DAoC Going Free to Play

Here's a fun video answering questions and discussing some of the pros and cons of Dark Age of Camelot's Endless Conquest plan. Please ask questions and produce feedback for new and returning players that are excited about this new option and help inform others about things that could help their returning experience to be more pleasant. Much love guys hope you all enjoy and I hope we are able to bring tons of players back ! I'll start all this with asking you all if you think having no Main tank or stealther options on DAoC free to play accounts and what your opinions are on that, is it a bit harsh or no? what do all of you think?
  1. No Assassins, Archers, or Heavy Tanks for Free to Play accounts. What do you think...19 votes
    1. That's Way to Harsh of Restrictions
      42.11%
    2. I'm Happy With These Class Restrictions
      57.89%

Comments

• I think Heavies should be allowed but def not stealth...they're like cockroaches as it is.
  • Ideally endless conquest patch would delete all exisiting stealthers from the game.
  • Same , heavies but not stealth
  • Here's a fun video

Huh? What video? Am I missing something?
  • Available classes should be expanded to include all classic classes (maybe SI) and races. I understand the distaste for more stealthers as players currently view them as a contributing problem when the population is low. Therefore, keeping the no stealther limitation is fine with me (although I am biased against stealthers as well). I am pleased that old accounts will have access to all their characters despite the class restrictions; however, the current class selection for new characters is too harsh.

The classic buff limitations are okay but EC players should have access to heroism (i.e. yellow buffs) potions along with realm buffs. This provides EC players with basically Vamp level buffs allowing them to compete in group / solo play without being at a huge disadvantage. I understand BS wants to encourage group play (hence the class choices); however, they should appeal to all play styles and not focus on just one. Otherwise, they're turning away potential players (i.e. a potential revenue source).

Whether or not Broadsword wants to admit it, they are competing with other "free" DAoC versions. While it's doubtful they'll pull players from those alternatives, the F2P model should not be restricted to the point where it's not appealing to at least try out.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Agreed on the NO stealth!!!
    Shocker that I said that. lol
  • I'm not so certain that this has been thought out so well as far as restricting a class. The whole idea here is to expose people to this world we all love so much. Not drop them into a tiny box with a very limited range of how to approach this game.

To a brand new player, this game is going to feel very stiff, a bit harsh and probably dated. You already have your work cut out for you as it is, don't make it even less appealing by removing an entire playstyle.

If you must restrict classes in some way, then don't restrict the ability to play and level it, just restrict their access to RVR (I still think it's a terrible idea but I'm trying to compromise).

Let them Perf or shield slam mobs, that way they'll be anxious to know what it's like to do it to other players. You need to give them a small taste of every part if the cake, not a big bite of frosting.
  • Keltorius wrote: »
    Agreed on the NO stealth!!!
    Shocker that I said that. lol
    Too bad, low RR sins would be a great source of RPs.
  • Geesh Buff!! You act like it would be a fall harvest. lol
  • lol
    tell me the name of any rr11-12 etc vizzy who hasn't harvested stealthers .....

• All in all, we’re just gonna have to find out how F2P shakes out.
  • It is absolutely necessary that EC accounts cannot play as stealthers. There are already far too many in the frontiers and they are a large barrier to new players becoming established in 50 RvR.
  • Stealth has and always be what drags some people back, in good hopes the population should increase with F2P. In turn making a subscription not much of a thought, when there is lots of vizzy’s out w/no buff bot. :#
  • Here's a fun video answering questions and discussing some of the pros and cons of Dark Age of Camelot's Endless Conquest plan. Please ask questions and produce feedback for new and returning players that are excited about this new option and help inform others about things that could help their returning experience to be more pleasant. Much love guys hope you all enjoy and I hope we are able to bring tons of players back ! I'll start all this with asking you all if you think having no Main tank or stealther options on DAoC free to play accounts and what your opinions are on that, is it a bit harsh or no? what do all of you think?

Can't post video's outside of the video sub forum fyi.

Welcome back. Are you going to be streaming DAoC again?
  • Ithe only class i think needs yo be added is the main tanks do to it being the most basic class in the game with there being really no special toys to them or that make them op. You have your basic caster and melee dps along with a speed and a heal class only thing missing is the tank. As for stealthers im okay with them not being in the f2p version as there not really a base class. And i think f2p poeple need some way to buff mid fight other then being buffed by a grp member who is trying to keep others alive that dont involve buying special sup pots because you will prolly go thro thoses like hell or at least make then 90 charges that way even people with a sub might even buy them.

Thats just what i think other then that i cant wait
  • Why couldn't they cap stealth level at 40ish for EC accounts? That way people could get a taste for them and pay the full price to keep going. If not, then they will eventually level out of Molvik so they couldn't just camp in there.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • ^^ for free and the quickness of lvling up ya would just roll another assassin after he's lvled out.
  • Not voting because the poll doesn't have enough options and if I vote against the restrictions someone might get the opinion that I and a lot of others here are against stealther restrictions when its actually a good idea. I'd vote C that heavies should not be restricted (just War/Arms/Hero), but to keep stealth out of game. Probably a few of those a answers are in the same boat judging from comments above. .
  • And while you're at it, remove the ability to see stealthers that are grouped with you. One of the biggest mistakes ever introduced into the game.
  • Esel , absolutly , removing the ability to see stealther that are grouped with you its more then necessary .
  • map????

• Can't post video's outside of the video sub forum fyi.

Welcome back. Are you going to be streaming DAoC again? [/quote]

Sorry I just noticed the Video & Streams area I'll be posting helpful guide videos there in the future. Once I was promoted work really took over most of my time and I won't make any promises but I'll do my best to stream it also yes. Thank you for the welcome back !