What kind of #$%@ery is this? @Carol_Broadsword

I am sitting here enjoying my day off watching videos while I eat my lunch and this pops up...How on earth is this account able to have a place holder in the game that he or she can instantly pop back to on demand...run through target, get about 350 units away and BOOM instantly back behind the target. If this isn't cheating for all to see someone please tell me the add on that allows this type of game play. Watch the video at .25 speed see him instantly appear in a spot behind or to the side of the target.

Comments

• Not sure if this is a Troll attempt or not but its an ability they gave assassins called Blur...its pretty OP when you consider the short timer and the ways in which it has been exploited. At least they limited the range so that bluring into a keep is harder now.
  • blur has a cool down and reavers dont get blur...slow the video down like i asked and watch the blur button...the cool down shows when it is used. this account is doing this over and over and over again in the fights. the cool down timer on blur is 1.5 minutes...please watch the video and know what your talking about before responding to me next time.
  • Can you fast fwd it to whatever time you want us to look at send that link?
  • Most of the footage is shadowblade POV, so yeah that's called Blur.

nice troll attempt @Saren
  • Shoke wrote: »
    Most of the footage is shadowblade POV, so yeah that's called Blur.

nice troll attempt @Saren

you have no idea how blur works...you just see an SB and think oh i'm smart i know what i'm gonna type in response...here let me help you. blur has a 1 minute 30 second cool down, that means that after you use blur you cannot use it again for exactly 90 secs. again i'll say that this account is using his or her hack over and over again during the fights. the video starts with him or her on a reaver. that last time i checked my reaver dose not have blur. if you had slowed the video down to 25% and watched it like instructed you would see what i am talking about. but you didn't the video is high def so you can see it clearly. No one is trolling here but you. i would recommend you roll an assassin and learn to play them so you know what they get and don't get. can you even fathom a class with a blur that could be used every couple seconds like this account holder is doing? cmon now....
  • Saren, way to come across like a d-bag. I do know what I'm talking about and nowhere during the very short reaver portion did I see a port/blur-like event. Apparently I'm not alone in that either. I could understand someone returning to the game and not understanding Blur... but now you're just coming across like sour grapes for getting smoked by a rr3.
  • I didn’t see anything myself out of the norm.
  • When people can view a video of perfectly normal gameplay and believe, nay, be utterly convinced, that cheating is occuring that explains a lot to me regarding the "rampant cheating" that is going on and Broadsword needs to get on top of according to /region.

I get the distinct impression that a lot of the complaints about cheating is people percieving perfectly normal events like this incorrectly due to circumstance, paranoia, inexperience or what have you. I can't imagine what the /appeal queue must look like. The truly sad part is I'm sure that some of the people who are convinced cheating is occuring will quit out of frustration when they see the "cheater" hasn't been dealt with.

• I believe cheating does happen...and every now and then the cheaters get caught on video but this really doesn't appear to be one of those instances.
  • well put Flik
  • Remember when Parox actually got banned last month for getting over shadowed?
  • Damn IRC cheating with blur and over shadow
  • Does he think the strafing/dancing on the visi toons is the so called teleport cheat? That's not cheating, just some footloose level dancing there.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • He's just a bad troll, or just a clueless player
  • xuu wrote: »
    Remember when Parox actually got banned last month for getting over shadowed?

I don't let him forget.

BTW hi. <3 <3

• But I can still find you Siambra!!
  • He's not talking about blur the OP (my guess) is talking about the 150 range movements that "appear" instantaneous.

What you are actually seeing is someone with a good internet connection using their mousepan/strafe/sprint and macros to face for positional. Because the video shows that instant change in view and you don't know that he timed the face for when he had just crossed the enemy. It makes it look like he went from front to side/back instantly, and your viewing change makes you want to believe this, but that's not really accurate. Some will tell you it's not hard to do that, but if it was easy everyone would do it. Also it's a video so sometimes people cut it.

I'm not that good on stealth, not sure I've every taken out 3 high rr stealth and definitely not 3+ a caster. That said the guy has been out of game the last 7 days so you never know...
  • As the OP posted, there is video proof of #$%@ery in play here, ma'am.

Females should be prevented from teabagging.
  • edited October 2019 PM
    Koe wrote: »
    What you are actually seeing is someone with a good internet connection using their mousepan/strafe/sprint and macros to face for positional. Because the video shows that instant change in view and you don't know that he timed the face for when he had just crossed the enemy. It makes it look like he went from front to side/back instantly, and your viewing change makes you want to believe this, but that's not really accurate. Some will tell you it's not hard to do that, but if it was easy everyone would do it. Also it's a video so sometimes people cut it.
    ^^ this answers the thread.
    I'm not that good on stealth, not sure I've every taken out 3 high rr stealth and definitely not 3+ a caster. That said the guy has been out of game the last 7 days so you never know...
    He's still on ... I happen to know that kid (and it's a he); and he's more awesome than any will ever know <3 B)
    Post edited by Substrate on
  • Substrate wrote: »
    He's still on ... I happen to know that kid (and it's a he); and he's more awesome than any will ever know <3 B)

Wholesome and adorable :D :D :D

Some people know the little sh*t stain doesn't cheat ahaha
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • Impounded wrote: »
    Substrate wrote: »

Wholesome and adorable :D :D :D

Some people know the little sh*t stain doesn't cheat ahaha

;D . ty Sire.

This made me think that we need a /hat emote in game .... cause I'd do that now :smiley:
    ... start the petition.
  • Substrate wrote: »
    ... start the petition.

Hundreds of people petitioned for years to allow dwarves to become Bonedancers. But the results fell short of expectations. That might have been moving the bar too high.
  • Buffsteria wrote: »
    Substrate wrote: »
    ... start the petition.

Hundreds of people petitioned for years to allow dwarves to become Bonedancers. But the results fell short of expectations. That might have been moving the bar too high.

Agreed .. but righteousness by definition destroys any bar.

/hat 2037!