How about a Sequel - 'Dark Age of Camelot 2' ?

I am pretty sure since Mythic was bought and sold by EA that chances for a 'Dark Age of Camelot 2' may be very low.

Since the player numbers are shrinking (also due to no marketing for the current game and its F2P mode) how about a Dark Age of Camelot freshly re-imagined to modern standards but being still a RVR orientated game in persistant Openworld Areas (without pvp instances and capture the flag bull*** like Warhammer Online back then). ;)

Additionally the current trend like ,,PUBG'' or ,,Fortnite'' shows that there is a demand for PVP orientated Games on a huge scale and also sandboxing and persistant worlds (Minecraft).

What would be your opinion on a 'Dark Age of Camelot 2' ? ;)

Comments

• edited December 2019 PM
    I know that, i mean just an official sequel on a high quality level, more budget and also PVM ;)
    Honestly i don't have my hopes up on CU anymore after i played it and it got so often delayed..

I mean look at the witcher.. myths offer lots of content for nice quests. :)

Of course it would be nice if (in contrast to current MMORPGs) it would also offer many group quests in order to push group play.
    Post edited by Bothka on
  • DAoC is more likely to get shelved than a sequel developed.

CU will be the closest game to DAoC despite being years away from release.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • What you think about New World?
  • how bout warhammer 2
  • Tbh a daoc 2 would probably be 100x better than CU. I think CU is overthinking it and will probably end up being an epic failure.

Just modernize daoc (graphics, ui, crafting, etc) and bam you have a sucess.
  • CU is already a massive failure. Even it it gets released in early 2020 it killed itself after the 3rd year of delays.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • New World does look somewhat interesting. But man just refresh daoc and modernize some of the outdated elements and it is still a killer game
  • Shoke wrote: »
    New World does look somewhat interesting. But man just refresh daoc and modernize some of the outdated elements and it is still a killer game

Agreed 100% simply update Engine, UI, some QoL features and you have a great game that can keep thriving into the 2020s. + marketing hopefully some quality updates happen before the steam release so we can get the best results out of it and it's not just down voted into oblivion like it would be right now.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • To update all the quirks of this game to a modern standard basically everything needs to be rewritten from the ground up. So if they do it, we will have a DaoC 2, except that the 2 is unofficial.