RA question

edited January 2020 in General Board
I've been hearing nonstop complaints about the new pbaoe changes in keep battles.
Got me thinking.

How does the 40% Bedazzling Aura stack with the 30% soldiers barricade? Then add in armor and resists from buffs? Maybe a group/aoe Magic ablative chant (add a class with SOS?). If all of the above lasts 30 seconds, seems there might be enough time frame for some counterplay there.

I might be mildly challenged, but seems to me that there are counters to pbaoeing already in the game, just takes some strategy.

But also, serious question to how the above stacks.
Post edited by AlaskaMike on

Comments

• So you need a heavy investment of realm points, most probably spent better elsewhere, to counter something that is easily achievable via spending specpoints where you would spec them anyway?

Sounds like a plan.... not!
  • I dont think Bedazzling Aura and soldiers barricade stack. But yea, there are ways to counter pbaes.
    Heros have Fury and their cloak. If they use both they can go in lordroom with >5bombs, use powerdrain, and kill the bombs. Thats how you can get in a lordroom, even with several bombs inside, where other classes would die instant.
  • edited January 2020 PM
    You just need a R5 tic and R5 theurg and you win
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • Or a warrior with Loyalty Cloak
  • Mauler R5 stacks.
  • edited January 2020 PM
    See shoke's answer. Also why has tic rr5 never been nerfed? Can't kill em with melee can't kill em with magic. Also aoe dex debuffing Lord room would go a long way to slowing them pbaes
    Post edited by scerff on
  • I get hit with a 50% resistance debuff before/during the bomb Soo not 100% sure how much longer you will live with your toys but it's better then nothing right..
  • rocketait wrote: »
    I get hit with a 50% resistance debuff before/during the bomb Soo not 100% sure how much longer you will live with your toys but it's better then nothing right..

Invite your friendly Armsman, Warrior or Hero and have them pop Rampage
  • Daelin wrote: »
    rocketait wrote: »
    I get hit with a 50% resistance debuff before/during the bomb Soo not 100% sure how much longer you will live with your toys but it's better then nothing right..

Invite your friendly Armsman, Warrior or Hero and have them pop Rampage

Jop.
  • edited January 2020 PM
    rocketait wrote: »

No you don't. Hibs don't bring a void eld to 50% single target energy debuff for pbae. Albs dont bring a Body sorc to 50% single target debuff for cold. Mids dont bring a Dark SM specifically to 50% single target debuff for spirit inside pbae... Not to mention mid and alb are pbae'ing 2 or even 3(alb) different damage types.

And the toys brought up above are all second line (and some 3rd) not 1st so it wouldn't be a direct negation.
    Post edited by Rohan on
  • @Rohan
    Fury, Rampage, class cloak are no 2nd line
  • These are two different types of absorbtion.

Bedazzling Aura is a secondary magic resist decrease.

Soldiers Barricade is an (imo crappy) absorb debuff that hits AFTER all resists and such are taken into account.

So if you had 26% to resists and you got nuked for 500

You'd get hit for 500 * (1-.26) = 370 damage

Then if you had 20% from Bedazzling Aura you'd have

370 damage * (1-.2) = 296 damage

Then if you had 20% from Soldiers Barricade you'd have

296 damage * (1-.2) = 236 (game truncates decimals) damage

So for 20% BA and 20% Soldiers Barricade you went from 370 to 236 damage = 36% reduction in damage for the group for a very short period of time and for a high realm ability cost.

Meh :(
  • @Enkertons This is correct if not getting debuffed. BA is really strong when facing a caster debuff train. BA is one of these RAs that you go to BA5 or you don't, the middle values are better spent on other things.

But yeah for pbae concerns you don't get debuffed so yeah the return is lower
  • Shoke wrote: »
    @Enkertons This is correct if not getting debuffed. BA is really strong when facing a caster debuff train. BA is one of these RAs that you go to BA5 or you don't, the middle values are better spent on other things.

But yeah for pbae concerns you don't get debuffed so yeah the return is lower

The question was about BA and SB stacking, which is what the point of my response was.
  • @Rohan strange you can just tell me I don't get debuffed before/during bomb because I do (3 times for sure). Maybe it has to do with some cloak or some other ablilty (I really didn't want to give other hib groups any idea how to do it ) or maybe they singled me out the few times their bomb got me, but yes there was a high debuff (figured the 50%) that dropped my resists (played it back on slow motion from the video capture just to make sure). So please you appear rather rude when you say it didn't happen? One of the groups that bomb on keep defence does run something that drop resists to laughable levels (and I assumed they found a way oh hib only to turn the single magic spell into a aoe (or they are just fast and I'm unlucky, who knows : ).

Now more on subject, enkertons is correct (though if you get debuffed they are better but still not normally enough to live though a few pbaoe now adays)
  • There are plenty of counters to bombing. Dex debuffs, Zone of Unamana, ST stun lock, power leak, amnesia, etc. The high delve just makes it ez mode. I think the new PB changes highlighted two things: lots of bad players and heavy tanks are too tanky.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Post the vid of the debuff then
  • Question, what is the chanter loyalty cloak /use? :)
  • KoeKoe
    edited January 2020 PM
    AlaskaMike wrote: »
    Question, what is the chanter loyalty cloak /use? :)

THE WHOLE GROUP has a 60 second turn ALL single target DD's into a 300 radius AOE. Most META groups are running 2 chanters currently.

For the chanter that's the 199d 2.6s body dd, or the 209d +10% heat decrease 2.8s
    For Ment it's probably 209d 2.8s heat (or energy)
    For Eld it's 179d 40% slow 2.8s energy or 209d 2.8s cold (or 179 2.6s)
    Ani/VW obviously 179d 2.5s 50% lifetap :) or for just ani 225d 2.8s body

Also impacts bolts, so great tool for bombing/breaking a pile.

or 12% melee resist charge, your choice /snickers.

Hibs are very OP in keep siege defense/take situations. This is only a small part of the reason why.
    Post edited by Koe on
  • edited January 2020 PM
    Hmm. Everything online says single target spell, not DD. Resist debuffs, heals, ect are all single target spells :)

But it prolly got changed and doesn't show up on Google results, because of course.

Figured it was something like having chanter able to give all the climb wall tanks extra dmg (mana aoedd buff), and giving 1 healer double heals, and the rest 33% more heals. On top of Bedazzling Aura and a healpet. Plus loyalty cloak.

But I haven't played daoc since right after the chanter changes so this is all theorycrafting (plus some 8v8 experience).
    Post edited by AlaskaMike on
  • chanter cloak works on pure single target direct damage nukes and nothing else.

Spells like the mana eld 179 dd/snare or light chanter 209/10% debuff are double component spells and do not work, a light chanter that wants to utilize this has to switch to his baseline nuke, also mauler nukes, animist bombers and bolts thankfully do not work with it(if you get aoe bolted it's a bainshee doing it). Lifetaps do work as well as things like bard/champ instant dd's. The most powerful nuke you can use with it is bainshee baseline which is somewhat rare to see.
  • @Tyrantanic power leaking or amnesia won’t do jack to a bomber group as you’ll be dead very very quickly.

All of the new higher delve PBAOE’s should be reverted back
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    @Tyrantanic power leaking or amnesia won’t do jack to a bomber group as you’ll be dead very very quickly.

I don't disagree that they should be reverted back but clearly a RR12+ heavy tank train doesn't die quickly enough if you ask Xuu. :p
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    Fateboi wrote: »
    @Tyrantanic power leaking or amnesia won’t do jack to a bomber group as you’ll be dead very very quickly.

I don't disagree that they should be reverted back but clearly a RR12+ heavy tank train doesn't die quickly enough if you ask Xuu. :p

Can't be talking about mid heavies, no one plays them. I started playing a warrior only 3-4 months ago. Most fun I've ever had playing the game. Unfortunately in last few months i couldn't play it much since Pac healers are most needed. When I had to play something else my playtime went from 30+ hours a week to none.

Even with the disparity of population I'd resub if they revert the pbae.