Guild Leader Auto-Promote

Does this still work with EC?

After playing EC for a few days, I re-sub'd. The last person to log in to DAoC, from my guild, was OVER four (4) months ago and all my character are currently rank nine (9). I was unable to access my guild house and I haven't seen anything as to auto-promoting my character.

Did EC break the auto-promote functionality?

Please advise as to my next step(s) to re-gain my guild house back.

Regards,
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• IS there a way to see who is anon on your guildpage ??
  • Can I please get an answer from BS on this? I put in a ticket yesterday, no response, I posted here, no response, but a post asking about ROGs for BPs gets almost an immediate response?
  • edited November 2019 PM
    Here is the response I received from BS:

Greetings and thank you for contacting Dark Age of Camelot Online In-Game Customer Support.

We are contacting you regarding your appeal, Ticket#: 9232040.

If a guild leader is inactive for more than 45 days, they will be demoted and a new guild leader will be chosen out of eligible accounts who have been active for more than 45 days. We suggest that you wait for this to occur, as in-game support can not edit guild rosters.

If you would like to see changes made to our Auto Promote system, please submit any suggestions via the Feedback Form on the Camelot Herald at http://darkageofcamelot.com/contact

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and do not hesitate to re-appeal should you require any further assistance.

Thank you for playing Dark Age of Camelot!

Dark Age of Camelot In-game Customer Support Broadsword Online Games

Here is the policy from https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/rules-conduct:

Guilds are an integral part of Dark Age of Camelot. In order to ensure the longevity of any guild, we must make sure that every guild has a Guild Leader (guild rank 0) with the authority to make critical changes in guild structure and guild setup. We assume that if a guild leader is absent for more than 3 weeks, that the guild leader has abandoned the guild (for whatever reason). At this point we will auto-promote a new guild leader from within the guild. The system works as follows:

1. If we see that there are no active Guild Leaders within a guild (anyone with guild rank 0), for a period of two weeks, then we send an e-mail to the missing Guild Leader(s). This e-mail informs them that if they do not log in within the next week, they will forfeit their position, as Guild Leader and someone else will be promoted to fill the position.

2. If no Guild Leader character is logged in for a period of three weeks, then we will automatically demote the old Guild Leader to rank 1 within the guild, and promote a new Guild Leader from within the ranks of the guild. The system will promote the next active (logged in within the last week) highest ranked character within the guild. If there is more than one character of that next highest rank, then the character with the most played time within that rank will be promoted.

3. The old Guild Leader will be sent an e-mail explaining the actions that were taken.

4. The new Guild Leader will be send an e-mail explaining the actions that were taken.

5. Once these changes are made, the new Guild Leader is in command of the guild, and the changes will not be reversed for any reason.

Where does it says anything about having an active account for 45 days? And how does BS NOT have access to the guild rosters?

All I'm asking is to promote one of my toons BACK to GL and give me access to my guild once again.

Thoroughly puzzled by this response and dismissal,
    Post edited by SagaciousOne on
  • i thought they dropped them to rank 9 :/ when they were not around...
  • Where does it says anything about having an active account for 45 days? And how does BS NOT have access to the guild rosters?

3 weeks = 21 days... that's even less time than the 45 days you're inquiring about

They stated their "in-game support can not edit guild rosters".
  • Only thing about guilds is that even if no one is in it or has been for years the name is unavailable. re: celtic rangers
    Only left it because there were no members left. Love the name. We were on Palomides.
  • The email states 45 days and the documentation states 3 weeks. Yes, I know that 3 weeks = 21 days (good call on that one)... That still doesn't account for the discrepancy between the email and the documentation and if they can just make the change without having to wait.

• Looks like my current in-game /appeal was closed without notification. This is NOT a resolved issue. This seems like such a simple request/action, yet no response here on the forums either to rectify the issue or resolve the ambiguity between the policy and the email received.

Here is the list of CSR expectations per their page: https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/rules-conduct

====================================

The following is what you can expect from DAoC Customer Support. This list is by no means all inclusive, but is intended to provide a general understanding of what can be expected from our support structure.

1. In-Game Customer Service Representatives (CSR) are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
    2. Telephone and E-mail Support is available from 11am - 8pm EST, Monday - Friday.
    3. You will get a timely response to your question or concern, based upon CSR workload. You will not receive a response to "How Do I" types of issues.
    4. You will receive unobtrusive and professional support.
    5. We will make every attempt not to interfere with you or the game, unless absolutely necessary in the performance of our duties.
    6. You will be treated fairly and equitably.
    7. Any incident that could be construed as a violation of our policies will be investigated fully, with the benefit of the doubt being given to the customer, prior to action being taken.
    8. All disciplinary action will be resolved as quickly as possible, and will be based on the severity of the violation, the situation in which the violation occurred, and your account history.
  • Heya,

I hope I can shine some light on the guild autopromotion feature and some other questions raised here. Let's go!

If no guild leader is active for 30 days, a period of 14 days begins to count down during which the current, but inactive guild leader has the chance to log in to keep the status as guild leader. Two emails will be sent out during this time to inform them that the process has started.
    -> if a rank 0 character that is eligible to be guild leader (on a Veteran account) logs in during this 14 days period, the autopromotion process is cancelled, no changes happen.
    -> if no rank 0 character that is eligible to be guild leader logs in during this 14 days period, a new character will be automatically promoted to rank 0. It will be the highest ranking active character on a Veteran account.

The 45 days period therefore are 30 days (of inactivity) + 14 days (of continued inactivity) that have passed, so on day 45, the autopromotion takes place.

If no guild member is active, the autopromotion feature is dormant. Once the first member becomes active again, it is triggered, and the 30 + 14 days that need to pass until an autopromotion happens start ticking down.

There is one thing that may stop the successful autopromotion, and that is if a character was deleted while it was rank 0 in a guild. This is no longer possible today, but used to be so in the case of older guilds, this might have happened and can keep the autopromotion feature from working correctly. In such cases, our Customer Support Team can and will of course be happy to assist by removing the deleted character from the guild roster, so the autopromotion feature can properly kick in. In all other cases, since guilds are an integral part of the community and player interaction, we do not interfere with guild rosters even though yes, of course, we have the ability to. This includes cases of internal power struggles and quarrels over guild leadership. Customer Support will not interfere.

Endless Conquest accounts are not eligible to be guild leaders. Thus, if the only active characters in a guild are on Endless Conquest accounts, the autopromotion feature will not be triggered until a guild member character on a Veteran account logs in. Only characters on Veteran accounts will be automatically promoted to guild leader.

Since we are talking guilds anyways, one more thing:
    A common misconception is that a guild belongs to the player who founded it, and that this player has a right to it. This is not correct. A guild belongs to the guild, not a player, and there is no right to be reinstated as guild leader if the guild leader status was lost.

The same applies to the guild house including all inventory, decoration, vault space, items in the vault or on the merchant, coin on the merchant etc. - these assets belong to the guild as entity, not a player, not the guild leader. Once something is placed in a guild house, vault, or merchant, ownership of it is transferred to the guild. It is the guild's sole responsibility to make sure permissions are set in such a way that only players who should have the rights to access these assets actually have the right to do so. Customer Support will not interfere in cases of dispute.

It's also the same for guild ranks and permissions - if a guild leader promotes someone to be rank 0, then this player has all the rights to invite and promote other players at own will, too. Customer Support will not interfere in case of dispute, and not demote anyone or remove as guild leader.

I hope that cleared things up about guilds! Let me know if you need any further clarification on specific points please.

I've also checked your account, SagaciousOne, based on the ticket number you provided. The appeal you placed on 11/18/2019 8:06:01 PM was resolved via email on 11/19/2019 1:16:10 AM with the email you quoted above, which I hopefully was able to explain to you with this posting. There was no new in-game appeal after that from this account, so there is no current in-game /appeal that has been closed without notification. If you need assistance with any other issue, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team any time! Due to a high amount of appeals at the moment, response times may be a bit increased but other than in the quoted case of "How Do I" types of issues as well as multiple appeals on the same issue opened by the same account, every appeal will be answered either in-game or via email. Emails unfortunately may end up in the spam folders, so please check it too if you are waiting for a reply, and in some rare cases emails from Customer Support are not being delivered by the email provider; so if an appeal that should receive a reply doesn't resolve in an email in your inbox or spam folder after 72 hours, send me a direct message here with your account name and I will be happy to check the status for you!
    DAoC German Community Admin
    Broadsword Online Games

Shileahs Camelot-Kompendium - DAoC-Infos auf Deutsch
    Shileah of House Dara, the First of Her name, the Unressed, Master of Stickloss, Queen of Inc-Screams, Purge-Fails and lost Line of Sight, Breaker of Mezz, Mother of Doggos
  • Thanks for the response, but I don't see anything in the policy that indicates a 45day waiting period. At most, a 3 week (21day) wait.

Guilds are an integral part of Dark Age of Camelot. In order to ensure the longevity of any guild, we must make sure that every guild has a Guild Leader (guild rank 0) with the authority to make critical changes in guild structure and guild setup. We assume that if a guild leader is absent for more than 3 weeks, that the guild leader has abandoned the guild (for whatever reason). At this point we will auto-promote a new guild leader from within the guild.

According to the above policy, 3 weeks after a GL is absent, a new GL is auto-promoted.

Where is the following coming from because it's not from your current policy?
    "If no guild member is active, the autopromotion feature is dormant. Once the first member becomes active again, it is triggered, and the 30 + 14 days that need to pass until an autopromotion happens start ticking down."

Sorry, I am NOT following this line of thought with the current policy rules.

You can clearly see that no one has been on-line for over 120days (4 months) and yet I'm still supposed to wait 45days because of what? 45days is not in your policy. This is an amazing way to retain subs.

45 days is outside the basic monthly sub. I know BS is pushing for subs with the release of EC, but this is a bit overdoing it. So, I guess the NEW policy is to force people to sub and, in this instance, sub for 2 months to resolve an issue that is a non issue because the time frame would be over in the first month (3weeks max).

So by your logic, I should play/pay for your game, without being in the guild I started, for a period of 45 (paying for 2 months), then be able to be in my guild. I'm truly puzzled by this thought process. Who would want to do that?

Again, this seems so simple, promote one of the eligible characters in the guild to GL now, it's been 120days since the last GL logged in, or promote them 3weeks from when they first logged in, as per your policy.
  • edited November 2019 PM
    The route I took to locate the information I obtained.

https://darkageofcamelot.com/
    https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/support-welcome
    https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/support-center
    https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/rules-conduct

And you are right, https://darkageofcamelot.com/article/guild-autopromote-update1 is NOT included on their site, so I went off the information provided by the official site.

Making someone sub for 2 months for an issue like this, just to finally get access back, is ridiculous.

Maybe updating their documentation would be helpful too...

Regards,
    Post edited by SagaciousOne on
  • You are right insofar as that there is outdated information on the Camelot Herald. A new site has been in the works for a while now, and with it updated information. Apologies for the confusion this has caused! In cases such like this, the last and deciding word is that of Customer Support, which has informed you via email about the current policy, to which there are no exceptions.

The guild autopromotion feature and the way it works is not new, and has not been changed with the release of Endless Conquest. You already linked to the most recent article on it, https://www.darkageofcamelot.com/article/guild-autopromote-update1, which contains a link to https://camelotherald.fandom.com/wiki/Guild_Maintenance_Policy , which explains the process in the way I outlined it here, too.

DAoC German Community Admin
    Broadsword Online Games

Shileahs Camelot-Kompendium - DAoC-Infos auf Deutsch
    Shileah of House Dara, the First of Her name, the Unressed, Master of Stickloss, Queen of Inc-Screams, Purge-Fails and lost Line of Sight, Breaker of Mezz, Mother of Doggos