Just roll out a fresh new server!

Comments

• aendam wrote: »
    @Carol_Broadsword Any idea when we will get some new information on this alt rulest server that has been talked about for years now that EC is released?

EC is only out a week and we're still adjusting and making changes based on feedback, and fixing issues that arose. We'll talk about an alt server later :)
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • edited November 2019 PM
    aendam wrote: »
    @Carol_Broadsword Any idea when we will get some new information on this alt rulest server that has been talked about for years now that EC is released?

EC is only out a week and we're still adjusting and making changes based on feedback, and fixing issues that arose. We'll talk about an alt server later :)

Thanks for the reply carol.

Sucks no new information has come out since it was talked about in the Producer's Letter 2017 after feedabck was given by the survey.

Post edited by aendam on

Sucks no new information has come out since it was talked about in the Producer's Letter 2017 after feedabck was given by the survey.

Not so, we mentioned it in February in a Grab Bag :) At the bottom here: https://www.darkageofcamelot.com/article/friday-grab-bag-02152019
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
    Just had an idea regarding the new server...

For the first couple months, lock it down to paid subs only. Then as pop declines (say 70% of first month avg), let EC accounts play it with restrictions. Then when pop declines to say 1/3rd of first month avg, fold back into ywain. Don't even need to have a set schedule, just percentages. Can make the determination depending how long it lasted and how many new subs etc, whether it's worth continuing to make alternate servers...

Heck, if it's insanely popular, be ready to make a second copy, 70% EC, then when pops drop to 50%, merge them, then 1/3rd fold into ywain. That should easily give 6-12 month replayability. And create a perpetual cycle. Can also base the next server ruleset off a subscription based login poll.

Locking it to paid accounts at first will prevent every EC player from ditching ywain. I just don't think waiting a long time after EC to start the new server is a good idea. Have to capitalize on the player count upswing now to feed the word of mouth, get new subs for the new server.

If pops die back down even with EC, new changes aren't going to do much. Gaining 50% more players when you have twice the players is twice as good as gaining 50% of current lol.

Last edit: Feb was 9 months ago :)
    Post edited by AlaskaMike on
  • AlaskaMike wrote: »

Last edit: Feb was 9 months ago :)
    Full details are currently being discussed and we’ll have more information after the launch of Endless Conquest!

Ec is only out a week, give it time :)

DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games

Not so, we mentioned it in February in a Grab Bag :) At the bottom here: https://www.darkageofcamelot.com/article/friday-grab-bag-02152019

Wow, I was incorrect and had not seen that awesome. Thanks beib :)

Edit: Now if you could use your beib powers to get that released Feb 2020 I and many others would be happy bois :)
    Post edited by aendam on

Wow, I was incorrect and had not seen that awesome. Thanks beib :)

Edit: Now if you could use your beib powers to get that released Feb 2020 I and many others would be happy bois :)

+1
    Making a new server would be great for me, since I'm starting fresh but honestly it seems like bad idea to split the game up. You've got on one hand vet players whom need to be fed fresh meat to keep the subs going and then on the other hand you've got new and returning players whom could turn this game around but they stand no chance against any of the veterans. It's kind of a mess really when you think of it, that's why I think the gap needs to be reduced.

I think one of two options would really help this work better.

1.Remove the points required or give them all the way to around RR5 so the base starting point is there.

Or

2. A very easy route would be toss a RR5 mithril shop item up with a price tag.

Why RR5, well it's a realistically where a level 50 should be starting at anyways if my memory serves correct.

It just levels the playing field more and brings DAOC back 10 years when people were all within a certain range.

Post edited by Prank80 on
  • Ec is only out a week, give it time :)

I am watching and waiting for you to unlock my classes. ;)
  • A fresh server, like any other server, dies within 6-8 months.

Everybody says that a fresh start is what we need, but it always boils down to:

There are casuals and hardcore players.

Daoc isn't an easy game so that gap is wider than in other games.

Daoc pve is poop, so the fun relies in rvr/pvp, which is the more difficult part of the game, which then accentuates that casual/hardcore gap even more.

The "fresh start" lasts 3-4 months before a huge gap is created, then 6-8 months before all casuals zerg up and hardcore players avoid each other.

I mean you had that exact experiment with the bird, which everybody was raving how great it was and that it had the perfect ruleset. Within 8 months, it lost 75% of its population.
  • New servers that are stuck to a particular patch level have limited shelf life.

Having a server that progresses will undoubtedly last longer.

I think the best ideas so far is a server that starts classic (ish) but moves forward and adds things like toa etc.

And

One that once it reaches its shelf life it is reinfused into ywain, and a new server goes into the works with a new rule set.

The magic of starting fresh is what many are drawn too.
    So everyone seems to agree that a new server would last 6-8 months lol. Then what's the problem? Reset and do another one for another 8 months. Rinse, repeat, forever lol. First it was Uth, then Uth2, then the bird. People have already SHOWN a willingness to repeatedly start over and play for 6 months, again, and again, with minimal changes... This is a lesson that should be learned. Why isn't it? Keep doing it! And do it with subscriptions! Make money!

Let's go ahead and split the player base in half, when the player base will be quadrupled anyway. Another win-win.

Others seem to agree than newbies against rr12's is a huge gap and everyone hates it. But you also agree that the veterans will be on the new server creating a new gap, doesn't that fix the first problem??? How many different toons can you rvr effectively at the exact same time?

The difference between a 5month grind gap and a 18 year grind gap is a order of magnitude or better.
    There's going to be like 1% of the pop that grinds insanely and gets super high RR quickly, and they should be rewarded. And you should celebrate the diversity of game experience that brings.

But when it's 80-90% high rr's, that diverse experience is gone and it's just a repetitive curbstomp and you end up with Hero Zergs afking keeps for hours to just get something.
    Post edited by AlaskaMike on
  • Any server that adds ToA is dead. ToA was the worst expansion ever added to this game, and severely harmed PvP. It took Mythic countless patches till PvP was working again, and if you add ToA without those patches those servers would instantly stop being PvP servers.

What would interest me would be a server with modern class balancing, but only classic and random loot, so no stat-cap increase, mythic-cap and such. Essentially a server with a lot less item farming and a much more balanced PvP.
  • ToA added master level abilities @Menos also Live is still around so um yea not sure whatcha mean.
    If Classic was so great then why is the other places on a steep decline.
  • Toa as originally launched sucked. It was toned down alot. The big issue back then was toa followed by wow and sweeping rounds of bans...triple hit
  • Ownnyn wrote: »
    Toa as originally launched sucked. It was toned down alot. The big issue back then was toa followed by wow and sweeping rounds of bans...triple hit

That. The ToA of today has nothing to do with the release. Back then people were forced to camp specific artifact drop locations for 16 hours a day just to be competitive in PvP again, because artifacts were so incredible powerful that you simply could not beat someone in full artifact gear if you didn't have the same. And putting those things on such a long respawn timer, many of them impossible to acquire in a group, didn't make it any easier.

On top of that Master Levels were a pain to get and significantly more powerful than they are today. I still have this video when I did ML on my Minstrel and we spent almost an hour fighting a single boss. And that doesn't capture the hours of farming you had to do to even be eligible to do the ML in the first place...

And then there were all those stat cap increases on random gear that you had to farm. Imagine Enchanters with sub 1 second cast-time bombs erasing entire raids from lord rooms before they could even hit their first button.

ToA back then was a dagger to the heart of DAoC and luckily Mythic removed most of it before DAoC died, yet still many of the mistakes remain. And the very first thing Broadsword did was to repeat some of them, which told me that they don't really know what is important to craft proper PvP.
  • Greetings fellas. I got an email from broadsword for my accounts and find myself here now. I played daoc starting Pre-SI (pre 1.64 nerf) on the palomides server, and when they clustered everything again with the Classic Servers. Classic servers were great until they clustered them.. What has always made this game great was the realm pride, clustering was the dumbest mistake they've ever made. that was what killed the classic servers.

So i got the email and came back to see if I could actually play my chars again..however they've blocked me from playing any of my 50's sm's, runes, chanters, wizards, therugists..on all of my accounts. Oh but I can play a warden! from scratch!

sure let me, some player from long ago (cant believe my char is still in a guild), roll up a 1L1 **** tank class on any of the realms and go try to fight against zergs and 8mans..sounds run right?

And in that is where my interest in coming back died. Look at the classes they will let you play..its basically the worst classes (the ones that will NEVER EVER GET A GROUP). How many RvR groups are going to take a 1L1 Warrior, or BM?

so while it's a good idea to go f2p, dont lock out the favorite classes. The very classes you locked out, are basically the only ones who have a chance at getting any RPs in a zerg arena.

[not needed- please see the rules]

i would disagree on the classes. in midgard, healers and shamans are always welcome. in midgard any group will have two healers.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Buffsteria wrote: »
    I swear this forum is beginning sound like a support group.

I support you Buffs ;)
  • Hello,
    I'm an old player (pre patch 1.64) who came back for EC, but my old characters (RR7 full cap - European server - Vortigern) are unrecoverable.
    After a week of play ... I am alone and if DAOC was not my first love I would have already left.
    I have a warden and a BM on Hib, but no exp groups, no Rvrs in BG (always empty) ... lvl 50 full of artifacts ToA and I wonder, assuming you get to 50 ... what do I do in RvR? Cannon meat?
    hopeless against those who have played in recent years.
    I agree with Menos, AlaskaMike and Prank80, also for the old returning players a new Classic + SI server, to which slowly adding other expansions (1 per year) would bring many people to come back.
    If then ToA is left out ... better heheheh ;)
    So even my old guild friends would come back, and current players could confront more people.
    In my day, zerg in the Albion and Hib frontier, 8v8 in Mid frontier.
    IMHO.
    And if on Hib someone needs a poor warden ... PM me ahahahah :D
  • @Gildar
    Leveling to 50 is absolutely no problem.
    When youre 50, you get a free gear from King, which is pretty good now.
    Then you should try to get a template, so do OW and Curse for that.
    Gildar wrote: »
    Hello,
    I'm an old player (pre patch 1.64) who came back for EC, but my old characters (RR7 full cap - European server - Vortigern) are unrecoverable.
    After a week of play ... I am alone and if DAOC was not my first love I would have already left.

Is it possible that @beibhinn can help this person recover his toons from the EU servers or maybe @John_Broadsword @Lea_Broadsword
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • @Kroko lol, a lie of omission is still a lie.

Yes leveling is super easy. After that is when you regret leveling past 39.

Want to know what happens when you go RvR after you get your free gear? You get your ass handed to you be an 8 man or rr10+ stealthers

You get a group going....you find a solo....and the 5 of you jump him....as he laughs...takes virtually no damage....and then 2 shots each one of you.....

You think....ml10 is what you need......150k bps. Thats alot quests you gotta run while feeding the rr12s

Nope, still ****

Maybe champ level 15. Another round of dozens of bp quests....feeding the lame stealth groups.

Nope, still ****

Lemme get in on this ow quest....oh you need a bg to get the good stuff, what about the cursed....same

But wait....you can craft it....woot

With bps...****

Another 100+ hours doing bp quests, feeding the 8 mans chasing down every solo out there. (This is the step im on)

When its all said and done.....youll still be rr3 or so....in a world full of rr12s.

Best advice for new players. Find a good guild to help you. The power curve is so damn big id say most new players will quit before they ever get competitive.

A new server is a must...this bandaid will not hold for long.
  • Ownnyn wrote: »
    @Kroko lol, a lie of omission is still a lie.

Yes leveling is super easy. After that is when you regret leveling past 39.

Want to know what happens when you go RvR after you get your free gear? You get your ass handed to you be an 8 man or rr10+ stealthers

You get a group going....you find a solo....and the 5 of you jump him....as he laughs...takes virtually no damage....and then 2 shots each one of you.....

You think....ml10 is what you need......150k bps. Thats alot quests you gotta run while feeding the rr12s

Nope, still ****

Maybe champ level 15. Another round of dozens of bp quests....feeding the lame stealth groups.

Nope, still ****

Lemme get in on this ow quest....oh you need a bg to get the good stuff, what about the cursed....same

But wait....you can craft it....woot

With bps...****

Another 100+ hours doing bp quests, feeding the 8 mans chasing down every solo out there. (This is the step im on)

When its all said and done.....youll still be rr3 or so....in a world full of rr12s.

Best advice for new players. Find a good guild to help you. The power curve is so damn big id say most new players will quit before they ever get competitive.

A new server is a must...this bandaid will not hold for long.

I just leveled a hero to 50...absolutely no problem. Past 39 i was in battlegrounds. always found someone to group up. Doing the quests there...pretty easy. So dent tell bs plz.
    The Kings gear is good enough for running in a bg, or in a non elite grp. But ofcourse you need a template to be really able to compete.
    For getting a template ofcourse it is easier if you already have toons, for example a farming toon. If you have a farming toon you can make some money and buy ml10 with money.
    OW and Curse was run every day in the last weeks in Hib in EU/US prime time. So it depends at which time of day you play.
    But i agree, that population is still very low and it is hard to find grps or raids going when you need them.

• So I had my Paladin who was fully defensively specced and in the King's gear leave the keep room. He got attacked by an Infi a moment later and killed before the stun wore off. So if you are telling me I have even a remote chance in RvR in king's gear then sorry, that's a lie.

You can still have fun in RvR as long as you stick to the zerg. Just make sure there are always people around that defend your gimpy excuse for gear, and you can make some fine RPs and also have some good moments.

Yet still gear requirements are the one biggest issue for new players to enter RvR. Lowering the "entrance fee" for RvR significantly will bring back lots people to this game. Unlock all classes and races and make sure you earn your money from things that are not keeping people from RvRing, and I see a good future for this game.
  • @Kroko you need to reread my first sentence. I agree leveling is easy. Its after you hit 50 the real pain begins

As for bgs, they dont run often na evenings from what ive seen.
    Menos wrote: »
    Yet still gear requirements are the one biggest issue for new players to enter RvR. Lowering the "entrance fee" for RvR significantly will bring back lots people to this game. Unlock all classes and races and make sure you earn your money from things that are not keeping people from RvRing, and I see a good future for this game.

I have no problem with lowering the entrance fee. It is very high for new people...thats true.
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • Just my 2 cents worth, I played on the classic servers until they were shut down.I loved it! I left DAOC shortly afterwards feeling that the players wants and desires were not important. I would like to see ALL the PVE content available again. I just resubbed and honestly I am very discouraged about catacombs. Yes I am one of those PVErs, I enjoy discovering, farming, and completing dungeons ( OMG I am a relic!)Back in the day we supported our PVP brethren with armor, crafting skills, farmed pieces, ect. Unfortunately it seems that part of DAOC has been allowed to die. That to me is what made this game thrive, it wasn't just pvp not just pve, one supported the other.
  • All classic pve is avalable. Dragon zones changed a bit. Honestly think that curse is better than catacombs were, but would like to see cata back. I still have some mid 10% blocking shields that I farmed that legit cannot be farmed anymore, so I can't get replacements. (PM me if you wanna buy for stupid inflated prices, super rare :p)
    All classic pve is avalable. Dragon zones changed a bit. Honestly think that curse is better than catacombs were, but would like to see cata back. I still have some mid 10% blocking shields that I farmed that legit cannot be farmed anymore, so I can't get replacements. (PM me if you wanna buy for stupid inflated prices, super rare :p)

Just thinking out loud here, my hope is that they revert Catacombs to the way it was minus the Instances that are utilized for [Curse].
    Although judging from the previous "patches" they might be considering another PVE gear revamp which would be super frustrating...
  • Heck, at this point I'd play a server that was Only catacombs zones lol. As long as the server was new :p
  • People need a reason to be drawn back to the game, A new server is not the answer it will dilute the player base even more.I started back up on the 13th of Nov. When I logged in that night for the first time in 3+ years there was 57 people on at 9pm (Hib). There now has been a steady uptick to about 130-150 about that time. A New server will be like cutting off your noes to spite your face, Revamp Zones with new loot and Realm Point bonuses...hell. make a Friday Night at the Parth Farm bonus BPs or some thing.
  • The literal reason is literally the new server. It'll dilute something that's 3x larger than it currently is, so is that dilution? :)
    The literal reason is literally the new server. It'll dilute something that's 3x larger than it currently is, so is that dilution? :)

Maybe I miss understood, are we saying a whole new server as in shrinking down the size of the current server? or making an entirely new server.

As it stands now the server in an RvR stand point is way to large for the population right now...I have no problem dealing with it as I am usually playing another game on a console while I wait for a port to open or auto walk to the next area ...Multi Tasking FTW.
  • So what is on people's mind when they say new server fresh? Because for me not having access to full buffs like sup pots/celerity pots is a no go. I don't want to swing once a minute or die to oj mobs in pve or spend 2-3 weeks of play time to even hit 50... And I have no interest in subbing another 2 accounts to be fully buffed like old days.
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
  • Boduke wrote: »
    So what is on people's mind when they say new server fresh? Because for me not having access to full buffs like sup pots/celerity pots is a no go. I don't want to swing once a minute or die to oj mobs in pve or spend 2-3 weeks of play time to even hit 50... And I have no interest in subbing another 2 accounts to be fully buffed like old days.

Unlike many that want a fresh server, I have no desire to go back to pre-toa. I would love to see just a simple roll back...to the time right before BS implemented their class balancing. Class balance was probably at it's best at that time.
  • I personally believe a new server will fail miserably. We all like our toons and easy to attain gear. Starting from scratch sounds horrible. We all bitch about PvE all the time.... why would we want that!? We've all grown accustomed to faster casting/swing speeds, tools, and toys etc...

Looking back and remember the past as being better than it actually was is called Declinism....it is a common phenomenon and 100% a factor on these boards.
  • See thats something I can deal with pre broadsword changes, but anything further back feels like playing in slow motion. I've tried the other places and while fun at first that quickly faded when you get out to rvr and have a 5s crit shot.....
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
  • I've been inactive for 3½ years, and I'm just waiting for the new server. It's not a nostalgic desire for a "classic" server. It's much more simple than that. The appeal of Ywain has fallen below a certain critical point (for me). A new server is by default just above this critical point.

The reasons for this are:
    1. The realmrank system has lost its meaning due to realmpoint inflation.
    2. There are too many high realmrank players (regardless of my own realmrank).
    3. Otherworld campaign and Curse campaign.

Ywain is not completely out of the picture for me, though. More than anything I want the game to evolve through design improvements. I don't want to go back in time. I'm much more interested in the future. However, Broadsword's usual approach of "surprising" us with new design has proven very ineffective (I'm referring to solo action, which is my main interest).
  • edited December 2019 PM
    I dont want a new server either. I like the game as it is. I dont like the low population.

@audizmann
    Whats exactly your problem with 1.? Does 1. not solve 2. bec you can catch up quickly? You dont need to be RR10 to compete.
    Whats your problem with 3.?

Post edited by Kroko on
  • @Kroko
    1. The realmrank system is a cornerstone of daoc. If you removed this system of progression and made everyone RR10 I would never touch the game. The progression is absolutely essential to the game, and the more *consistent* it is, the better. Imagine if a player told you he was RR10, but he admits to have farmed realmpoints by killing his own characters. What value would you apply to him being RR10? It would be meaningless to even try to apply any value, and that is how I feel about RP bonuses. I know most people don't care much, but I do.

2. There are too many high realmrank players because the game was not designed to last for 20 years, and because Broadsword added fuel to the fire with excessive realmpoint bonuses. I specifically said "regardless of my own realmrank" because it has nothing to do with catching up. The game makes better sense when the average player is low to medium realmrank. A new server has an advantage here by default.

3. My problem with OW and Curse is their very existence. I hated OW for numerous reasons (competing with realmmates for rare pickup ingredients being the prime example), and Broadsword added insult to injury with Curse (which I have never touched and never will). These campaigns were designed to create hype around each individual chapter. The items we are left with were an afterthought. I know you can probably buy everything with bountypoints now, which is certainly a good thing, but if it's all the same, then I would prefer if Broadsword recognized the general dislike for OW and Curse, by either removing them, or by offering a server that does not have them.
  • server/schmerver Give us Caladonia for some action
  • Well, when Curse/OW were introduced it was maybe very difficult to do them. And you only see a mountain of work, that you have to complete now. Maybe they asked too much with making them so difficult.
    But now its all been made easier. You just do it once per toon, and then youre done with it. Its no big thing anymore.
  • I have a hard time with the "we like the game how it is" argument.
    It's kinda irrefutable that there are both more people that have never played daoc, and more people that have played and left, than there are current players of daoc.

So to keep doing the same thing is appealing to the smallest possible audience lol. Do something else, make more money. Especially if the other thing isn't mutually exclusive to keeping ywain.
    im a eu-player, so i only can talk about our primetime situation...

We are at a point, where we cant do for everyone a perfect situation.
    I think we all want the same, more action and new/fresh "blood" ingame.

The situation for newbie´s/returning players are incredible hard, cause:
    - no helping guild/guys
    - no chance in lvl 50 rvr (because of rr, equip, class-expiercene and your not to motivate to learn cause totaly chanceless...)
    - a lot of content and no help/to mutch limits EC
    - and if you are frustrated, you pissed also about all little things you dont remember if you have fun... old graphic, old interface, bugs...etc.

Old players gonna leave cause:
    - no action solo/group/zerg (i mean there is only the crazy cow and a little anna-zerg in eu primetime)
    - you are bored about the old bugs that never get fixed...(pet pathinig... etc)
    - you spend 15 dollars for a old game and hopeing it getting better
    - to much players leave to the freeshards...

so what are the solutions? i think there is no solution that make it for everyone perfect. but you can do something for the general problem, to hold/bind more new and old players and try to upgrade there acc´s...

- a new server with todays patch-client, at that point new and old players need to talk, raid and build battlegroups **together**. (maybe after 2 years it should be possible to transfer our old toons from ywain to the new server... then the gap from newbies and old players is not sooooo big)

- change the limits by EC user´s. they should have a house, maybe only the basic one, to generate money in the houseing zone. this is one of the importent part in this game, farming and trade/sell/buy items... no realmskillpoint limit, maybe give them a limit earning rps each kill...the same on pvm exp, bountypoints, but dont limit the trades and useability from items, scrolls or blood seals.... the disadvantage gap is to big, and if you want to motivate ppl to upgrade her accounts you should hold the race tide... if they chanceless, then there are no motivation to continue the game

- change the monthly prices... this is a old game, and not everybody will spend so much money for it. and when the gap from EC to a payment account is not so big, a lot more ppl will upgrade... 5.000 acc by 15 dollers is lower then 10.000 by 10 dollers... and the next nice point, if more ppl are playing, there is much more action and you can hold much more players for a longer time ingame...

- Freezing ywain for something around 2 years, then let the ppl transfer her old toons to the new server.

so first we need more players, for sure if you dont limit them not so much, they could have everything in basic or slowley vs payment-acc they can have everything in big and fast... they will stay and they gonna pay if they wanna have it big or faster to be more competitive...

[edited]

the game has right now everything a mmorpg fans wants/needs. RVR, housing, crafting, pvm content, a lot of classes, battlegrounds, a lot of events and keep raids like no other game have it. what we need is new players and motivation for old players... on one side we have ppl they only wanna play rvr, cause they have every pvm content finished, some toons equiped and the other part are ppl they need everything, but without help they dont raid ow, cursed, artifacts, ml´s, co5 or what else cause they dont know nothing about it, and the most old players are sick of raiding pvm. with a new server we all must do it, and then we will have talking and grouping ppl and finding new friendships.

- do comercial...daoc needs it like 18 years... in eu its crazy, you must search for daoc to fiend something about it. so if you dont now that daoc exist, you dont fiend it... there are only 2-3 links (google) in german that daoc is right now f2p (some old links from 2017 that daoc getting some day to f2p)... and something around 5 links from nov 2019 (google) in english that the game is f2p right now...

- i dont now why daoc is not released on steam?! i think i was reading something from john in past, that they had to talk about it to EA... thats crazy... you do content, spending money and manpower for it and after finishing that work, you ask EA, if its ok to release daoc at steam, why you dont fix this questions not on 2017?!

- i love the game and im sure, if enough ppl know about the game, a lot ppl will come. cause no other mmorpg out there is catching me like daoc does it. because daoc has what a lot other games not have... 3 different realms/races, Keepraids like this, build a template complete free for you personal situation (there is no perfect set you must farm), the ra skilltree, the rp - rewards you can spend in equip or character evolution, 1on1- smallman vs smallman - 8vs8 - zerg vs zerg and everything in one zone and every secound it is possible that a bigger bus will rush you, so give that ppl outside of daoc the chance to know about daoc.

for my very bad english im very very sorry, but it burns on my soul to give you my 2cents to this situation. cause i really love the game and i cant understood why so much thinks are going like they do...

and for everyone who read this, think about it before starting flames, we had to do some compromise if we wanna continue to play daoc with fun, sometimes we had to cut a finger to rescue the hand..
    Post edited by Driralin on
    @AlaskaMike
    Everyone who left did it for another reason. Some dont want ToA, some dont want Curse/OW, some want RAs for free, ..... How should you bring together all these people?
    [edited]
    But maybe you just wait what BS has to say about a new server.
  • Kat wrote: »
    I would love to see just a simple roll back...to the time right before BS implemented their class balancing. Class balance was probably at it's best at that time.

I haven't tried all classes after the balancing, but some did actually get a lot better. Before that patch the BoneDancer had literally one spec that barely worked, everything else was pointless. Now it has three specs that work more or less well, given the base mechanics of that class. Also the Necro is definitely an upgrade to the one single spec you could have before that patch. They for sure also made some mistakes, but overall I would say the new classes are better than before, therefore I wouldn't want to play on a server with the old classes.
  • Any new server would negatively impact the current population. It's already difficult to find groups during non prime time in the US. I would much rather see BS's limited resources focus on balancing, events, and bug/mechanic fixes.
    @Kroko

---Can't quote, so bear with me...

Everyone who left did it for another reason. Some dont want ToA, some dont want Curse/OW, some want RAs for free, ..... How should you bring together all these people?
    ----Don't need to bring back all those people. Even a small portion is a huge increase to current subscriber count.

[edited].

But maybe you just wait what BS has to say about a new server.
    -----I have, for more years than EC was announced. And now we have EC....
    Im not interested in starting new every 6 months.
    AlaskaMike wrote: »

I have, for more years than EC was announced. And now we have EC....

Maybe change your strategy? Waiting is not very interesting.
    Post edited by Kroko on
    I have a hard time with the "we like the game how it is" argument.
    It's kinda irrefutable that there are both more people that have never played daoc, and more people that have played and left, than there are current players of daoc.

So to keep doing the same thing is appealing to the smallest possible audience lol. Do something else, make more money. Especially if the other thing isn't mutually exclusive to keeping ywain.

If you rolled out a new server with DF patch and kept some new stuff in and fine-tuned the rest, we could have a really good server. These new items were never meant to be. I love new gear, but they should have revamped ToA first and then keep things like BP quests and Bountycraft so players have a fair alternative to get gear they might be not able to through normal questing due to time constraints.

People said they hated ToA... HATED IT. Wasn't that because it took years to get your gear and MLs and level it all? I was not there for this time in DAoC, but I can suspect it was horrible. There's no reason for that now. Broadsword did a great job with the bountycraft system. It simplified everything.

Make the new server with regular sub and f2p, and make f2p restrictions only to RPs earned and give more monthly rewards for subbed players. Let us f2p players be able to /xp+/rp off, because lets be honest if I want to play molviik with a templated toon I'm clearly not taking him to NF ever, and I will never buy a silly xp/rp-off potion from MTX store, I would rather just not log in and that's one less body in the game that could be fighting other people and making players have a better experience