I came back on my F2P account AND!!

...It kinda sucked

Came back under free account (been gone 180+ days)
Total log in time about 2 hours (12:00-2:00 EST today, a Saturday)
Solo'd for one run and got 3 kills, did /who+/who NF, multiple times and biggest pop on alb NF during this time was 60...

Worst part? I killed a rr11 skald for full credit and got 1200 RPs... TWELVE HUNDRED!!!! less than 3k RPs from 3 kills today ALL WORTH... Was getting 4k+ per high rr kill before I left the game this past winter.

The population is still crap, the restrictions on F2P account seem a little ridiculous, and from what I've read on the forums from the last few days there are still tons of class imbalances, and probably everything that made me leave the game in the first place is still going full-force.

I'll play here/there until my pots/charges on my toons run out since I cant make any more or access my house for more, but after that I'll be done I think others will be too.

Only way you're getting me to sub for this game again is rolling it back to DF revamp, otherwise this game isn't worth paying any money to play

Comments

• You have to expect progression on a a F2P account to be noticeably slower than a subscription. Otherwise, there's little appeal to be subbed. Regarding houses, repossession has been disabled for a while now so you're locked out unless you resub. However, based on their recent monthly poll, it sounds like housing will be the next focus so I'm hoping they at least allow houses to be repossessed so EC players can claim their items / money without resubbing.

Class balance isn't nearly as bad as it was a couple years ago. I think the game is at an okay spot class wise. Maybe some small tweaks here and there but that's it.

The population has doubled compared to a few months ago and it remains higher for longer (peak to trough population isn't largely different). Current population is also comparable to some of the alternatives floating about. It's not surprising that we didn't see a huge spike considering advertising is minimal and only started with release. Additionally, the restrictions have put off players from returning which can be changed so long as people keep submitting feedback. Broadsword has been more active in regard to community feedback and bug fixing now than ever before. I wouldn't give up yet. Give it some time for BS to flesh out the F2P model.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • EC action is still getting worked out, but I have to say it was great to fight somewhere else than on EV. Got 7-8 8v8 fights on EV and had to go to berk/eras/beno to get zerg action.

Just a nice change of pace from lapping EV between the 3 towers
  • I'm confused. How did a f2p kill a RR11?
  • Dont know at which time you play, but we just had 250 people in hib. So population is increasing. Lots of people are coming back.
    1200 rps is very little, not sure if thats the standard. I made in bg this week alot of rps.
  • Kroko wrote: »
    Dont know at which time you play, but we just had 250 people in hib. So population is increasing. Lots of people are coming back.
    1200 rps is very little, not sure if thats the standard. I made in bg this week alot of rps.

It's definitely not normal. Obviously they nerfed the RPs per kill on F2P accounts and imo it's a bit excessive
  • Armagedden wrote: »
    Kroko wrote: »
    Dont know at which time you play, but we just had 250 people in hib. So population is increasing. Lots of people are coming back.

It's definitely not normal. Obviously they nerfed the RPs per kill on F2P accounts and imo it's a bit excessive

Anecdote, but my one buddy made ~350 rps on a kill for which I made 1,350. I was RR12.

I know that veterans account have a permanent hidden buff or whatever, but EC seems severely neutered.

Sub. Problem solved.
  • Buffsteria wrote: »
    Armagedden wrote: »

Sub. Problem solved.

The game still isn't worth paying a sub. That's the whole reason why so many left. I would love a true F2P model with a big MTX store. That, or $4.99 sub because again, it isn't worth $15 right now
  • For what it worth is pretty subjective. For those that play really often (like I do), a cinema ticket price ain't too much for the entertainment value. For others who value other games over/same level as daoc, and doesn't mind playing different games may be.
    Buffsteria wrote: »

Sub. Problem solved.

The game still isn't worth paying a sub. That's the whole reason why so many left. I would love a true F2P model with a big MTX store. That, or $4.99 sub because again, it isn't worth $15 right now

Or $15/mo for access to all 3 realms, $5 for just one.

Sub. Problem solved.

So what you're saying is you have no intention of subbing so instead are wanting to get as much as possible while freeloading. The EC account RP gain may need to be adjusted but it should be nowhere near as much reward as a sub account.
  • edited November 2019 PM
    Sovereign wrote: »

Sub. Problem solved.

So what you're saying is you have no intention of subbing so instead are wanting to get as much as possible while freeloading. The EC account RP gain may need to be adjusted but it should be nowhere near as much reward as a sub account.

^^^^

Plus, you can purchase RP/BP pots via MTX to boost RPs and BPs on EC accounts. They're less expensive than a sub.
    Post edited by Ciddire on
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    It's not surprising that we didn't see a huge spike considering advertising is minimal and only started with release.

:)
  • 7 /played days is quite a bit of play time. Noticed my mino hero cannot play unless subbed and that one is somewhere above RR5. However, I have plenty of characters which do have 7 /played so there is a lot of opportunity for some fun with those.
    Been noticing a lot more people on lowbies so it looks like many people are trying this out. I was pleasantly surprised to see I can continue to play old main characters, with a few restrictions, notwithstanding. It is nice being able to participate in game with no frustration.
  • Yea, alot of people are leveling now.
  • edited November 2019 PM
    Sovereign wrote: »

Sub. Problem solved.

Yes exactly. [not needed] ANYWAYS ... on the flip-side of that however, If there was a truly F2P model with a healthy population, I can definitely see myself dropping the equivalent (or more) on the MTX store instead of a sub.

Let's just hope they keep heading in the right direction

Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
  • Shall they ask you which wishes you have, before next patch?
  • Kroko wrote: »
    Shall they ask you which wishes you have, before next patch?

They know what they did. Anyways it's the principle of the matter. I quit my sub because I was tired of having the content I paid for ruined over any over again. I'm not just going to keep giving my money to someone for crappy service. But like I've been saying, on the other hand, if they had a full F2P model, I could live with some of their bs and spend my money on things I like, such at weird/cool stuff in a MTX store