Possibly worst f2p restriction so far...

Cannot dye armors unless you use omni-dyes which cost money. Out of all the things I can understand under f2p restrictions, this is just low.

Also, the dye merchants cost WAY more now. Is this game-wide or just for f2p accounts which can't even use them anyways? For example, charcoal dye used to be 6g now it's 100g. Black dye is now 250g..

Comments

• Its for all
  • The Bottomless dye pots given to people whose accounts were comprised years ago also do not work on EC.
  • edited December 2019 PM
    Everyone has to pay increased prices on the old dye NPCs.

I feel you, I got Mith to spend but won’t be buying an overpriced “Omni dye” unless they go on special.

GL
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • Dyes are cosmetics and a common MTX item in other MMOs. Not a big deal, imo.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
    Tyrantanic wrote: »
    Dyes are cosmetics and a common MTX item in other MMOs. Not a big deal, imo.

Considering they were part of the game since launch, and do nothing to effect anything other than to have something different and mix it up as you're playing. I can't imagine new players coming to the game and can't just mess around with dyes. literally wtf. It's just petty
    Post edited by Armagedden on
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »

Debatable since they jacked up the prices of the few dyes that's left.
    Removed other colored dyes and placed them onto an overpriced Mith store..
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    Tyrantanic wrote: »

Debatable since they jacked up the prices of the few dyes that's left.
    Removed other colored dyes and placed them onto an overpriced Mith store..

That's insane. I did not know they removed the dyes. I did notice the short list on the NPC dye merchant, but just assumed it was because I have a f2p account.

Can you still craft dyes in Alchemy?
  • Armagedden wrote: »
    Can you still craft dyes in Alchemy?

Yes but shhhh before BS raises the prices on that too for "economy" reasons

"...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • Dyes are still super cheap in Alchemy and they know about it too. No one is buying them off my merchant so I can only conclude the NPC price hike isn't an issue.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    Dyes are still super cheap in Alchemy and they know about it too. No one is buying them off my merchant so I can only conclude the NPC price hike isn't an issue.

Here ya go bud. https://amplitude.com/blog/2017/01/19/causation-correlation
  • @Fateboi Fair point. However, which dyes do you think they removed? All the dyes are still there from before the patch and the unique dyes are still craftable. They added new dyes to the Mithril merchant but I don't see anything suggesting they removed dyes from Alchemy or NPCs in the patch notes.
    @Fateboi Fair point. However, which dyes do you think they removed? All the dyes are still there from before the patch and the unique dyes are still craftable. They added new dyes to the Mithril merchant but I don't see anything suggesting they removed dyes from Alchemy or NPCs in the patch notes.

Endless Conquest accounts cannot use existing cloth dyes, leather dyes, enamels, weapon lusters, or burnishes but CAN use omni dyes.

https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/1126-pendragon-test-patch-notes *under omini-dye section
  • Right, but they didn't REMOVE any dyes. They only restricted EC players from using them. Hence, the omni dye system.
    [removed]
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
  • Personally I say remove all restrictions from EC accounts but give rewards to the subbed players, RP/Sup/Cel pots, etc. If you want to make more money add cool **** to buy on the Mith store like more vault space, bigger houses, decorations, more masks, mounts, xp pots, boxes with random **** in them (ml tokens/sup celerity pots/other fluff items), cool transmogs, **** like that.
  • Not a bad idea, Creap.
  • Remove the god damn 10s delay in region. What’s up with that? Is more stuff BS looking to break that inst broke? I really dont see why the delay, very annoying.
  • Delay is there cause of sengwu spamming that **** non stop everyday.
  • The carrot works better than the stick in games that are funded by people willingly paying for things that don't matter..

I'm all for completely locking dyes down for EC accounts like. Don't wanna look like a cheapskate? Don't be a cheapskate lol.

But locking actual game play altering stuff? Dunno about that...
  • @AlaskaMike you're totally right... after dealing with all these other restrictions as a f2p I then went to a dye merchant and low-and-behold I find out that I can't even dye armor. It was like and "icing on the cake" moment
  • Got a question that I don't wanna bother testing myself...
    Can you just trade a piece of armor to a subbed account, have em dye it and trade it back?
  • AlaskaMike wrote: »
    Got a question that I don't wanna bother testing myself...
    Can you just trade a piece of armor to a subbed account, have em dye it and trade it back?

THAT'S a goof work around if possible lol