What is IRC doing, that you can't?

Comments

• @Shoke @Dale_Perf
    Looks like aoe stun insta is 300 radius. Looks like a SB can BG. You don't need 2 sbs in group, just 2 sbs (or more). 5 sm's with quickast and moc if needed can probably do plenty of damage to a zerg with surprise, dunno. Seen it done, it worked. It was hilarious.
    Think outside the box is my point.

To the other point of the thread, I totally forgot about double binding. Cures/DDS, debuffs/heals, whatever automatically changes depending on if you have an enemy or friendly targeted.

Also can use tricks for melee styles. If you get the right combo you can be ready for any number of positional, their follow-ups, and an anytime backup with the same sequence press.
  • edited February 2020 PM
    My biggest problem with Irish sea is they were complete dicks. I had no problem setting up a fight or 2 a night with them. But despite the fact we had no chance the fact that we choose to roam was free license for them to jam all night was what imo killed the game. Ie treating other roaming groups like **** cuz they wouldn't just setup over and over with them over and over. Enjoy the hell you created.
    Post edited by Vewdoo on
    Lol. In @xuu eyes, if you don't setup and feed them 24/7 you are not worth respect. Even if you pay attention not to jam his fights, even you pull off when he gets added, even if you run past when they get zerged down.

These guys are RP whores, bottom line. And after that they wonder why their preferred playstyle doesn't exist anymore, when they made every possible action to make sure to kill any potential opposition

Edit: Saki is actually a nice guy.
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • But the real question is, does the anal phase ever really end?
  • Yep. They treated other groups like ****. That being said minibard zerged us into quitting also.
    Its so true they respect nothing and they cry people adds them . Even if we dont adds or no they will assjam your group and adds for sure . they are so full of themselves, they believe that everything is allowed
    Post edited by Hellblast on
  • But guuuuuuuys.... They're the best at the game! I can only imagine the mad props they get from excelling at a dying game in a dying genre! No doubt they're reaping the rewards for their massive time investment! Golly gee whiz, I wish I was that cool. ;)
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
    Lets make a strike...dont play anymore until they leave.
    Do you say strike in english? im not sure..
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • Freakin @Minibard always zerging people down
    [removed]
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
  • Cripp wrote: »
    Well i play all 3 realms, and Hibs have way more great abilities then Albs have, like for exemple in the spec line Nature Affinity for the Druid, spell called Heart of Nature (level 50), you wont find anything similar on Albion, or even close to that!
    Or better exemple, the Enchanter level 41, Mana Barrier in Enhancements spec line, that is insane!

The entire enchant chanter line is OP.

level 6. Entire group gets a 50% melee snare. You like can't mess that up. Don't even need to sprint, why bother. 30 sec dur.
    level 16 Add 300 af to the entire group 30 sec dur
    level 26 change all melee damage to heat and add 25% to group melee damage 30 sec dur
    level 36 40% proc that deals 250 energy damage, pbaoe to melee tanks. 30 sec dur
    level 41 100% magic damage absorb 1500 ablative 15 sec dur. no recast timer.
    level 44 199delve 2.6sec DD, body. (Higher dps than any dd alb or mid gets, in the UTILITY spec line).
    level 46 never miss and strike through bladeturn, group 15 sec dur no recast timer.
    level 49 50% bonus to heals realm ally, 30 sec, 30 sec recast. (lower delvs at lower levels).
    level 50 triples combat style damage for group 30 sec. all melee damage done returned to the group as healing. Another one cast and can't possibly lose someone over the next 30 seconds.
  • @Vewdoo you should talk to Fresh
  • Don't need to, i'm not here whining about realm timers and praying Broadsword can save the game I helped kill.
  • Koe wrote: »
    Cripp wrote: »
    Well i play all 3 realms, and Hibs have way more great abilities then Albs have, like for exemple in the spec line Nature Affinity for the Druid, spell called Heart of Nature (level 50), you wont find anything similar on Albion, or even close to that!
    Or better exemple, the Enchanter level 41, Mana Barrier in Enhancements spec line, that is insane!

The entire enchant chanter line is OP.

level 6. Entire group gets a 50% melee snare. You like can't mess that up. Don't even need to sprint, why bother. 30 sec dur.
    level 16 Add 300 af to the entire group 30 sec dur
    level 26 change all melee damage to heat and add 25% to group melee damage 30 sec dur
    level 36 40% proc that deals 250 energy damage, pbaoe to melee tanks. 30 sec dur
    level 41 100% magic damage absorb 1500 ablative 15 sec dur. no recast timer.
    level 44 199delve 2.6sec DD, body. (Higher dps than any dd alb or mid gets, in the UTILITY spec line).
    level 46 never miss and strike through bladeturn, group 15 sec dur no recast timer.
    level 49 50% bonus to heals realm ally, 30 sec, 30 sec recast. (lower delvs at lower levels).
    level 50 triples combat style damage for group 30 sec. all melee damage done returned to the group as healing. Another one cast and can't possibly lose someone over the next 30 seconds.

If thats really the spec line, wow. I see valk and warrior champ cloak /use 2 but no recast (compared to 15m for cloaks), shaman heal buff, reaver like abilities valk ow spells.

Good grief
  • Yeah you know me, I am the herorious of NA Prime apparently. Funny we run an 8 man every night and I still get accused of zerging. We prob get mowed down by multiple groups more than anyone nowadays
  • Lol @ the calls to nerf enchantment chanter
  • scerff wrote: »
    Lol @ the calls to nerf enchantment chanter

No nerf needed. Bring the /use2s inline with the spells in that line.
  • So Xuu is the new paniza?
  • scerff wrote: »
    Lol @ the calls to nerf enchantment chanter

It's Koe... Everything in Hib is OP from his posts.
    You know when you play an enchantment chanter, put up the heat enchantment, wait for your tanks to annihilate people, then they start bitching because they are hitting for 45 points of damage.

Then the opposing group, not being complete idiots, pop Baod and just start laughing

And @scerff 2 years later, I can attest that the anal phase isn't over
    Post edited by Shoke on
    @Koe just a couple points on the enchantment spec, because listing a bunch of spells can look amazing, it's a similar to antivaxxers that list a bunch of ingredients saying omg vaccines are killing you.

- you can only have 1 enchantment at a time, except for the pierce bt and triple dmg one.
    - the dmg type of the group is changed tonthat enchantment, so any class with any sort of higher resist kill your damage. If you don't have a debuffer, your tanks ser a huge drop in damage. You will realize that if you run high mana for debuffs, you don't access the hogher enchantments
    - the 1500 avlative has a 1 minute recast on the target. So while you can cast it multiple times in a row, you can't recast it on the same target for 1 minute. Plenty of time for a debuff train to blap your friend.
    - the 199 body has twice the power cost of any other Dd. It's also body dmg, which is close to useless. Omg a 199 undebuffed dd, can really annihilate those green pets...
    - the pierce BT spell is there cause hib is the only realm without a pierce BT loyal cloak (valk, arms).
    - the triple dmg buff is a stationary 10 sec cast. Yeah really easy to pull off without getting interrupted and still have your tanks in range

However, the cold enchantment is way too low in the spec. It should be swapped with either the matter or fire enchantments.
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • Dale_Perf wrote: »

I ask one question, Broadswords aims to increase subscribers I would say with DAOC how many IRC players possibly 20ish maybe 30 i am not sure.whats the player base currently 1000/1500??

I guess what I am saying is its a about business and maths.

Playerbase is 150-500. "IRC" is 4-5 guys now grouping some standouts.

playerbase 150-500 ?

playerbase = total amount of players playing the game, not amount of players online at one moment.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    Dale_Perf wrote: »

I ask one question, Broadswords aims to increase subscribers I would say with DAOC how many IRC players possibly 20ish maybe 30 i am not sure.whats the player base currently 1000/1500??

I guess what I am saying is its a about business and maths.

Playerbase is 150-500. "IRC" is 4-5 guys now grouping some standouts.

playerbase 150-500 ?

playerbase = total amount of players playing the game, not amount of players online at one moment.

Considering how many bot accounts float about, 600 characters does not equal 600 active players. We have no idea how many accounts are active (EA rules) but I suspect it's smaller than last year which isn't a good sign considering the development time put into EC. Back in December, /anon was totaling all players (not listing names) with /who NF and /who ALL. I haven't tested it recently since my subscriptions ended in December, but the numbers were far from impressive (700-800 total).

BS needs to realize that players have expectations when paying a premium subscription. They're not delivering. Couple that with an aging game and a declining interest in MMOs, we have a dwindling population. The few that shine on Ywain are squeezing out that last bit of limelight before having to move onto something else with a more competitive playerbase.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
  • xuu wrote: »
    INACA wrote: »
    Also can I say it's pretty sick how many groups run on inc when they come in, and this is another issue I find absolutely silly. Fight them, learn from them. Open field you will learn real quick your group's strength and weakness, adjust, adapt, overcome...... But naw....."It's IRC, I'm not fighting them.... RUN."

preach. @Minibard group just dodges me or 180s nowadays. stopped setting up so we just KOS them. shame, with their new group setup they have real potential but instead of helping them with tips on what they need to do to win i think i'll just keep farming them while they try to zerg me.

ez dubz

Almost solo'd Xuu's entire hib group twice this last Sunday, they did manage to bring me down though <3.
  • how you did that?
  • I knew Snapshot was OP.
  • Well he wAs solo but with zerg. Lol
  • Alone together.
  • Our guild omost never tries to run a visy grp anymore do to irc being like the only grp out so we just run a fg of steath and have a lot more fun and until they stop playing we prolly wont run vissies again other then to run over people at the so called solo spots so our guildies can do the rubble and to tick off the soloers. Irc is whats killing the game theres noone to fight other then them.
    @Names it's exactly because of this kind of attitude that the 8 man game is dying. you can dodge IRC, they go after zergs, so with the spam it's doable. Ideally BS would remove the ev tower ports too so they don't port to jam every fight that happens on the server.

Hopefully you run visies a bit more so we can fight you guys, would be fun.
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • Dude literally only groups to kill solos. If his group dodges that hard they run stealthers, chances are they're pretty terrible and aren't competitive
  • Shoke wrote: »
    - the 199 body has twice the power cost of any other Dd. It's also body dmg, which is close to useless.
    44 vs 33 is not twice. Also how many times have you and others you associate with claimed on these boards that power is not an issue in 2020/2019 daoc. Also, plenty of animists running around with IRC and others making 400k-800k last week.
  • Kroko wrote: »
    how you did that?

Depends on how you operationally define "almost solo'd" ;)

He's a legend and died a legend's death. Of course, aren't most legends built on half truths?
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus

• I don't know much, but I know this: if Enchantment Enchanters were so OP, you would see... Enchantment Enchanters running.

Part of the problem with Enchantment is you get half the utility of the line by only going to 16 spec.

o w0w a heat enchantment with a DPS boost. Too bad that by switching your tanks to heat damage (which most armor types are resistant to and most groups have 50%+ resists) while they're swinging physicals, you've actually cost them damage~

paper DAoC is hard.
  • AlaskaMike wrote: »

There's probably a reason their heals are so good. Maybe you guys should check out some other spells chanters have... (that are castable when running, and you can have up on multiple targets at the same time)

If your group has 2 healers, chanter can make them equal to 3 healers. If you have 3 healers, now you have equalvalent of 4.2. Free class spot. If they keep heal buffs up (they're way in the back so they are free to do so), if they just exist they help the group. Add to that they have a pet who can interrupt (and interrupt themselves), assist tanks on healers, peel, use RA/ML's, item /uses, literally anything.

They're mana hogs so you have to sit in the back and can't just spam DDS which is why everyone fails playing them, but existing and buffing your healers is enough.

If you're casting that heal enchantment mid-fight on people instead of doing DPS or something... you have a problem.
  • KatKat
    edited February 2020 PM
    Names wrote: »
    Our guild omost never tries to run a visy grp anymore do to irc being like the only grp out so we just run a fg of steath and have a lot more fun and until they stop playing we prolly wont run vissies again other then to run over people at the so called solo spots so our guildies can do the rubble and to tick off the soloers. Irc is whats killing the game theres noone to fight other then them.

So..irc is bad because they kill you and you have to play stealthers....then,you grief solo players. Do you even realize what you are saying? You say IRC is killing the game....then do what you can to kill the solo play style. Since I don't try to play solo visi...this doesnt really affect me...but damn..how are you any different then irc?
    Post edited by Kat on
    @Shoke Good rundown of why people don't actually go enchant spec often. But unless it's changed, the range on all the pros are 4k range. That's basically clip range lol. Perfect for keep takes. I honestly don't know why I wasn't ever able to find stealth groups on my chanter. Multiple group stealth, have a healpet, and the mana procs with huge range. Add a magic dmg buffer (archery is magic), speed 6 for relocating, stun, ml abilities and that insane 3x dmg w/healproc for 30 secs out of 10 min...
    Side question, chanter cloak use2: since archery is a dmg spell, can arrows be turned into aoe?? But yeah, never understood why people didn't want to even try it..

@Enkertons Good example of why everyone's bad at playing enchant spec. You keep your healers that have insane healing (because of that spell you hate for some reason), you aren't there for dps, don't have the mana for it. Your there to give buffs to your group.

If it's a caster group, your pet is peeling for your group (cold proc buff), and so are the druid pets.
    If it's a tank group then your running snare or mana proc depending what the MA wants, and if the tanks are smart they're running leggys for the debuff proc. Which makes even fire proc worth it, specially if you have a mana chanter with 50%debuff. Called debuff assisting and caster groups been doing it for a while successfully...
    Post edited by AlaskaMike on
    That's a lot of paper daoc @AlaskaMike

The heal buff spell doesn't actually turn a healer into two, because a simple rupt turns that healer into nothing, even if you have the ability to pump 2k heals.

To have a third healer... You need a third healer. If you leave a support free to cast and your groupmates call pre-heals, they already have the ability to heal through most damage.

I wonder who your group was and how they were so successful. Because I've been playing US prime for 4 years and I've never lost a single fight vs a hib tanker with enchant chanter. I've never seen people run enchantment chanters in 8v8. I know Release Inc did for a little bit, I know I tried it a bit, but you don't stick to it because frankly they are just really average. enchanters in groups are nowhere to be found. If what you did was so great, people would run it.

Yeah that 50% heat debuff looks cool. Sad if you spec for it you lose a lot of the hogher tiers enchantments and buffs. Aldo you need to be 1500 range to cast it, which basically puts you in rupt range.

Ok so now you run leggies. With the debuff, people's main resists go back to what, 20-25%? From the initial 52%? So you are back to hitting people with melee resists? But now you run **** weapons (leggies) when you coule be using 6.0/4.5 speed weapons?

Also, what do you do when you fight other tankers, where the other dps have 20-30% secondary magic resists? When you fight caster groups with 2 BAoDs (cabby, theurg)?

So now you have pets peeling for your group? You know what any decent group does at every single opening of a fight? They kill pets. Pets over players, number 1 rule of any relevant group.

So you rely on your green druid pet, that dies in 2 hits, to peel for your group? Or your enchanter pet that will be rooted out within the first 1.6 sec of the fight to never be seen again? Oh, you are just going to release it and cast it again? Man that's really good stuff that enchanter is bringing to the group.

I mean if your argument is that enchantment chanters can work against bad players, ok yeah, so does any random setup you can think of.
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • what does xuus group run on hib??
  • No enchantment chanters, that’s for sure
  • @47el Bard druid ward champ chanter chanter chanter eld is the usual comp, or 2x chanter and 2x eld
  • so basically a macro group
    @Shoke Paper daoc is fun. SALTY was our mid guild, then necro change came out and we were tired of fighting nonstop necro zergs and decided to switch it up and play both other realms. And when a small guild splits their attention to multiple realms, they don't usually last too long. Was fun as hell though!

We did run 3 healers, with the healing of over 4.... It was great. Ran both caster group setups and YOLO BM charge aoe mana buff setups where the fights were over quickly. Maze/towers and open field areas focused depending on which. I preferred my animist for open field caster groups vs chanter but I played it enough to know it's not complete ****. Our healers were able to peel for themselves with the ice proc on multiple occasions.

For the debuff paper daoc: if leggy debuff brings em back to 25% resists, and you add 25% dmg from fire proc... Your doing 25% more damage.....
    If you add a high dmg aoe proc with 40% chance to proc with a 1.5 sec swings peed, math works out to a delve dps of 45+ per weapon. Standard procs give about 7dps delve. Add on top of that, you can get targets debuffed for your weapon type AND proc back down to regular melee resist levels... (energy leggy with energy pbaoe proc)

Yes baod counters, but you have a 30sec spell that gives 3x style dmg (I think that's what it does) converted to healing to help you live till baod wears off. Yes heavy tanks counter, but a single heavy tank is useless for dps, so now you have a train. What happens when you have a bunch of enemies near an aoe proc? They all get hit for each proc... Then it comes down to which team can outheal the other. Oh wait, all your friendly healers are 33-50% more effective!

This all worked years ago, maybe the games changed or people have adapted. But I haven't heard of many other people even trying weird **** that ended up working besides my guild.
    And IRC seems to have something figured out...

One of my favorites was using SB's in visi groups. One of the best peeling classes I've ever played, it was hilarious. They have amazing peels (snare poison), great damage (before called shots got nerfed), apply disease for more slow/heal reduction, debuff the **** out of attackers, can teleport to healers being attacked and bodyguard them. Really fun way to play an assassin.
    Post edited by AlaskaMike on
  • @AlaskaMike ah OK Fizz's guild. I know you guys. You def did some theorycrafting. I remember the dark BD tanker with body leggies kind of comp.

The context has def changed, there are maybe 15% of the groups that run now that ran when you guys did.

Irc isn't doing a comp that's particularly fancy, people have been running 1 pin champ caster groups for a while. Add the 25% debuff bonus in temp, pin, dropping zone of unmana on top of the dq debuff, and you ruin whole caster groups. The range on the ae debuffs is so large and the range so long that it's very hard to defend against. When I read people here that claim that nobody groups champs anyways, I just don't get it.

People have been complaining because of the implementation of the new pbae delves, that hit for 1k dmg. The action has turned into 95% keep/tower fights, where hibs naturally dominate, combined with hibs having all power relics (that irc protect like their life depended on it, well it actually does since all they have in their life is daoc), so you can a bunch of factors that boost that hib bomb group far and beyond any other realm.

As for theorycrafting, I always wanted to try a FW mauler enchant chanter matter train. 50% debuff from cloak, turn all group members dmg to matter (so they can still use super slow physical weps that debuff af/abs) and go to town.
  • Yeah, best consistant group I've ever had in this game. I was probably the worst player lol.
    But 15% of groups now? Gdamn.... We need this new server more than I thought...

For maulers, isn't there an item or RA or class ability that let's you cast the next X seconds of spells for no mana? Instantly thought of maulers when I read it.

Also, I played around with a mauler buffbot in the days of old necros. Friar hot, cleric buffs, mauler abs buff. It was unkillable. Or cabby/ml9. Don't see the spell on builder anymore. Oh, add in minstrel ablative while your at it. Only had access to 3 bot accounts tho :/ Didn't ever get a fullll test.
  • Exploiting
  • I should elaborate.
    Back in the day it was against the rules to kill unbuffed players porting into PoC at the entrance. Warning and subject to ban. Fancy third-party programs or newfangled hardware? No. Playing game as available.
    Harassing other players in /region? Not acceptable. CSR would warn and that was the end of that crap.
    Wall hanging mob killing in CM? Not a problem until that was brought to Mythics attention by enough people.
    Today? If it feels good, do it. Name your characters whatever profane name you want. Want to insult paying customers? Call your guild some thing like Herorius is Cancer. No problem.
    So. Exploiting. People exploit the lack of fair policy.
  • @Cartoan To be fair Herorius is a cancer to the game.

Also, we should all play on a 33k modem, on your 233 Mhz computers running on Windows 2000 with 256 Mb of Ram, while we drive our cars with a beer between our legs. The glory days
  • Shoke wrote: »
    @Cartoan To be fair Herorius is a cancer to the game.

Also, we should all play on a 33k modem, on your 233 Mhz computers running on Windows 2000 with 256 Mb of Ram, while we drive our cars with a beer between our legs. The glory days

Not just Herorius...but all those who follow and help him. He isn't doing this alone.

Hib zerg and all stealth zergs are ruining what is left of this game.