What i have noticed since coming back to the game regarding RvR on EV

Hello geeks

have started playing again, in groups, the type of rvr im currently doing atm is 8man, where we occasionly will join whichever realm we are playing zerg if they are outnumbered or we simply cant move on EV without facing 3 or 4 groups.

The patteren seem always to be always the same, we beat the enemy zerg, and they can take 1 or 2 losses open field, but always end up covering inside the unbreakable EV towers, resulting in an extremely boring stale type of rvr.

Now i get some people enjoy the whole siege warfare, i get that, but the choke point is a 1 tiny stair, and the fights can last 30+ minutes, and the current deciding factor is not even outplaying the larger number, it all comes down to the fact if the enemy attacking the tower can send enough powerleaking tanks on the first floor and powerleak, i dont know how anyone can find this entertaining, but i was curious what other people think of this, i personally would like to have the towers at least breakable so we dont have to wait outside towers for sometimes up to 30 minutes waiting for a very (anticlimatic) powerleaking push, sure you get decent RPS from defending the tower, but i cant see how its entertaining. Open warfare withl lots of CC, hammers aoe stuns warps feels way more rewarding.

what is your thoughts on this right now ?

Comments

• I have been playing more visi toons lately, Leegen starts a bg on Hib we have 5 groups in the bg but actually only 2 groups running with us we use the tower for our defense because we cant beat IRC or the mid or Alb zerg so we turtle up only way to fight for us right now and when we try and roam we get smashed. What truly drives me nuts is we have had a guild group that wont be named in our bg and when our 2 groups enter a fight on EV with them THEY pull off and we get wiped :( for goodness sakes your in Leegens BG and you wont even let us add on a fight that smack dead in the middle of the Hib Y .. So then we go back to tower camping and NO Yems I do not find that fun.
    I have also been playing on Mid lately and they have more realm pride and seem to work together. Big ego's on Hib are bringing the Big Tree to a stand still.

• Remove EV altogether and bring back Agramon, imo.

In regard to the EV tower fights, the choke point can be overcome by other means than just power leaking tanks. TWF + ST nets the same result. Hell, I even used to phase shift up on my Bard, bedazzle with Zo, and MoC mez interrupt for my BG on Hib when I ran it.

Main problem at the moment though is lack of population. Few to no PUG 8mans run anymore because they can't compete with the set 8mans that are left. Most people resort to zerging to compensate as a result. EV has become the go to place because of the tower / kill quests being localized in that zone. All this has done is promote zerging, which is fine, except its zerging for kill credit and not RvR objectives. I guess we'll see what comes out of EC.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • if we on casters we just let them rot in towers.
  • edited October 2019 PM
    No just too many rhildors and certifieds running around on all realms cough cough
    Post edited by Shananagans on
  • No just too many rhildors and certifieds running around on all realms cough cough
    explain ? i havent even seen rhild play during eu or US zerg hours
  • Yems wrote: »
    No just too many rhildors and certifieds running around on all realms cough cough

Probably referring to the constant swapping that is done by a few people chasing kill quest completion.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    Yems wrote: »

Probably referring to the constant swapping that is done by a few people chasing kill quest completion.

i dont see what the problem is with that either ? 8mans usually swap to a lesser populated realm for more RPS or to chase action ? whats the point of sitting 16 people on EV if theres no groups to kill
  • I personally don't care but I suspect it sparks a lack of trust in the community on any particular realm. The game just needs population. Then swapping will ideally be less necessary and there will hopefully be more like-minded players across all play styles (8v8, small man, solo, zerg, etc).
  • yes hopefully
    i dont see what the problem is with that either ? 8mans usually swap to a lesser populated realm for more RPS or to chase action ? whats the point of sitting 16 people on EV if theres no groups to kill

because there is less chance of dying, some ppl just play the game and don't chase quests based on supply and demand.

soon as there is a chance of dying repeatedly they log. sure there is 8-16-24 ppl that don't play like this, but those 8-24 are only 0.05% of the playerbase - lets find a solution for the remaining 99.95%.
    Tyrantanic wrote: »
    Yems wrote: »

i see more "swapping" done not to the lesser populated realm lol---usually to chase stealth action :/
  • they really should try a realm pride rp/bp bonus and see what happens---
    you remember---the good old days lol
  • 47el wrote: »
    they really should try a realm pride rp/bp bonus and see what happens---
    you remember---the good old days lol

because its old doesnt neccesarily means its good realm pride or locked realm in a underpopular game will make everything worse, sure if you had a healthy 3k+ playing at all time i would like the idea
  • Really depends on group make up as to why people hold towers or don’t even hit them. I don’t prefer keep battles, but if the money is there then I gotta get it.