Bring back all 4 towers for each keep!

edited January 2020 in General Board
Outside of maybe the top 3 keeps i really cant see why you can not add all the towers back into the game. Basically the original map of the frontier. It created more options for siege and strategy.

This game is at its best when siege warfare is going on.
Post edited by Sepphiroth75 on

Comments

• @Sepphiroth75 I don't get your point since the action is 98% about siege right now, killing every single other playstyle in the process.
  • edited January 2020 PM
    So with that 98% figure did you just throw out the island? Because outside of Herorius and his 3 hr rvr window the rest of the game is on the island and does not involves siege because if it did hibernia would not have relics constantly.

Also how does it kill play style? You know what kills 8 man? Population, getting older with more responsibilities and people that look for the perfect groups.

There are solo towns / mazes which still have solo players go to them. Side not i got 2 lone enforcers before there was the island, insta porting and solo towns. Btw adding towers back into the ruined mazes would create another area to get more solo action.

Small man is alive and thriving in all areas of the game.

Finally realm vs realm ware fare is what mythic designed the game to be. Lighting a tower on fire creates action. The more towers we have it opens up the war map which is good for the game
    Post edited by Sepphiroth75 on
  • edited January 2020 PM
    How will adding more towers remove players from the island? Cutting ports is already easy and common since that's all keep towers are for.

Edit: fires bring action depending on the size of the icon. No small man is going to run to a lit tower with a large hammer/cup/tree.
    Post edited by Tyrantanic on
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • @Sepphiroth75 do you even play the game? Right now hibs are the main zerg in EU and US prime. All of what was left of 8 mans are zerg humping now because that's where the RPs are.

We saw a steady decline in 8 mans when Xuu's group came back, I suppose people are scared of releasing.

The EC patch, with the ridiculous changes to pbae, RPs and keep defense bonuses did the final blow to roaming groups.

Smallman is alive and well? All I read in region chat and discord is how groups and smallman are rolling soloers in the bow towns, hence killing the remaining solo game.

How is adding a 4th tower to keeps help in any way? It doesn't bring anything to the strategy, towers are taken to cut ports.

All you see on the boards is hos the game has become this ridiculous mess of inbalance.

The only thing EC achieve is that by removing the buggane RP quest the zergs spend much less time on the island. The hib US prime zerg still runs on EV because they have nothing else tondo, they already have all the relics.

I run US prime every noght and to say that the gamr is on the island now is ridiculous and obviously from someone that doesn't actually play.
  • No. Please god no.
  • Less keeps/towers

No RP reward for keeps/towers

Change relic bonuses to guild only

Add quest for 10k RPs, kill 10 players on EV, 10 in odins, 10 in hadrians, 10 in emain. All openfield
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • No more towers.
  • i still do not see the harm of adding the towers. If anything it brings back rvr to areas of the map less traveled.
  • i still do not see the harm of adding the towers. If anything it brings back rvr to areas of the map less traveled.

The mazes have traffic already due to Supplies for the Cause. The remaining tower spots were all next to the keeps with the exception of the outposts from the merchant keeps (Crau, Beno, and Bled), two of which are in proximity to the ruined areas (Trell and Moy).

So no, bringing back more towers will NOT bring any more action to areas less traveled as those particular towers are already in place. The game needs population to bring more action, not more towers.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Its just work, that has no benefit.
  • Need more roaming fights and not this siege/los BS. Main reason I stopped playing visi toons back when the original NF came out was because of it. Battlegrounds became more fun back then.
  • Bring back towers maze towers were best action in game and was a strategic point for any Zerg taking bold.
    The battles on that plain were awesome.

Never understood this argument that people used the towers to escape dieing.
    Who exactly is this benefitting the tower is a defensive structure as a safe haven on a realm why shouldn’t people be allowed to run into a tower just don’t get that argument what’s different to people jumping in poc or the labby or
    Using geometry exploits to get away or cheating with hacks why don’t broadsword sort that crap out but having 2 extra towers back the world will end ffs god give me strength.
    Bring themback reroll game to pre ruined keep make free to play free and get the game on steam and we might make daoc great again.
  • I agree brut. I solo, duo and run small man with my guild mates but sometimes ill run with the zergs. Its fun at all levels. I used to remember going to Bold maze and trebbing the tower to create action in rvr. It was great!
  • Bumping this thread. I have been having some of the best time over the past few days lighting towers up and creating actions in the mainlands away from the island and center keeps. @beibhinn

I really cant see a negative to relooking at this. especially the maze towers which always made for fun RVR
  • Bumping this thread. I have been having some of the best time over the past few days lighting towers up and creating actions in the mainlands away from the island and center keeps. @beibhinn

I really cant see a negative to relooking at this. especially the maze towers which always made for fun RVR

Would rather see them put something in geared to small man. Instead of a tower, maybe a defense/capture position where you lose any RP/BP gain for quest completion if you are in a group that has more than 4 and taking them would give your realm's PVE side a small xp/bp/gold/craft speed/etc.(depending on which position was taken) for a few hours before the position resets.

It could give some small mans something to fight over and hopefully it's far enough away that the zergs wouldn't be interested in going there.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • You could make it a small man or even 8 quest to take a maze tower could you imagine the fights in the mazes and plains at the moment people camp each island tower if hero’s on those towers are taken just so his Zerg or whoever can port in to farm whoever wants to take bring the maze towers back male it a quest for small or 8 would change scene up maybe have a lord at the solo keeps and make that a quest as well for solos and small man at the moment your 8 solo action is restricted to keep defences Zerg surfing or swimming around island do something creative please broadsword
  • edited March 2020 PM
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • Imagine the maze areas with towers again! Oh rhe fun!!
  • Towers not gonna make any difference , what would make any difference to keep attracting people back is a change into the EC. But i guess we have to wait on that a little bit more.
  • More towers gives more areas of the map to rvr on and creates more strategy.
  • I serously doubt adding a tower will bring action. Just more work for those to are trying to open a port. And Hib maze sucks when a tower is in it.
  • The real estate is still there...just not the building
  • More towers = more places for rvr.
  • I don't know man, just seems like more ways to break port. If anything, LESS tower imo. Make them harder to take / easier to hold.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • Oh my God, no please
  • So maybe to break port it should require taking 2 towers. That way its more strategy.
  • They should bring back the original NF keep, tower, and bridge designs.