Just resubbed after 3-4 years off

Guess there’s s new campaign since then and CL 15. Is it over powered stuff? Did /who all 3 realms this morning and was less the 200 total. Unless lots anon. Seems really low.

Not sure really what to think

Comments

• There is a new campaign called A Dragon's Curse. The items are quite powerful and contain a couple best-in-slot pieces, namely Band of the Dream Conqueror and the Cursed [Blood/Soul/Dream/Life/Dragon/] Gauntlets.

The population has been unfortunately low for various reasons. US prime can hit ~300 players active at once with maybe ~200 players in NF. The hope is that the free-to-play model, Endless Conquest, will increase the population which is slated to release in October.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Welcome back.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    There is a new campaign called A Dragon's Curse. The items are quite powerful and contain a couple best-in-slot pieces, namely Band of the Dream Conqueror and the Cursed [Blood/Soul/Dream/Life/Dragon/] Gauntlets.

The population has been unfortunately low for various reasons. US prime can hit ~300 players active at once with maybe ~200 players in NF. The hope is that the free-to-play model, Endless Conquest, will increase the population which is slated to release in October.

Thanks
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    Welcome back.[/quo

Thanks
  • edited September 2019 PM
    New option to craft the best items called Bountycrafing. You can craft the best in slot with your bounty points.
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • @The_Classic_Dude if you are lokking for a guild on mid send nameswarrior a tell my guild loves to take new/ returning players and i run a bg on the weekends 7pm central US
    we do not have a strong 8man grp but if thats what ya want o can direct you to a guild that dose would put the name of the guild but i cant spell it to save my life rofl
  • @The_Classic_Dude if you are lokking for a guild on mid send nameswarrior a tell my guild loves to take new/ returning players and i run a bg on the weekends 7pm central US
    we do not have a strong 8man grp but if thats what ya want o can direct you to a guild that dose would put the name of the guild but i cant spell it to save my life rofl

Thanks Appreciate that! But I usually play a Ranger or SB/Infil. Not into the 8 man thing.
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    There is a new campaign called A Dragon's Curse. The items are quite powerful and contain a couple best-in-slot pieces, namely Band of the Dream Conqueror and the Cursed [Blood/Soul/Dream/Life/Dragon/] Gauntlets.

From what I saw in housing, the new items are basically higher utility. That "Boon bonus" Was in game before and that Helmet has 12% healing bonus and good utility. But my old temp from 3-4 years ago pretty solid. capped to most bonuses out there. If there's something missing of as insane bonus, someone please share.
    Thanks
  • These templates fall in line with the current Meta. https://www.daocutils.com/templates

Mid tier temps are probably using the Freezing / Frozen BP's instead of the [Curse] sets. Hallowed items will come back shortly in October for a limited time dungeon in the capital cit.
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    These templates fall in line with the current Meta. https://www.daocutils.com/templates

Mid tier temps are probably using the Freezing / Frozen BP's instead of the [Curse] sets. Hallowed items will come back shortly in October for a limited time dungeon in the capital cit.

Cool...thanks. Gonna update temp.
  • KoeKoe
    edited September 2019 PM
    Pop dropped a bit after the midsummer quest, after people went back to school, and as per usual, and as people briefly have gone to check out a newly released game (they be back. From WOW to AOC to knockoffs, people come back because it's more fun here:).

There's still action any time of day, though knowing where to look for it is important. Zergs run probably 1pm est to 11pm est most every day, but swing some between realms.

Templates are important but getting bps as was stated, gets you there. Wife just came back as well after 10 years, and she's been having a blast.
    Post edited by Koe on
  • Cool, I just finished this temp. Seems sold. Gonna do bunch PVE to get in daoc shape. I'm having fun, tho I don't see many in TNN and housing. Have a feeling Population with go higher in the next month with the new stuff going on.
    Ranger temp here. https://www.daocutils.com/templates/12e5b0a76257af588b9ab65c652cdf512f35e311Did the Vest and Gloves with bountycrafting...pretty cool. Just need a ton of BPS.
    ''
  • edited September 2019 PM
    Not used to friendly people @ daoc boards. Been abused and abused my share on Vn and PC. Carol runs a tight ship. Refreshing. I like
    Post edited by The_Classic_Dude on
  • Welcome back!

There are a bunch of people from classic who 8man still, flirt between realms. You can usually find a group most times of day, especially if you become a regular (people will look for you). Stay by the port stone too long and you will get an invite for sure (as always some groups are better than others).

If large scale warfare is your thing (sometimes groups band together to fight the zerg) there are often zergs. On hib every day starting at 1pm est till probably 5, Through the evening on the weekends. Alb and Mid off and on at those times and continuing until 11pm est.

Pop just went down with people going back to school and the end of a festival in game, but it will be back up soon. Endless conquest should provide a giant boost in... October? so get in and get ready now!