Time to scrap OW and DC and bring back some of the Nostalgia to DAoC's PvE!!!

Hi all,

@Carol_Broadsword
I think it's time to scrap OW and DC and bring back some Nostalgia to DAoC. We should look at bringing some of the old content that isn't getting used such as Sidi on Albion, Galladoria on Hibernia and TG on Midgard. Let's not keep milking PvE when we already got good content in place, let's just use what we have instead of bringing bugged campaigns that no one wanted. These dungeon that aren't used anymore has so much potential for running good and fun raids and I've witnessed this.

The problem with OW and DC is that there just so dummied down and they don't provide any enjoyment but frustration having to make sure you've spoken to every NPC, making sure you got all the steps so you can go onto the next phase, teleport to all destinations and just to many quests in journal. You don't need to make the content so complicated, this is DAoC and the simple things work.

I would not suggest creating anymore new items but use the existing items we have and also if you complete each boss in places like sidi, DF or even some of the ToA area's then you are granted bps. If you are prioritising Ywain as your server than i suggest you need to make these changes in order to bring back new and returning players. DC and OW isn't new or returning player friendly and since bp's are the only thing people are look at now, raids are hard to come by that was always part of the game.

DC and OW is no enjoyment for the player base and many have voiced their opinions on this.

Please bring back some of the old content us veteran players really enjoyed!

If anyone shares my opinion please come forward because I just feel DAoC going backwards and not really looking at these area's that could make the game so much more fun.

Solicfire

Comments

• I have wanted updated old items for years. So many cool old df, catacombs, toa and si items . Just update the state and bonuses and maybe a slight boost to a proc.
  • edited January 2020 PM
    I have wanted updated old items for years. So many cool old df, catacombs, toa and si items . Just update the state and bonuses and maybe a slight boost to a proc.

I would really like to see this too, even if it was in a few of those area's that would be a step in the right direction. There is no need for new items and upping the caps anymore than they already are. We got the content that everyone has enjoyed, let's bring some of these area's alive again!
    Post edited by Solicfear1 on
  • .../agree
  • edited January 2020 PM
    I'll just be lazy and copy my reply from 2020-wish-list as it pretty much fit hehe :)
    Vrisslar wrote: »
    Personally i have loved DAoC for its PvE and PvP since 2001, i loved the diversity and options for things to do when i didnt feel like doing one or the other.

PvP side i loved everything from solo to keep fights, RvR was a great idea and really fun.
    PvE I loved farming scrolls, artis, etc in ToA with my sally, wife and friends, when needing a RvR break or just to help friends and strangers, same goes for dragons, ML10, summoners hall, DF, SI dungeons, scale farming etc.
    Sadly tho i hated Cursed and OW, not a fan of quests and the way things was done, or the items.

With the current state of RvR and the removal of PvE currencies, i feel like im getting more value for my money and are better off paying for one account on a PvE game and one on a PvP game, then i am paying for my usual 2 or more accounts on DAoC.
    With my wife being a none PvP person who used to love DAoC PvE (Who didnt like Cursed and OW either and left cause of them), thats just another reason for me to leave to play with her.
    With the arrival of the last patch, i finaly had enough and DAoC are for the first time since 2001 not on my PC, and i dont have a single active account :(

My wish for 2020 ?
    With the above in mind, i wish we could just time travel DAoC back 4 -5 years and slap on FTP, then add on bounty crafting with the old BP prices, and instead of removing the old PvE currencies, make a new merchant where you could trade the old PvE currencies for BP scrolls with fitting BP values and buy the currencies with BP.
    This way people could still get items the old ways in PvE with currencies, encounters and merchants, but at the same time have the option to gain a full template by just RvR'ing, adding options instead of removing them etc.
    After that, just spend dev time on minor tweaks and dev run events, with BP, RP or potion rewards. ( no new items please :P )

So in other words, yes please old PvE would be very welcome.
    Post edited by Vrisslar on
  • I agree but disagree. It might be fun, but the items need to be on par with everything not better and now needed in templates. And then I don't agree, as development is limited and I feel dev should focus on rvr content (Ballance, pet pathing, events that are fun and interesting, bug fixes, enforcement of rules).

Just my 2 cents
  • Instead of introducing ANY new items or revamp of old items and opening up a whole can of worms, retemplating, possible balance issues, I think BS so reintroduce old PvE content like OP said, but focus on cool skins for weapons/armor! But I don't care either way. Old PvE was cool I just don't want any new items I want population
  • Armagedden wrote: »
    Instead of introducing ANY new items or revamp of old items and opening up a whole can of worms, retemplating, possible balance issues, I think BS so reintroduce old PvE content like OP said, but focus on cool skins for weapons/armor! But I don't care either way. Old PvE was cool I just don't want any new items I want population

Yeah, I completely agree with this!

Population will come if they see good content. The problem with the gameplay and content at the moment is that it isn't good and players are not going to play a half baked game. That is why i want them to scrap OW and DC because it isn't good content but if they improve the PvE side to make it more enjoyable to level and raid then they will come back.

Right now, people will come and go with the way things stand now.
  • Recall some talk about an Underground Forest rework in progress.
  • edited January 2020 PM
    [edited]
    Post edited by Driralin on
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • edited January 2020 PM
    Dale_Perf wrote: »
    [edited]

Shrouded Isle would be a start if they could bring that zone back alive! I agree, they wont ever get the 400+ people raiding TG, Sidi etc but they will at least get some players back that liked SI and we would get probably at least 50+ peeps running in those raids which is enough to do all the bosses.

I think if each boss could give certain amount of bps for each kill I think that would definitely help bring this content back alive. But, Broadsword seem to always have their own agenda and don't want to go back to past content that made this game.
    Post edited by Driralin on
  • Eh, just all migrate together where there's population. Let BS close Ywain and come up with a better server. Maybe they'll get subs then.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Agreed Solic. Tho I think some items should be on par with OW and Curse, but new skins.
  • edited January 2020 PM
    Keltorius wrote: »
    Agreed Solic. Tho I think some items should be on par with OW and Curse, but new skins.

Yep, totally agree, as i mentioned we just need fun and enjoyable content and i would suggest is the raid contains collecting bps from bosses. I also think it would be nice if they could go back to the old traditions of letting the leaders do lotto at the end by giving out gear that drops from the bosses.

That aspect of the game has completely gone!

• Solicfear1 wrote: »
    Keltorius wrote: »
    Agreed Solic. Tho I think some items should be on par with OW and Curse, but new skins.

Yep, totally agree, as i mentioned we just need fun and enjoyable content and i would suggest is the raid contains collecting bps from bosses. I also think it would be nice if they could go back to the old traditions of letting the leaders do lotto at the end by giving out gear that drops from the bosses.

That aspect of the game has completely gone!

That was exciting. Yeah it seems pretty simple just allow a good and fair amount of BPs and maybe change the loot drops to things people want like less of the garbage gear and more chance to drop older items with cool skins or glowies. They don't even need to bother add any extra content just clean it up a little
  • They could at least add BP drops similar to DF mobs so it wouldn't be a total waste of time if they don't update the items.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • edited January 2020 PM
    Dreamscape wrote: »
    They could at least add BP drops similar to DF mobs so it wouldn't be a total waste of time if they don't update the items.

I really liked what they did when we raided the highlords, Legion and the princess's. The problem what they did after is made it to where it was not worth farming as there was far less drops on blood seals and no reason for bg leaders to run it anymore. However, again they could just slim it down to one currency and grant you BP's for killing the bosses and add all the items to a BP merchant.
  • Solicfear1 wrote: »
    [ I also think it would be nice if they could go back to the old traditions of letting the leaders do lotto at the end by giving out gear that drops from the bosses.

This should never ever ever ever come back. Deterred me from joining large raids sometimes. Go do a 2-3 hour raid, just to sit around for 45 minutes to an hour afterwards waiting to collect your loot. The loot system in daoc is not favorable for large raids, just have bosses drop currency and throw in a merchant (as it is now in SI).

"...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • I like the idea of needing to kill a boss for credit in order to purchase the items it drops with alternative currency. Too bad that's not a thing on Ywain.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
  • Weren't you advocating the upside down as being great. Why do you need changes made here?
  • Dreamscape wrote: »
    They could at least add BP drops similar to DF mobs so it wouldn't be a total waste of time if they don't update the items.

The items where updated "recently" Yanno that whole entire DF revamp and the new and shiny (best in slot at the time) CL15 weapons.
    Even if they did another DF revamp everyone would cry whoa is me I can't get a raid on X,Y,Z realm and it's not fair I can't get the loot instantly and for free...Whines about having to re-templating etc.
  • Fateboi wrote: »

The items where updated "recently" Yanno that whole entire DF revamp and the new and shiny (best in slot at the time) CL15 weapons.
    Even if they did another DF revamp everyone would cry whoa is me I can't get a raid on X,Y,Z realm and it's not fair I can't get the loot instantly and for free...Whines about having to re-templating etc.

Hence the statement, they could at least add BP drops similar to DF mobs...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not into DAoC PvE. But throwing away old content shows a lack of vision on Broadswords part.

• Y
    Fateboi wrote: »

No one will have to re-template, it's just updating the items so that content can come alive again. I wouldn't suggest DF but Galladoria, Sidi and TG would be my recommendation to update as anyone can access that dungeon anytime.

I agree with you fatboi that maybe the content of OW and DC is easy but it needs us verteran players to show those new and returning players how to do the content. DC and OW is certainly not friendly to those that are new to this campaign and I know as I've led it many times. It's very frustrating as there is just far to many quests in journal and it can be very confusing.

If they just brought back the simple things of just killing dungeon bosses and grant those players BPs and keep it to once currency it would be a lot easier and I still think Nostalgia raids are far better than what we got now.

But on the template side of things, nothing will change but just update of loot to what we have now. I don't want to see increase caps, procs etc as it isn't needed.