Customer support?

I recently created a free account to play while I decide if I want to resubscribe. It's been many years. So far I've been enjoying it, but I do have some reservations. I'm having an issue with a quest that won't advance after a turn in. I submitted an appeal, and the next 2 times I logged in, I got a pop up box asking if I want to refresh it, which I did. But the next time I logged in, I didn't get it, so I I /checkappeal, and there's nothing in the queue, so I resubmitted. Logged out. Next time in, no popup, no appeal in the queue. Submitted a third time, but next log in, it's gone again. Submitted a 4th time.

My question is, how good is customer support? Am I experiencing something unusual, or is this typical? I played EQ for 18 years, and quit about a year and a half ago because of non-existent customer support. I'm really hoping that's not the case here.
Tagged:

Comments

• Customer support is not that bad usually. But they have a small team.
    What kind of quest was that?
    You can also ask in forum or discord if you need some help.
  • @ZoeW can you check your email please? Including spam/junk folders. You should have an email if your appeal has been dealt with/removed :)
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • @ZoeW can you check your email please? Including spam/junk folders. You should have an email if your appeal has been dealt with/removed :)

I have an email stating my appeal was received.
    Kroko wrote: »
    Customer support is not that bad usually. But they have a small team.
    What kind of quest was that?
    You can also ask in forum or discord if you need some help.

It's not a matter of not knowing what to do, and needing advice. My quest step is to give the NPC an item. I gave it to him, saw emote text about him taking it and heating it in a forge. However, the quest still says to give it to him, and I no longer have it, because I gave it to him already.
  • I meant you can ask here to get an answer, as was just given.
  • Don't feel bad that happens to me alot so usually I just give up or ask on the Discord.

Very frustrating customer experience especially now in 2020.

GL
  • edited December 2019 PM
    We have 2019 still, as far as i know :p
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • /appeal has been 10% (gracious) of what it should be for 15 years.
  • Yep sorry bud your better off directing all questions to discord, don't think I've had a ingame csr contact to fix a issue for me in 7+ yrs
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
  • ZoeW wrote: »
    It's not a matter of not knowing what to do, and needing advice. My quest step is to give the NPC an item. I gave it to him, saw emote text about him taking it and heating it in a forge. However, the quest still says to give it to him, and I no longer have it, because I gave it to him already.

GL. My warrior still is bugged on curse with no fix.

"...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • I just appealed for the 7th time for the same thing. How sad.
    Why would I want to pay for a game with no support?
  • I'm guessing this quest is just outside the Coruscating Mine. Perhaps an old quest for the hero epic?
  • It's in Humberton
  • @ZoeW can you pm me the details please?
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • I am VERY happy to say this issue was just resolved in game.
    Thank you! I will be resubscribing my old account now.
  • Welcome back Zoew
  • edited December 2019 PM
    [trolling]
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on