dem warlocks

the warlock level 50 pbaoe spell is now useless imho.

the other pbaoe casters received a new spell with 100 points extra delve. awesome. making pbaoe great again. 30 % increase in delve, nice.

warlocks received a snare and an uninterruptible component. different, but equally great. not sure what the point is in the snare though, but the uninterruptible component is cool. 30 % less damage when both cast normally, but almost equal damage to other pbaoe who use moc. good trade off imho after the last nerf to uninterruptible primer which made all the secondary spells worse in damage output and power consumption. so nerf secondaries and boost the pbaoe by making it uninterruptible instead of raising it's damage with 100 delve, yes, cool. i can live with that compromise.

but BS, in their infinite wisdom, took away the uninterruptible component, which leaves us with just a snare ... and to even get that we lose the level 22 uninterruptible primer and have to use the level 12 primer. so instead of doing 65 % of normal damage at a cost of 25 % powerpool for each cast, it's not 60 % of normal damage at a cost of 32 % of the powerpool... to get a snare effect.

Garbage. that's not even an improvement in my book, but making it a worse spell to do pbaoe. add the increase in outright resist rate by making the pbaoe a combo spell and ...

Garbage. this isn't pbaoe love, this is a middle finger to warlocks and a joke.
Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.

Comments

• 100% agree
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • Agree 100% also. I played my warlock last night. Totally worthless spell. If your gonna put it that high it should be 425 damage with the snare or make it 100% uninterruptable and cost the same Mana as the level 45 pbaoe. Something has to change, it's Garbage and a waste of a slot in curse line. :neutral:
    Asatruar - Ronnie 10 "
    Corpseshovel - Oldstanky - Nogvi

The reason people hate to PvP is they are afraid of failure
  • At this point @John_Broadsword It's not fair u just gimped our ability to hold keeps and or have a sliver of a chance to successfully defend a keep against Hero. I Can't even put in words how unfair / Devastating some of the changes that u have done with mid are without even ANNOUNCING THEM. *All of my feelings put aside* From a tactical standpoint the UI AOE was the only thing that was giving mids hope when defending a keep not enough mids *that want to defend a relic* play tank classes nor do we have a good leader to tell us what to do when defending relics etc. Now I can tell u exactly what will happen in a keep fight from now on if the changes to the aoe isn't reverted back, Hero will without a doubt send his tanks in the keep do his thing clearing the CY, Open the front door to the keep for his casters, the casters will then with EASE suppress any casters on the wall because he runs over 30+ casters in bg, he will then open inner door send up tanks first to eat traps, then he will tell his tanks to pop cloaks / muse and go in and power tap the aoe with everyone else following suite. This is how it's been for a long time even before EC and there's nothing mids can do, No gameplan can help when 20 mids are fighting 80+ hibs. (Especially with the WL losing that UI aoe) Now that they have to spec the moc they will lose 25% power per cast plus tanks powerleaking ; If lucky they will get x3 casts off before losing power. I am not bringing sm's into this equation only because the 425 aoe is good ONLY IF they aren't getting powerleaked by 20+ tanks then it's meaning less in keep fights. If needed I will show u a video of how fast we lose power when getting power tapped even with using (Omnipotence pots + Power Ra's). All in all I say take away whatever but give the UI back it was the only thing helping mids stand a chance against hero in keeps and if needed give do the same for other realms take away something but give them UI aoe at base 325 dmg (I can't be bias) it's only fair. To compensate just put powerleak back to 300 radius or it's previous value. But this change is needed if u want to see any action during keep defenses.
  • Tell you what as satisfying as it was seeing the mids lose that UI AOE. I do believe that y'all stand absolutely no chance against hero now :D. I play a hero (Balifas) in game and the comment above pretty much hit the nail on the head once hero find out that the aoe is interruptible now we wont even have to pop cloak to push the lord room we just go in and power tap ez win. I would like to see a bigger fight / put up from the mids when fighting relic but seems the mid pop is bad when hero is running. Lol i don't wanna say to much but if it helps yall out a bit I say just revert it back to 2.0 speed or make warlocks a bomber class like they should be. But relic take today was probably the easiest we have every done it since ec dropped :D. Goodluck *Happy hunting*
  • I cannot speak to the Warlock PB change nor can I provide anything useful in that regard. However, stating that the change was bad because you struggle to defend against the Hero Hib BG during EU prime is not a sound argument. Lack of leadership and poor coordination is a community problem that cannot be solved by Broadsword. We do not have this problem during NA prime because we work together as a community. Solve the problem by organizing yourselves. Hero is predictable. Do not use a community issue as a crutch for a class balance decision.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • edited November 2019 PM
    Nothing to say here other than we just got nerfed into the ground and I question whether john is even in control of this game. We ask and ask and mention and mention but all our questions go unanswered and that will be the same with this thread unfortunately I've exhausted all of my mental capabilities on suggesting changes etc. I think at this point John needs to do a podcast Make a forum with a vote on a Representative to speak to from every realm and take time to listen to what people want / don't want. But leaving a message that you know will go unanswered is getting pretty old and I don't even know what to think about the situation anymore other than we the long time veteran player and even some new players are being ignored. Hope u see this @John_Broadsword + comment.

- Avel
    Post edited by Olfura on
    I know I'm going to sound like a dick, but is this another qq thread from mids?

When we do run into towers, all we see are warlocks. If they were that terrible I suppose you would only see SMs?
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • Shoke wrote: »

When we do run into towers, all we see are warlocks. If they were that terrible I suppose you would only see SMs?

last weekend, it actually took herorius some time and tactics (sending tanks and sojo's through the lord room to the roof to clear that out and kill support, really smart of him) before he could tackle the lord room and win (but even last weekend, with the uninterruptible warlocks, he won all keep fights and took relics), now with anna bg and even more mids online, he just waltzed in and wiped us. only when the irc showed up last night at glenlock did he say '**** this', i'm out. and unfortunately the irc crew is a game changer for whatever realm they decide to defend a keep on.

i predict very few people playing curse warlocks in the future. atm, it's not worth playing a curse lock.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Dale_Brice wrote: »
    Tell you what as satisfying as it was seeing the mids lose that UI AOE. I do believe that y'all stand absolutely no chance against hero now :D. I play a hero (Balifas) in game and the comment above pretty much hit the nail on the head once hero find out that the aoe is interruptible now we wont even have to pop cloak to push the lord room we just go in and power tap ez win. I would like to see a bigger fight / put up from the mids when fighting relic but seems the mid pop is bad when hero is running. Lol i don't wanna say to much but if it helps yall out a bit I say just revert it back to 2.0 speed or make warlocks a bomber class like they should be. But relic take today was probably the easiest we have every done it since ec dropped :D. Goodluck *Happy hunting*

last weekend, we were able to hold keeps and get some rp for some time before hero took the keeps (and relics), now, we just get overrun while we have our own BG defending and communicating. it's hopeless from our perspective now. and the 2.0 speed was imho a bug that needed fixing, yeah. no reason for an extra 20 % cast speed and hence 20 % extra damage on top of the uninterruptible pbaoe, after that was fixed, it was 'reasonably' balanced imho.

for all i care, get rid of the snare and if needed make the level 50 pbaoe a non secondary spell (so no more range/radius bonus + no more powerless pbaoe spam at a 20 % cast speed penalty) and bring back the uninterruptible component.
  • I wish that the change to Warlocks had waited just a bit to be implemented so that the overall effect could be evaluated. I also still haven't seen where the change was announced on the Herald. which bothers me because maintaining open communication is critical. We need all those Mids out there so that we have enemy to hug and to be honest once we figured out how to deal effectively with the little spinning critters, they were a tasty treat for RPs.

ywgxw9bbtblc.bmp
    Bumblebunny to the rescue !
  • Your not getting this rabbits rps @Siambra
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    I cannot speak to the Warlock PB change nor can I provide anything useful in that regard. However, stating that the change was bad because you struggle to defend against the Hero Hib BG during EU prime is not a sound argument. Lack of leadership and poor coordination is a community problem that cannot be solved by Broadsword. We do not have this problem during NA prime because we work together as a community. Solve the problem by organizing yourselves. Hero is predictable. Do not use a community issue as a crutch for a class balance decision.

OP said nothing about hero.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • Agree with OP. Either up the delve to match the other realms pbaoe or un nerf the UI Primer to pre-patch.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    for all i care, get rid of the snare and if needed make the level 50 pbaoe a non secondary spell (so no more range/radius bonus + no more powerless pbaoe spam at a 20 % cast speed penalty) and bring back the uninterruptible component.

this actually makes no sense, if they make it a non-secondary spell then you can't use the UI primer for it either.

why not just get moc5 like every other caster?
  • From his viewpoint, 75% damage of damage already 30% lower than other pbaoe classes is a non starter. And I think I'd agree.

Getting to fiddle again with my warlock over the weekend, it just reaffirmed how crap the UI primer is. It could use a second look given all the changes the class has suffered.
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    I cannot speak to the Warlock PB change nor can I provide anything useful in that regard. However, stating that the change was bad because you struggle to defend against the Hero Hib BG during EU prime is not a sound argument. Lack of leadership and poor coordination is a community problem that cannot be solved by Broadsword. We do not have this problem during NA prime because we work together as a community. Solve the problem by organizing yourselves. Hero is predictable. Do not use a community issue as a crutch for a class balance decision.

I think this is a fair criticism. We could all do better, and we ourselves are probably capable of more than we realize.

But, at the same time, it does sound a bit like your solution to everything is "just get good" or "get good like me". I hope you could appreciate how vacant such reasoning is.

The particular issue I see with EUTZ and Midgard is too many from Mid and Alb both just have given in and play Hib during that 3-4 hour timeframe. It's just simpler. Even the allegedly elite players do the same thing, because their egos can't take the bruising of dieing to inferior players in greater numbers.

After Hero logs, 10-2- Mid magically appear and I've observed a similar number on Alb - although the two hours between Hero sunset and Rescu sunrise does tend to be Mid dominant.

For the long term sustainability of the game, you can't just have black holes like this where it's only feasible to successfully play one realm (or two at most of the three). This doesn't mean anyone needs overpowered classes. But perhaps some objectives could be introduced which favour smaller realms defending against larger numbers. Or further restrictions on freedom of movement may be needed.
  • @Dale_Perf my response was intended for @ReviveDaoc4Lifex and the imminent Hero argument.

@Mctana I think you're aware that Hib NA prime was a deserted wasteland a bit over a year ago apart from defending relics that Hero captured. It became the most populated realm over time because of consistent leadership. The best part is, we have 3 BGs (one in each Realm) during NA prime for most of the week and I'm not involved. This means other people have stepped up and filled in the voids when needed. It can be done during EU prime, it just takes consistency and patience. I've done my part and shown it pays off if you care for RvRvR.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
    UI cast was clearly over the top with range primer, half of mids been strict warlocks, which means its value is much greater then 100 delve. Likely we see more SMs now, but Warlock as a class won't be the best PBAoEr thats for sure. If thats fair or not, thats another argument, but UI range primer cast of new PB was clearly over the top.

Witchcraft warlocks still very nice, for cursed a little better spec-dd would be more then enough compensation for the lower PB, uninterruptable primer well.. thats a different spec-offspec tbh, there was a reason it was separated (same reason as taking away UI PB now).

Edit: or build in like 10-15% resist debuff in lower value PBs instead of snare, that would be similar.
    Post edited by Gavner on
  • You see my lock is 50 hex and 20 curse and i dont think im gimped at all i have a 50%matter debuff and a secondary aoe dd with a snare a single target energy life tap that delvs for 189 if im right and a baseline spirit dd and a aoe second 1min 12sec root.

Im not gimp with that sep as i can rupt a ton nonstop wile being hit do i need to pb in a defense no i just aoe everything that inters sight and wile doing that most bgs cant do a thing with casters even if they moc the cant stop me.

Warlocks are not the poor class that got the nerf just look at hib 3 out of the 4 casters can stun. You just need to know how to play them right its not all about dps leave that to the others

Just watch me in game on thisnameisforme.
  • KoeKoe
    edited November 2019 PM
    Shoke wrote: »

You only see locks because it was the lone pbaoe class on Mid for 10 years. (SM was never viable) That's all there was and nobody has an SM for rvr (except the one guy who doesn't play anymore and several 8maners). At least the SM spec now gets a DD, so someone might roll one, but it's still much more fun to play wiz/cab/eld/chant pbaoe specs.

I won't rehash the OP concern because I raised it several times prior to the patch.
    Post edited by Koe on
  • Gavner wrote: »
    UI cast was clearly over the top with range primer, half of mids been strict warlocks, which means its value is much greater then 100 delve. Likely we see more SMs now, but Warlock as a class won't be the best PBAoEr thats for sure. If thats fair or not, thats another argument, but UI range primer cast of new PB was clearly over the top.

Witchcraft warlocks still very nice, for cursed a little better spec-dd would be more then enough compensation for the lower PB, uninterruptable primer well.. thats a different spec-offspec tbh, there was a reason it was separated (same reason as taking away UI PB now).

Edit: or build in like 10-15% resist debuff in lower value PBs instead of snare, that would be similar.

like i said before, give back the uninterruptible component, make it a non secondary spell and lose the snare. no reason for the hidden bonus of being able to ignore powerleak with the powerless primer on it or to have increased radius on it with the range primer.

failing that, just get rid of the snare and make it the same delve as the other pbaoes.
  • You always complaining about class you are playing , warlock still a very good class and dont need love .
  • Hellblast wrote: »
    You always complaining about class you are playing , warlock still a very good class and dont need love .

do you play one ?
  • Yes sometimes i play my lock and they still very strong .