@Broadsword - Costly Loyalty Cloak Token bug.

I recently attained my Loyalty cloak on my warrior which was amazing, since I wasn't expecting to meet new pals that quickly. Luckily some very nice folks from the guild Midknight let me join them for some rvr and a couple tower takes. So not long after I run around DF killing Chtonic knights and watching how slow the Loyalty cloak xp is and Google better ways, at which point I learn of Loyalty cloak tokens. I was thrilled.

I find them on the consignment merchants and buy one for 60-80 plats, I don't remember but I'm fairly certain it was 60. I use the token, and low and behold - nothing. Having been playing since the old days I know this game can be buggy and with a little research I learn that some people need to take the cloak off, zone out to the frontier and then zone back in. I figure ok no biggie, so I do that and still - nothing..

Now I'm mildly annoyed but I figure I'll appeal it and let them take care of it. So I do so and the usual several hours pass (I could be wrong but it was a long time) and eventually a CSR sends me a message but I was AFK making dinner....awesome. So I cancel the appeal after waiting and waiting for a couple days of refreshing and send a new appeal with the date I used the token. After a couple days I get an email ;

(Thank you for contacting Dark Age of Camelot In-game Customer Support. We are contacting you regarding your appeal, Ticket#: 9229834.

You contacted us because you used a Level 10 Loyalty Cloak Token with your character Hrimthursa on 11/3/19 without it having any effect on your character. We investigated this, but were unable to verify that you used this item, or were in posession of it on this day. As such, we are unfortunately unable to assist you with this issue.

Should you obtain any additional information that might help us verifying the use and/or posession of the token, please let us know by appealing again. In case there are any other issues we might be able to assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us again any time!

Thank you for playing Dark Age of Camelot!)

What???? How is this even a thing. What exactly do I need to do in the future anytime I expect the game to do what it says it does, record it? take screen shots? You're telling me that you can't verify it on any of your programs or systems? I paid plats that I put effort into accruing on the two accounts that I pay 30 bucks for, I don't think it's too much to ask for a better outcome than this. It isn't my fault the token didn't work, but after 16 years of my accounts being in good standing this is the best you can do? What went wrong, did I give you the wrong date? Should I have said between November 2nd and maybe the 4th I used the token. Is that what went wrong?

I love this game, I'd not have stuck around for this long if I didn't, but I have to be honest this is the kind of feeling that makes me want to cancel between not getting what I paid for, and essentially being told that I must provide some kind of proof... as if I'm probably lying.

Does anyone know of anything else I can try to fix this bug, or is there any staff member who can maybe do a little better on Broadsword's end?

Tagged:

Comments

• I had this problem before when I used a token. It automatically fixed itself when I removed the cloak and re-equiped it and zoned to New Frontiers. I don't know if it will work for you but it did for me. I haven't used a token since. Good Luck.
  • You just need to kill 1 mob and it will ding level 10.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • I question how much info BS has access to. I recently gave up trying to recover and old account. I sent in a ticket and responded to there email with all the info they asked for and more. The response was that I had not provided enough information for them to give me access to the account. They didnt say i gave wrong info or what else i needed to provide just that giving them the info they asked for wasnt enough........I think i responded to an automated email thats old and asks for info they can no longer confirm or denie. im guessing they just dont have the ability to see if your char had they coin, take pictures of everything i guess or record everything lol
  • Mirewolf wrote: »
    I recently attained my Loyalty cloak on my warrior which was amazing, since I wasn't expecting to meet new pals that quickly. Luckily some very nice folks from the guild Midknight let me join them for some rvr and a couple tower takes. So not long after I run around DF killing Chtonic knights and watching how slow the Loyalty cloak xp is and Google better ways, at which point I learn of Loyalty cloak tokens. I was thrilled.

I find them on the consignment merchants and buy one for 60-80 plats, I don't remember but I'm fairly certain it was 60. I use the token, and low and behold - nothing. Having been playing since the old days I know this game can be buggy and with a little research I learn that some people need to take the cloak off, zone out to the frontier and then zone back in. I figure ok no biggie, so I do that and still - nothing..

Now I'm mildly annoyed but I figure I'll appeal it and let them take care of it. So I do so and the usual several hours pass (I could be wrong but it was a long time) and eventually a CSR sends me a message but I was AFK making dinner....awesome. So I cancel the appeal after waiting and waiting for a couple days of refreshing and send a new appeal with the date I used the token. After a couple days I get an email ;

(Thank you for contacting Dark Age of Camelot In-game Customer Support. We are contacting you regarding your appeal, Ticket#: 9229834.

You contacted us because you used a Level 10 Loyalty Cloak Token with your character Hrimthursa on 11/3/19 without it having any effect on your character. We investigated this, but were unable to verify that you used this item, or were in posession of it on this day. As such, we are unfortunately unable to assist you with this issue.

Should you obtain any additional information that might help us verifying the use and/or posession of the token, please let us know by appealing again. In case there are any other issues we might be able to assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us again any time!

Thank you for playing Dark Age of Camelot!)

What???? How is this even a thing. What exactly do I need to do in the future anytime I expect the game to do what it says it does, record it? take screen shots? You're telling me that you can't verify it on any of your programs or systems? I paid plats that I put effort into accruing on the two accounts that I pay 30 bucks for, I don't think it's too much to ask for a better outcome than this. It isn't my fault the token didn't work, but after 16 years of my accounts being in good standing this is the best you can do? What went wrong, did I give you the wrong date? Should I have said between November 2nd and maybe the 4th I used the token. Is that what went wrong?

I love this game, I'd not have stuck around for this long if I didn't, but I have to be honest this is the kind of feeling that makes me want to cancel between not getting what I paid for, and essentially being told that I must provide some kind of proof... as if I'm probably lying.

Does anyone know of anything else I can try to fix this bug, or is there any staff member who can maybe do a little better on Broadsword's end?

Pretty sad.
    It's easier to quit then to fight it.
  • null
    I tried killing the oj and a few blues just outside uppland once with cloak on and another with cloak off and it had no effect other than the cloak getting a bit of experience.

I appealed it again adding a day before and a day after as possible dates I could have used the coin (I was thinking maybe they checked the data only for the 3rd and maybe I was mistaken about the date.)

I know that in the long run 60 plats isnt all that much but its the principal, and the fact that how this is handled is representative of what dealing with Broadsword as customers is going to be like in the future.

They seem pretty reasonable on the forums and I know if they look hard enough they will find proof that i had and used the coin. It's just a matter of what one person is worth I suppose. I've boggled my mind trying to think if I accidentally used it on the toon I actually purchased it on but I remember trading it and where I was standing when I /used.

I only want what I paid for, or what I lost. I dont think its too much to ask.
  • Hi mirewolf, please see your PM's here on the forums :)
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • if you don't have it fixed yet, contact me and i'll take your warrior to poc with my warlock and we'll get the cloak leveled to 10 in +- 20 mins.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Muylae that is awesomely kind of you to offer, I appreciate that. I ground it to level 4 this morning in poc, it wasn't horrible but I was hoping it would maybe pop it out of a bugged state. Its been suggested by a staff member that it was because my quest log was full. The problem is trying to prove that I had it. Frustrating stalemate, but they're talking to me and trying and tyats pretty awesome.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    if you don't have it fixed yet, contact me and i'll take your warrior to poc with my warlock and we'll get the cloak leveled to 10 in +- 20 mins.

When do you plan on doing this >:) ?
    JK.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Use the /gc buff artifacts guild command will help alot