Realm Points

2»

Comments

• Zerg is not 100% mindless. You have to think about what you do, and learn. Someone never done it before, has to learn alot. Ofcourse you can just afk stick. But thats not what I do.

Yea spam ae spell on a mezz....good idea.

But nvm....bigger problem is maybe just the population. I dont see many 8man running. So we need more people to get more grps and more rps (for 8man ofcourse!).
  • Shoke wrote: »
    @Kroko zerg can be fun, it's a relaxed play style, chat with friends while having a great time, doesn't require that you have a group of friends to be successful.

But it is 100% mindless. Spam that ae spell you have on that bar and panic when you are caught not paying attention alone from your buddies.

I don't mind that zerges make good RPs, what I mind is that zerging, with the current format of RP rewards, is the best way to make RPs, and by a huge margin.

Every playstyle is mindless if you approach it that way. I play bgs/zergs the same way I did 8v8. Everything has a priority, 1) Peel for your group/Clear Pets/re-CC. 2) Interrupt priority classes. 3) Fill in on damage when able to. BG's aren't just about spamming an AE spell. It's about locking down and cc'ing priority targets forcing cd's allowing your team to be successful.

I'm not here to debate which playstyle takes more skill. Everyone has their own opinion. I'm saying that all facets of gameplay are different and everyone brings something to the game.
  • Zerging is mindless that doesn’t make it any less of a play style compared to pure 8.

This game is based on RVR instead of PvP for a reason m8.

GL
  • edited November 2019 PM
    Fateboi wrote: »
    Zerging is mindless that doesn’t make it any less of a play style compared to pure 8.

This game is based on RVR instead of PvP for a reason m8.

GL

Edit:

This game has seen some great players since release. What we have now are people saying their their playstyle is better than others. There is no playstyle that isn't mindless and there isn't any playstyle that is better than another. Everyone needs to get over it.
    Post edited by Daelin on
  • So - would like to amend my comment. Had some friends come back to DAOC specifically for EC. They have no desire to pay for daoc, but willing to check out EC. Their overall impression was "meh or "lame" due to the rps and ra cap. I don't think they are going to keep playing. They moved on from DAOC ages ago and there is nothing new to bring them back, except to play once in a while if it is free, but not if the rps/ras annoy them too much.

At this point, EC seems to be more of a free trial option than a true f2p model.
  • @Fateboi @Daelin you are twisting my comments.

All I said was that I do not think it is right to have the current RP system provide a huge difference between the zerging playstyle and the roaming playstyle.

Some balance is preferred, there is always a grey zone. Shouting "this game format is RvR not PvP" is as stupid as me saying that "zerging is for mindless lemmings".
  • Kat wrote: »
    So - would like to amend my comment. Had some friends come back to DAOC specifically for EC. They have no desire to pay for daoc, but willing to check out EC. Their overall impression was "meh or "lame" due to the rps and ra cap. I don't think they are going to keep playing. They moved on from DAOC ages ago and there is nothing new to bring them back, except to play once in a while if it is free, but not if the rps/ras annoy them too much.

At this point, EC seems to be more of a free trial option than a true f2p model.

Agreed on the trial aspect and I have mentioned it in other threads. They chose to reinvent their free trial model instead of ironing out a proper "free to play, forever" model from the start.
  • Hey guys,

Returning player here. I haven't played in probably 10+ years on Live. I'm currently on a paid account and decided to start a fresh new toon to try and relearn things to see how much Live has changed.

I have played 2 DAoC freeshards over the last 3-4 years. So I'm not a total noob to DAoC.

Here is what I've learned:

1. Leveling was very very easy and enjoyable.
    2. I've seen a handful of very friendly people that are willing to help with advice.
    3. The quests are straight forward and simple.
    4. Aside from the kings gear, getting a fully capped template is a nightmare. It's very expensive and not straight forward whatsoever. Luckily some kind people started running me through the turkey leg quests and told me about the BP buff pot. Sobthat has helped.
    5. The power gap in RvR is 200% insane. When 3 people can't even touch another player, there is something wrong there. 3v1, couldn't even scratch him. Mind you, we were in kings gear, all 3 of us RR2. The enemy was rr9. Obviously I don't expect to mop the floor with him, considering the RR disparity, but we literally did nothing to this guy but annoy him.
    6. We are earning decent coin. But the issue there is inflation. In the 8ish days I've been back, I've earned around 90plat (that's using 2 25p tokens that one of my toons had on it). I thought I was rich until I looked at the market explorer to item to help with my temp.
    7. Most of my guild came over here together. So we are about a 5-8 man most times. Most people play at different times so we don't run 8 very often. While we are out, we are facing (95%) of the time groups that are rr10+.. and most of those people are 11+. So, how do we compete against that? Here we are, everybody sub rr3, derping around in our kings gear trying to make BPs to scratch a temp together, nonstop getting farmed.

So.. we can barely earn the required BPs let alone earn any RPs.

I think there should be a system in place that helps new low RR toons earn RPs at a fast rate and then let is gradually slow down until a certain RR so we may actually compete with all these high RR people that took advantage of the good ole high RP days.

I wish I would have stayed in CV at this point because it's been pretty discouraging to say the least.

Cheers,
    Hwatt
  • Thirian24 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Returning player here. I haven't played in probably 10+ years on Live. I'm currently on a paid account and decided to start a fresh new toon to try and relearn things to see how much Live has changed.

I have played 2 DAoC freeshards over the last 3-4 years. So I'm not a total noob to DAoC.

Here is what I've learned:

1. Leveling was very very easy and enjoyable.
    2. I've seen a handful of very friendly people that are willing to help with advice.
    3. The quests are straight forward and simple.
    4. Aside from the kings gear, getting a fully capped template is a nightmare. It's very expensive and not straight forward whatsoever. Luckily some kind people started running me through the turkey leg quests and told me about the BP buff pot. Sobthat has helped.
    5. The power gap in RvR is 200% insane. When 3 people can't even touch another player, there is something wrong there. 3v1, couldn't even scratch him. Mind you, we were in kings gear, all 3 of us RR2. The enemy was rr9. Obviously I don't expect to mop the floor with him, considering the RR disparity, but we literally did nothing to this guy but annoy him.
    6. We are earning decent coin. But the issue there is inflation. In the 8ish days I've been back, I've earned around 90plat (that's using 2 25p tokens that one of my toons had on it). I thought I was rich until I looked at the market explorer to item to help with my temp.
    7. Most of my guild came over here together. So we are about a 5-8 man most times. Most people play at different times so we don't run 8 very often. While we are out, we are facing (95%) of the time groups that are rr10+.. and most of those people are 11+. So, how do we compete against that? Here we are, everybody sub rr3, derping around in our kings gear trying to make BPs to scratch a temp together, nonstop getting farmed.

So.. we can barely earn the required BPs let alone earn any RPs.

I think there should be a system in place that helps new low RR toons earn RPs at a fast rate and then let is gradually slow down until a certain RR so we may actually compete with all these high RR people that took advantage of the good ole high RP days.

I wish I would have stayed in CV at this point because it's been pretty discouraging to say the least.

Cheers,
    Hwatt

this x1000

The new changes have killed new/returning players from catching up. I made a tic for the heck of it and at RR2 with Bugganes and a battlefield pot up 2 solo kills net me 5k rps. Looking at the /stat rp lists people only get near 100k if they have been on for 6 hours+. The RPs for sub RR6 players needs a HUGE boost. Oh and the RA trees need a revamp, with some new RAs added to the mix.
    Technically there is a RR cathup mechanic, the buggane buff potion you have has a +75% RP at low RR, however +75% of zero is still zero.

At the moment, massive RPs can be made when participating in keep defense. So make sure your group goes to keeps because the "for the realm" bonuses are through the roof.

As for itemization, if you guys are a group of friends that can manage a couple unsuccessful runs, I'd do curse and OW tonget your gear and some BPs, instead of only relying on bountycrafting. They can be completed with a single group, however if it's your first time you'll wipe a couple times in the process.
    Post edited by Shoke on
    We have recently started doing the OW quests. Except we cannot get past the PKB step.

Can you explain the "for the realm" bonus? How does it work exactly? I have participated in a few keep defenses, although unsuccessful.

Also, can Curse be done with a single group? We have been keeping an eye out for an NA raid for that.
    Post edited by Thirian24 on
  • Thirian24 wrote: »
    We have recently started doing the OW quests. Except we cannot get past the PKB step.

Can you explain the "for the realm" bonus? How does it work exactly? I have participated in a few keep defenses, although unsuccessful.

Also, can Curse be done with a single group? We have been keeping an eye out for an NA raid for that.

Curse can be done with a single group. You will need a tank some heals/disease clear and dps. OW is definitely able to be done with less than a group. I have done it with just 4-5 people.

If your group gets good amount of kills and your realm wins the fight you will get a nice chunk of RPs. If you guys are having a problem with RPs while you get templated out I would suggest riding along with a zerg for a bit. Should help you hit rr5+ which will allow you to compete much better and hopefully by then you will have your templates completed.

What stage of OW and what realm? (Not sure what PKB step is) I can log in and help you guys with it on any realm if you need. I am willing to help you guys through curse as well it's all fairly simple.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • @Thirian24 I don't know what the pkb step is. But if you ask in discord you'll probably get someone to help you guys.

For the realm bonuses is the daily quest you complete by killing enemies during a keep siege. You need to get 25 DBs to complete the quest.

Keep sieges give great RPs atm because you get the For the Realm daily (25k RPs) + the RPs you make during the siege + the keep defense bonus.

As an example, last night my group participated in a defense of DDB, we ended up getting roughly 60k RPs in the process (got a 22k bonus).

Yes curse is doable with a single group. You'll bitch at first and wipe often, but eventually you will completenit.
  • Thank you both for the information. I'll be sure to get the quest for the keep defense. Is that a daily thing? Or does the quest stay until its completed?

The PKB step in OW is like step 7 I think. It takes place a Prydwyn Keep Bridge.

We are on alb during NA times. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You mentioned Discord. Does Live DAoC have its own Discord?
  • Live does have its own Discord. Look on the right side of these forums underneath New Discussion and join it. Definitely a good place to go for real time help / questions.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • It's a great place to get people for PvE content and to ask questions in the help channel. Mind you some players can seem like a**holes but you can just ignore them. There will be far more helpful people. It is the internet after all lol. My name is the same on there if you want shoot me a msg when you decide to run OW/Curse I can tag along and help. @Thirian24
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
    While I wouldn't suggest anyone to join the zerg, at this current time it is the best way to earn RPs.

They nerfed 8 man RPs into the ground, you won't get a whole lot roaming.
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • Thank you all for the help. I'll be reaching out to you soon, Impounded.
  • edited December 2019 PM
    On a sub rr5L0 toon you can make 175,000 bps per hour running Turkey legs. You can fully temp and craft every single item you need via bountycrafting.

3v1 you didn’t say what toons vs which rr9.
    Playing free shards for a few years apparently doesn’t translate to success on Live.

Hope you guys get templates and have some fun @Kroko

GL
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • edited December 2019 PM
    Lol. I mention free Sharp's once in a post to prove that daoc can be successful with a new server. I get edited and warned immediately.
    Multiple people actually saying they have fun on them here, and zero mod edits for a week. Hmmmm.

Oh, to this topic, I agree with a lot that's been said. :)
    Post edited by AlaskaMike on
  • With the new realm point system the Realm points have been taken from roaming 8/small mans and given to zergs. You can make 10x the rps/hour attack/defending keep and towers than a group of 8 can make roaming around looking for fights. RP quest were left in For Solo and zerg quests. My thoughts would be to reinstate the underpopulation bonus (You should be rewarded for selecting the realm with less population to balance the game). Make Battlefield potions stack with buggane draughts for subbed players. Make Battlefield potions craftable since you can no longer farm aurluite to buy them. And bring back the roaming with friends quest but at a reduced realm point reward say 10k. 500k bounty points for a rp bonus pot with 3 charges is also laughable imo.