Bug - Mentalist/Minstrel pet-charm

Good day,

There is a problem, that the charm (over level 50 Pet buff) from Mentalist (Light) and Minstrel ( Songs ) reduce extremly up to 100% if the pet does all the damage the Realmpoints, that you can get from a RVR-Kill. As well it is not possible to get the Solo quest done with this kind of pet. But without the pet, the minstrel is just a bad 1h skald without his songs during a fight.
Plz Carol/John make light-mentalist and minstrels great again.

with kindly regards, Siegert

Comments

• edited May 2018 PM
    Yorkeys wrote: »
    Good day,

There is a problem, that the charm (over level 50 Pet buff) from Mentalist (Light) and Minstrel ( Songs ) reduce extremly up to 100% if the pet does all the damage the Realmpoints, that you can get from a RVR-Kill. As well it is not possible to get the Solo quest done with this kind of pet. But without the pet, the minstrel is just a bad 1h skald without his songs during a fight.
    Plz Carol/John make light-mentalist and minstrels great again.

with kindly regards, Siegert

It has been this way pretty much forever. If you want solo kill credit best to use a mid/low (blue or yellow) range DPS pet that way you still get some DPS and it won't still your solo kill.

Please don't speak on/for Minstrel's ha
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • Just because it is there forever, does not mean, that it does not need a fix.
  • edited May 2018 PM
    The same happens to Animists.

A class that can summon a pet as part of their class kit should get a solo kill even if their pet assisted them - as the pet is part of their class. It's baked into their design and balancing. I suppose I can understand an exception for others who charm pets - but even then - if something is out of line that can be charmed, balance it. Don't punish people for playing within their kit.
    Post edited by Budikah on
  • On my animist if my main pet gets the deathblow I don't get solo kill credit. Happened twice last night. Both times i get jumped by assassin, he starts to lose so he hits vanish. Vanish wears off before he gets out of presience node and pet runs over and wacks him dead. No solo credit.
  • Budikah wrote: »
    The same happens to Animists.

A class that can summon a pet as part of their class kit should get a solo kill even if their pet assisted them - as the pet is part of their class. It's baked into their design and balancing. I suppose I can understand an exception for others who charm pets - but even then - if something is out of line that can be charmed, balance it. Don't punish people for playing within their kit.

These are my thoughts as well. It makes no sense to give classes an ability that robs them of a solo kill, especially with a solo quest that can be annoying to complete already.
  • You have to do the majority of the DPS to get the solo credit. Once your pet re pops the sin stick it on passive then DPS and get the death blow.
    Just a thought do you deserve “solo” credit if you are in fact duo or more with pets. Same thing with BD pets which are very high DPS when buffed.
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    You have to do the majority of the DPS to get the solo credit. Once your pet re pops the sin stick it on passive then DPS and get the death blow.
    Just a thought do you deserve “solo” credit if you are in fact duo or more with pets. Same thing with BD pets which are very high DPS when buffed.

They absolutely deserve a solo credit. IMO solo credit should apply only to help from another player. Why should they be punished for using abilities granted to their class?
  • edited May 2018 PM
    I have to agre with most on here that you shouldn't be punished for using your abilities. If you are a pet class then a pet shouldn't stop you from getting a solo kill.

On the flip side, I have had the ranger RR5 cost me a solo kill on a few occasions. Normally vs BD's and Cabalists since their pets hit for so much dmg. I do not believe that should be changed though, since it is not the rangers pet. It just makes the pet essentially a PvE mob that attacks the caster.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    You have to do the majority of the DPS to get the solo credit. Once your pet re pops the sin stick it on passive then DPS and get the death blow.

The BD pets are part of the Bonedancer though. That is my point. These classes are made and designed with these abilities in mind. The other aspects of the class are balanced and designed around the fact that they have access to said other abilities.

A solo kill should equal one player versus one player, using any tools available to them. Using a Bracer of Zo, using your class pets, etc - shouldn't negate the fact that you killed somebody solo, using all the skills your class has access to.

Essentially, if no other *player* intervened, there shouldn't be an issue, at least how I see it.
  • edited May 2018 PM
    I agree @Budikah. Would be no different then a ranger not getting solo credit because he used bow in a fight. It's a skill our character is based around and you shouldn't be punished for using your class skills to get a kill.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on