I want to take a moment and thank John and the Broadsword staff during this holiday season.

edited November 2019 in General Board
Alot of you know me in game but then again i am sure a lot do not. . I have friends and enemies but one thing we all have in common is we love this game. I got the chance to visit Broadsword back in 2016 while on a business trip to Washington DC and got to meet John and staff. When i arrived I felt like a kid in a candy store when the elevator opened to the Broadsword offices.

From there John gave me a tour and for the small group they have they are doing a great job. Get this there are actually CSR's! I was blown away! Also let this sink in..EA wanted nothing to do with MMO's at one point but Rob Denton, John and the rest of the staff at the last minute collected as much stuff from Mythic HQ before they closed, formed Broadsword and saved this game for us because they loved Daoc. So i hope i speak for alot of players when i say i hope everyone at BS has a Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas.Thanks for keeping the game alive and for me that is one of the best Christmas gifts i can get every year. s15qz1j7gl1r.jpg
o6ynbdyv9tda.jpg

Post edited by Sepphiroth75 on
Tagged:
BS.jpg 281.1K
BS2.jpg 273.6K

Comments

• Is this just copy and paste from your old postcount thread?
    Even if so, thanks.
    O, and we could use some new holiday trophies.
    Heck, lets get a poll on who some of the KOS chars are and get some bounty poster trophies of them.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Happy Thanksgiving broadsword thanx for all the hard work
  • Dreamscape wrote: »
    Is this just copy and paste from your old postcount thread?
    Even if so, thanks.
    O, and we could use some new holiday trophies.
    Heck, lets get a poll on who some of the KOS chars are and get some bounty poster trophies of them.

yep! Every year i bump on Postcount and made a thread here. Is the current Daoc perfect? No but i wouldnt want to play any other game so i am thankful
  • some years ago, i was happy that BS had taken over from mythic and had taken the game away from life support where basically mythic was just keeping the servers running and not doing any more development. and then mythic started doing development and ... whatever i add here will just get deleted by mods.

now i long for the time that mythic just kept the game one life support and the game was static. most of the changes to the game that BS did have just unbalanced the game and driven people away from the game imho.

Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • This story needs to be retold every year...
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • Any maps of Catacombs hanging on the walls, yea those where the days...
  • A lot, two words. Seriously people stop using "alot" it's not a word! But this is a nice post. Warm and fuzzy.
  • Basically this thread is it. I mean. I am very grateful for their time and energy into something that has helped bring me (and many others) happiness over the last decade. We would do well to remember this in our interactions and heck, volunteer more to help test/debug.
  • much <3
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games