Four Bot Characters at once - How many accounts are allowed per person?

edited December 2019 in General Board
That's my question, also since the F2P phase of DAOC just started it should be even easier to create many multiple bot accounts (besides from the 'classic' buffbot accounts we know). So the abusement of the gaming system should be even easier for those who intend to get themselves advantages over 'regular' players who play normal and fair.

Just recently today where i had the situation at Molvik BG that just ONE player used at least up to 4 accounts simultaneously. Animists to put out several mushroom pets at once at the ck, giving him a lot of 'horse power'. One bard for mezzing, healing, rezzing and also a light eldritch for stun and damage (i just missed the warden for auto-bubble).
I am asking myself where is the end?

I myself try to play 'fair' how it is intended to be with 'just' one account since 2001. I got the idea back then of having buffbot accounts for stealthers, which then lead to having a light advantage to others who don't have buffs.

But where is the end? Having 4 accounts with animists to spam the keeps full of pets, a healer that could rezz me etc. pp?

Isn't that kind of abusing the whole system? If not, shall i get me also 4 free accounts for having auto-Bubble, speed, shield block, pet spam at once, too?

My 2 cents and wishes.
Post edited by Bothka on

Comments

• One of the Grab Bags that came out earlier this year stated clearly that at least for EC account multiboxing is strictly prohibited, in both PVE and RvR.
    https://darkageofcamelot.com/article/friday-grab-bag-10042019
    Common understanding is that multiboxing/macro-teaming is not allowed in RvR zones.

Official RoC/ToS are not so clear in my opinion but maybe an official person can comment on that :)
  • Macro inst allowed in rvr zone for years now, so if you see someone macroing in rvr zones, screenshot and send to Carol i am sure she will take care of it.
  • You can only play 1 character at a time in RvR. Period. There are NO exceptions.

You can have bots in the Frontier/BGs of course, but you can’t actively play them.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    You can only play 1 character at a time in RvR. Period. There are NO exceptions.

You can have bots in the Frontier/BGs of course, but you can’t actively play them.

Huh? You're telling me all those people running around with 1 buffbot stuck to them and tabbing back and forth is illegal?
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • edited December 2019 PM
    I only have one account. so im unsure of the stipulations. I find it hard to believe that you find that hard to believe that people run around with bots stuck to them or the bg. I know several who run skald bots.
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • Based on the Original Post I'm not convinced this is one person rather than a group of 4-5 guildies trying to figure out the game.

I've watched some very poor players zerg surf in the Hib zerg recently, and they obviously weren't buff bot type classes, just people trying to figure out how to play the class.
  • Dale_Perf wrote: »
    DaRedANT wrote: »
    You can only play 1 character at a time in RvR. Period. There are NO exceptions.

Huh? You're telling me all those people running around with 1 buffbot stuck to them and tabbing back and forth is illegal?

That is correct.

Hard to proove it’s one person playing them both though.

Dale_Perf wrote: »

That is correct.

Yes, you can play two toons in nf, as long as they are not macroed. Ignore Daredant. He is still mad his friend got banned for cheating
  • Kat wrote: »
    Dale_Perf wrote: »

That is correct.

Yes, you can play two toons in nf, as long as they are not macroed. Ignore Daredant. He is still mad his friend got banned for cheating

The developers of the game, told Nate you CANNOT actively play 2 toons in NF. Which is why his Reaver got banned. He wasn’t macroing.

You can have inactivate bots only.

• I don't believe anything coming from Nate, and have seen it stated by BS that you can play multiple toons in nf as long as you don't macro. If that has changed, so be it...but before I believe it, I would need to see it clarified by someone besides Nate.
  • U can play multiple toons. You can't macro. Looking at his stream Nate was macroing.
  • Minibard wrote: »
    U can play multiple toons. You can't macro. Looking at his stream Nate was macroing.

No he was using AHK, which is allowed.

He had multiple reavers, on different computers, using different keyboards. He has never used a macroing program.

The developers said you CANNOT play more than 1 toon in RvR period.

• @Carol_Broadsword

lets find out.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    i asked last year because i was using a speed bot to do quest

said i can dual log not multibox and control 8 toons with 1

will not let me post SS
    Post edited by Minibard on
    Minibard wrote: »
    U can play multiple toons. You can't macro. Looking at his stream Nate was macroing.

No he was using AHK, which is allowed.

He had multiple reavers, on different computers, using different keyboards. He has never used a macroing program.

The developers said you CANNOT play more than 1 toon in RvR period.

Stop trying to defend him literally no one cares about 7K.
    There's a reason he can only get a group in Hib...

• Pretty sure mids were happy Skeetaru ran 4 to spy on hibs, etc.
    Cartoan wrote: »
    Pretty sure mids were happy Skeetaru ran 4 to spy on hibs, etc.

Pretty sure most if not all play all realms, or at least two out of three, and with the realm timer only being activated with rps earned, then how easy is it to log into a realm, join a bg, do a /bg groups or /bg count and find out all the information you need..... And with everyone, playing everywhere, and multiple Discord channels that can be easily browsed to see a good count on numbers etc. Spying seems to be the norm now. I've even seen players in discord who appear to be talking while dueling at Trelle/Moy/Folly. No one cares nowadays.
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • I'd love to have clarification on this. I understand macro'n as a no go. But what about tying a bot to my character without macros and alt tabbing. I don't see the difference between a bot sitting in a keep to a stealther humping a keep spamming his buff bot heals. It's all the same thing as long as macro'n are not used. Keeping key presses as separate seems to be how I envisioned it as being legal.

The original post seems a bit vague and seems to discuss at large macro groups.

• If dual logging was not allowed I couldnt log into 2 accounts at the same time without special software.

In a rvr zone except poc and df it's illegal to have it macroed where I hit 3 and it goes to both game windows.
  • Minibard wrote: »
    If dual logging was not allowed I couldnt log into 2 accounts at the same time without special software.

In a rvr zone except poc and df it's illegal to have it macroed where I hit 3 and it goes to both game windows.

Ya I think everyone gets that, but we're asking if running around with a bot on your tail is allowed without special software aiding your keystrokes etc.
  • KoeKoe
    edited December 2019 PM
    It sounds like if they are paid accounts, probably, but not EC.

There are two hib light tanks + bards that do this on a daily basis and roam solo areas.
    Post edited by Koe on
  • If they did it though hardware is it allowed (a keyboard with multiple USB ports that connect to multiple computer and passes some keys though to the other computers? ). I feel they enforce this rather subjectivity. I always thought you could have only one account per phisical person that can engage in rvr at a time. So I figured the stick bots that just give speed or something to be on the edge as it's questionable if they are engaging in combat. But then again I figured bs/mythic would never ban them as it's money and they like that stuff (remember the radar bans, it's cheating! And they just banned for a few days lol). We have got plenty of different feedback on what's allowed but from what I have found, as long as you die a bit and there is counter play they seem to not care (trap bots played by alt tabing NO, bard that sicks and fights after main dies SURE (though I think it should just stand there), lots of Hunter firing at the same time NO but not a perma ban from what I saw, mini that sicks and does siege thing on demand (maybe it's alt tab maybe it's another keyboard), seems like they have not banned the user so SURE. Healer who holds key down with "rock" to heal, I don't like it but seems like it happens all the time so maybe SURE?

You see the problem, if it's one per account the heal bot is a no, if it's no software for buttons then sooo many things are allowed, if it's one input per action then even more are allowed, if it's whatever seems fair then it's bs just making sure people don't quit that pay enough..

I do feel bad though because this is very hard to enforce and have rules that are not exploitable, aka how do you know it was software and not my 3 year old playing?
  • Is scripting commands allowed? If so, to what extent?
    From a previous Producer’s Letter:
    We will no longer be enforcing against multi-keybind software or hardware that allow for multiple actions per keystroke per character. An example would be setting up a 'macro' that allows your "w key" to cast both disease and a heal spell.

Please note that if this software/hardware is used to play unattended (anywhere) or to control multiple characters at once (in RvR zones on a subscribed account, or anywhere on a trial) it’s still a violation.

Obviously, if this software/hardware is used to abuse some game mechanic or is used against the general spirit of the game (as determined on a case by case basis) it would also still be a violation.

https://www.darkageofcamelot.com/article/friday-grab-bag-09132019

This implies to me that playing multiple characters at once in RvR is allowed, since they made sure to clearly state you cannot use software/hardware to control multiple characters, not say it's not allowed to play multiple accounts.

• That Grab Bag clearly illustrates the BS intention of how they want to run the game.
    It just has one small flaw: It is contradicting the RoC
    13. Use any scripting or macroing tools, hardware or software.
    and since we all dont sign up to the grab bags when we start the game, but we sign up to the ToS and RoC, they should probably update them :wink:

In any case, usually the Grab Bags are there to clarify the interpretation and intentions of the BS Team for another article in the RoC that reminds us to apply common sense whenever acting in the game. it is this one:
    16. Engage in any behavior that is contrary to the 'spirit of the game' as defined by Broadsword in its sole discretion.

So in conclusion, i would say, if someone really manages to control several accounts at once in rvr, manually, no EC accounts, that is probably not punished since it would be a real accomplishment :)
  • in siege defences i often play two characters, my main and my bb, and start a group, both run on different computers with different keyboards and i have to press keys on both keyboards, i think that is legal. running two chars in roaming conditions just doesn't work for me, at best i drag my bb to the next siege to retake a keep after herorius is done with taking keeps in my realm, i think that is legal. when you start invite randoms to group when retaking a keep after herorius went by and there is some sort of defence of the keep, you also want some sort of healing for those randoms.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • For YEARS I was ham-strung by the simple fact I could only play ONE account. My wife had one of her own but who wants to be someones "buff bot"? It really "grinds my gears" that others had the extreme advantage of multiple toons, for xp as well as the super buffs and realm-spying capabilities. I can't tell you how many times I "rage" quit for months at a time because of the inequality! Don't even get me started on "macro farmers" and the slap in the face that became.
    The BEST addition to the game has been The Buffinator in the shape of Supremacy Potions but even that has been lost to the "pay to play" direction OUR game has de-volved into. Multiple account play ruined Dark Age of Camelot.