DAoC community

I canceled my sub but thought I'd leave a note on the way out.

Long time player, however haven't played the past few years. The community is not what it was. I guess that can be said about all online gaming these days. I was excited to dive back into a game I spent literal years of my life playing, but it's insane how rude and unfriendly the community has become or evolved into. I'm not sure some of you realize that you're still playing with and talking to human beings. I've never been met with such hateful and disgusting comments in all my years of gaming. When I think or consider that most of you are my age or older it's embarrassing.

If someone sends you a message, for any reason unless they're clearly being rude to you, you might try using your fingers and typing a message rather than a rude " ? ". You're already sitting on your ass, are you really too lazy/unfriendly to respond to a human being sending you a message? With the population so low, why not try being friendly so that people stick around? Food for thought.

If a returning player ( clearly stating they are a returning player) asks a question in a general chat channel and you have nothing to contribute that is helpful, stop responding with hate/trollish responses that are only going to cause those players to quit/find other things to do with their time, rather than playing with 40 year old trolls who should have grown a little by now. I recall a instance of asking if the caps have changed because my char with an old template was absolutely destroyed in a 1v1 and it seemed unrealistic. I was told I should try playing checkers.

Just because you're anonymously speaking through a screen name/avatar doesn't mean you should be a complete jackass to people. I'm sure most of you wouldn't act this way in person, so grow up.

To those of you that are/were friendly, best of luck.

Comments

• I used to be like that for years....trollish and a jerk...why? It was kinda of fun. Not anymore...I rely on my /as to give me a hand and answer questions. My alliance has been awesome.
  • edited December 2019 PM
    Maky , the king gear are way better then olds templates post ow and cursed , use the king full set and exemplar items for beginning . And dont forget to use supremacy charge or if you cant at least use the merchant full buff token . The new stats caps are 127/127 , do supply quest for levelling champion 1 to 15 and dont forget to talk to the king to get your extra hits pts for each champion level . You can get the quest at the dock near Crauchon/Bled/Beno .
    Post edited by Hellblast on
    Better to ask questions here or on the official Discord. In-game isn't monitored very well and you're more likely to encounter trollish behavior. I wouldn't let a few bad apples spoil the game. They're everywhere.

Edit: Hellblast provided good information for you.
    Post edited by Tyrantanic on
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Phlick wrote: »
    I used to be like that for years....trollish and a jerk...why? It was kinda of fun. Not anymore...I rely on my /as to give me a hand and answer questions. My alliance has been awesome.

Used to be? Ok
  • Phlick wrote: »
    I used to be like that for years....trollish and a jerk...why? It was kinda of fun. Not anymore...I rely on my /as to give me a hand and answer questions. My alliance has been awesome.

Used to be? Ok

I made an exception for you the other day.
    Phlick wrote: »
    Phlick wrote: »

Used to be? Ok

I made an exception for you the other day.

Sure it was. I was talking in region about Daoc and you chime in just to be a jerk and i am not even sure why. Must play Alb or Mid Stealth.
    Post edited by Sepphiroth75 on
  • I've only played Hib....BUT I did lvl a Hunter about 15 years ago.

My Apologies towards you, You always irritated me in a small child type way, so when logging in for the second time in 3 something years and seeing your name pop up ...I got all giddy with excitement to lay down some less than stellar comments in /region.
  • It's sad grown people ruin things for others to be "leet/kewl/insert random sheep comment followers use on the internet to fit in". If you're a grown person you should attempt to act like you have an education level beyond grade school. Just saying...
  • Maky wrote: »
    It's sad grown people ruin things for others to be "leet/kewl/insert random sheep comment followers use on the internet to fit in". If you're a grown person you should attempt to act like you have an education level beyond grade school. Just saying...

100% agree...but if you play Xbox or PS4....join a CoD game....you will be appalled at what is said ingame ..
  • I play games online on PS4 as well. If I play say Fortnite or COD, I assume I'm playing with kids and expect them to act like idiots. When I logged back into DAoC I expected 30-70 year olds playing an old game that's one of a kind. What I found is the same behavior as I would expect from 12 year olds hanging out with their friends and being jackasses to make their friends laugh.
  • Maky wrote: »
    I play games online on PS4 as well. If I play say Fortnite or COD, I assume I'm playing with kids and expect them to act like idiots. When I logged back into DAoC I expected 30-70 year olds playing an old game that's one of a kind. What I found is the same behavior as I would expect from 12 year olds hanging out with their friends and being jackasses to make their friends laugh.

Pretty much sums me up, I would belittle others to make me feel better about myself.

• But with all that being said, I have been back for 3 weeks and have had an absolute blast so far...seeing old "faces" pop in...seeing Zury still battling it out after 15 years something years...

My experience back has been pretty positive...population level is a downer and BS could make some adjustments in areas to adjust fighting off of EV
  • @Maky
    Cant confirm your impression at all. Maybe you met the wrong people.
  • Just wondering @Maky which realm specifically? Throwing this out there probably Mid.

I can understand your frustration.

GL
    Yeah phlick is a meAn person. He told region he kicked me from our guild and i was looking for a new home
    Post edited by Minibard on
    Maybe people in hib more friendly...
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • Lots of nice players in the game.
  • Is it just me, or did anyone else immediately think of people like Inter and Enk when reading OP's comments about trolls...
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    Just wondering @Maky which realm specifically? Throwing this out there probably Mid.

I can understand your frustration.

GL

More Mid hate for no reason at all, usual @Fateboi. Serenade us with another "no discord" ballad xD

Unfortunately you still have toxic boneheads in game @Maky , but there is the older/relaxed/chill community underneath the trolls.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • Armagedden wrote: »
    Is it just me, or did anyone else immediately think of people like Inter and Enk when reading OP's comments about trolls...

Alot more names come to mind...
  • For the sake of good ol' times: Can I have your stuff? ;)
    I recall a instance of asking if the caps have changed because my char with an old template was absolutely destroyed in a 1v1 and it seemed unrealistic.

I've been advertising for a gear change on this forum for a few weeks now, and I am glad you mentioned that as part of your reasons. People currently playing often don't see this, but the gear advantage BS put in is devastating even for old players with templated gear, and that is a significant problem for RvR. It not only scares away new players, but also returning players. And if that is not changed soon, RvR will suffer even further from the lack of participants.
  • KatKat
    edited December 2019 PM
    Been playing mainly mid for 3+ years, and the community has been very helpful, friendly and nice. Came back after a long break, and immediately got tells and invites to the nicest guilds. OP, I hope you tried mid. I forgot a lot while I was gone, so asked some pretty dumb questions in /advice and always received responses...some in /advice chat, but many in private tells.

If you message me, you might get the "?" - not trying to be rude, but I have received my share of rage tells, and I am cautious when someone I don't know opens a conversation.
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    Better to ask questions here or on the official Discord. In-game isn't monitored very well and you're more likely to encounter trollish behavior. I wouldn't let a few bad apples spoil the game. They're everywhere.

Edit: Hellblast provided good information for you.

What is the Discord channel? I'm also a returning player. Thanks
  • www.discord.gg/daoc