that make their built in buffs ineffective for solo play.
    Post edited by Driralin on
  • You might want to edit your post before you get the ban hammer ;)
  • Shoke wrote: »
    You might want to edit your post before you get the ban hammer ;)

Ah, thought about that for a minute afterward, but I assumed they're not trying to alienate anyone who knows about it. Then again, I guess they wouldn't care too much about banning someone who just literally said that there's pretty much a zero chance they'd ever be a paying customer, lol.
  • BS likes to pretend they have a monopoly on DAoC. Could be due to some EA rules too. Either way, we can't have meaningful discussion around here about what players like or would like to have without tip toeing around. Instead, we have posts about how horrible the game is.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
    Did you mention the you know what I mean? jesus
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • I want to know what was edited out... someone let me in on the forbidden secrets
  • ML9.10 boss. Can't drop its name here without getting modded these days.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/