Population Imbalance

Comments

• null
    Aj at bugg? We started fighting irc. Hibs added so we pulled off. Then yiu guys hit the hibs. So we hit yiu guys than fought irc.

But if you running 3+ of course we are not going to respec that.
  • Minibard wrote: »
    null
    Aj at bugg? We started fighting irc. Hibs added so we pulled off. Then yiu guys hit the hibs. So we hit yiu guys than fought irc.

But if you running 3+ of course we are not going to respec that.

He was referring to KM, when they were trying to hit the hibs and we came in from behind. Don't be so mean all the time Mini :smile:
  • edited July 2019 PM
    Yeah that was nice
    Post edited by Minibard on
  • @Minibard I really was saying good job, it wasn’t sarcasm.
    CATACUSX/Einherjarl - ASATRUAR
  • INACA wrote: »
    @Minibard I really was saying good job, it wasn’t sarcasm.

Don't worry Minibard is a cranky old man since all he eats is fish tacos.
  • The problem is there is an RVR alliance and then theres another one. No idea how that happened and no idea why it continues to happen. Imo they should either invite the most active guilds and slap them in the same alliance. We all know that one if not both are not leaving one for the other. Its a stale mate, think some of the people dont like one or more of the guilds in the other alliance and that’s hindering a solid communication between active players. However i was never into zerg, never was wanting to sit around and farm 8 with 100 or run around in a bg crushing everything around, especially the keep takes and the waiting never was my cup of tea. So until mid figures out how to release non-active guilds & invite active to their alliance we as mids will be less effective.
  • Snaillyn wrote: »
    The problem is there is an RVR alliance and then theres another one. No idea how that happened and no idea why it continues to happen. Imo they should either invite the most active guilds and slap them in the same alliance. We all know that one if not both are not leaving one for the other. Its a stale mate, think some of the people dont like one or more of the guilds in the other alliance and that’s hindering a solid communication between active players. However i was never into zerg, never was wanting to sit around and farm 8 with 100 or run around in a bg crushing everything around, especially the keep takes and the waiting never was my cup of tea. So until mid figures out how to release non-active guilds & invite active to their alliance we as mids will be less effective.

Active guilds could always disband and create a new one? I suppose you talk about the Crows of Winter alliance and the RDM alliances not liking each other?
  • @Minibard bro, we don’t respect your multiple group either, shiz we got back doored several times by you guys, your group average is r12. We a whole lot less RR and the people that are in EV follow spam. You can complain just cause 1 night you decided to 8 man while the vast majority your with 10 invisible players that pop right when you engage us. We all have had it happen just it happened more to you last night. Cant blame anyone cause no one in my group is communicating with anyone outside of our disco. We get region chat same as you do, but when your stealth group says oh 8 man here and you come what do you thing those stealth are doing? /boggle
  • @Shoke think someone dont like nevermore guild, and the RVR alliance prob full of inactive guilds but wont drop for active ones. So idk about crows or rdm, just think its worthless to have a few active guilds in 3 separate alliances
  • Feels like you guys should join the Asatruar alliance, seems like the only active guilds are in that alliance.
  • edited July 2019 PM
    Snaillyn wrote: »
    @Minibard bro, we don’t respect your multiple group either, shiz we got back doored several times by you guys, your group average is r12. We a whole lot less RR and the people that are in EV follow spam. You can complain just cause 1 night you decided to 8 man while the vast majority your with 10 invisible players that pop right when you engage us. We all have had it happen just it happened more to you last night. Cant blame anyone cause no one in my group is communicating with anyone outside of our disco. We get region chat same as you do, but when your stealth group says oh 8 man here and you come what do you thing those stealth are doing? /boggle
    oh please show me our multi groups. please. I always ask but it seems like people just like saying it and never prove it. we roam with 8. we fight with 8 unless you are running 3+ groups, then we will voltron and go separate ways. if stealthers add thats not our fault. Just like when they add for you guys. I will make it easy for you. you can go to my stream and clip the multi groups we are running. ( I mean if we running with 10+ steathers they will be out of stealth running with us at spped 6 if your claim is correct) The hard work is done. Its not just last night. Its every night astruatar and House of Thud are connected at the hip and zerging down everything in sight long after rescue has logged his zerg. but thats fine if thats the way you guys want to play but when other realms zerg up and kill you guys dont cry about population.

and dont worrry we have one more guy that is going to hit RR12 for you guys to fight.
    @Minibard I really was saying good job, it wasn’t sarcasm.

oh ok. sorry than.
  • Theres much debate going on here, and it's easy to misjudge situations, because the action and realm population differs every time-frame, all realms got "winner" hours in term of population.

I've been toying with an idea to run BGs again for Mid but little earlier hours because 12pm starts my time did exhaust me a little, but that wasn't the only thing keeping me away from it.

Primes recently is really all about population shifts to the given time-frames strongest realm, and BGs also do support that sadly. What does 80-100% bonus matter when you only get farmed as some might ask.

I don't want to offend anyone, but current players large proportion only cares for RP. They play where they can get their quests and kills fastest with the minimal effort possible. Midgard definitely could improve their work-together, but the so called RvR alliance not that hard to get into, and many of it's guild tried to recruit in the past. Most people choose to stay in 1-3man guilds, or toss their toons to multiple guilds even in 1 realm, while playing all 3 without any commitment, then blame it on an Alliance is also a bit of a stretch of the real issues. Theres no loyalty to guilds/alliances/realms for the large sum of remaining players, and that hurts those the most that's trying to stick to that idea, because they will find their realm almost empty at certain times.

I've been lucky enough to meet all sorts of players from all sorts of places because I led BGs for a while. I do believe there is a place for every playstyle all 3 realms or even without committing to one, but it may be difficult lately to find that place.
  • Gavner wrote: »
    Theres much debate going on here, and it's easy to misjudge situations, because the action and realm population differs every time-frame, all realms got "winner" hours in term of population.

I've been toying with an idea to run BGs again for Mid but little earlier hours because 12pm starts my time did exhaust me a little, but that wasn't the only thing keeping me away from it.

Primes recently is really all about population shifts to the given time-frames strongest realm, and BGs also do support that sadly. What does 80-100% bonus matter when you only get farmed as some might ask.

I don't want to offend anyone, but current players large proportion only cares for RP. They play where they can get their quests and kills fastest with the minimal effort possible. Midgard definitely could improve their work-together, but the so called RvR alliance not that hard to get into, and many of it's guild tried to recruit in the past. Most people choose to stay in 1-3man guilds, or toss their toons to multiple guilds even in 1 realm, while playing all 3 without any commitment, then blame it on an Alliance is also a bit of a stretch of the real issues. Theres no loyalty to guilds/alliances/realms for the large sum of remaining players, and that hurts those the most that's trying to stick to that idea, because they will find their realm almost empty at certain times.

I've been lucky enough to meet all sorts of players from all sorts of places because I led BGs for a while. I do believe there is a place for every playstyle all 3 realms or even without committing to one, but it may be difficult lately to find that place.

I am kinda in that boat on Hib. My guild, Empire only has me pretty much still playing. But people taalk about loyalty. I have been in that guild since 2001 and I will die in that guild.
  • Minibard wrote: »
    Gavner wrote: »
    Theres much debate going on here, and it's easy to misjudge situations, because the action and realm population differs every time-frame, all realms got "winner" hours in term of population.

I am kinda in that boat on Hib. My guild, Empire only has me pretty much still playing. But people taalk about loyalty. I have been in that guild since 2001 and I will die in that guild.

I don't blame you, and theres some romance in that, but if you are alone, all you loyal to is a guild tag sadly. It's kind of different though, you are a known player, you can afford doing that, for some new/returning player I think thats a huge luxury.
  • Lol @Minibard cause our realm (mid) has a 10+ stealth group that plays the same time, and honestly i dont know what my guild does after I log off. However, rescue usually gets on 30-1h after i do, and i log off usually 9pm est 10pm latest unless some fluke like im off next day or ungodly amount of fun. Also assatar is euro guild, maybe one or 2 of them even play US prime time. Maybe more but i dont know cause we don’t coordinate fights or talk at all to them when im playing. Im not here to claim we always are 8 and bla bla bla. But to claim we are stuck to any hip in House of Thud is just straight hearsay, and actually comical. But hey hold on to what makes you feel better, if getting beat in a video game cause of larger numbers upsets you, just swap a realm like the rest of you folks do when you lose.
    Lol @Minibard cause our realm (mid) has a 10+ stealth group that plays the same time, and honestly i dont know what my guild does after I log off. However, rescue usually gets on 30-1h after i do, and i log off usually 9pm est 10pm latest unless some fluke like im off next day or ungodly amount of fun. Also assatar is euro guild, maybe one or 2 of them even play US prime time. Maybe more but i dont know cause we don’t coordinate fights or talk at all to them when im playing. Im not here to claim we always are 8 and bla bla bla. But to claim we are stuck to any hip in House of Thud is just straight hearsay, and actually comical. But hey hold on to what makes you feel better, if getting beat in a video game cause of larger numbers upsets you, just swap a realm like the rest of you folks do when you lose.

I tried swithing but Mids are meanies and I can't get a group
  • @Minibard seems like you were on last night same time i was playing, think i even put you down on hib. If you ever need a group on mid get in contact with us in House of Thud we are all good people that like to have fun, we’d have no prob getting you into a group.
    @Minibard seems like you were on last night same time i was playing, think i even put you down on hib. If you ever need a group on mid get in contact with us in House of Thud we are all good people that like to have fun, we’d have no prob getting you into a group.

sounds good.Thanks. Yeah everyone one I have grouped with is good people. Most of it i smack talk. Except for Shoke he is just mean., :disappointed: LOL
  • @Snaillyn @Minibard I personally improved realm relations by starting this thread. You are all welcome. Look forward to seeing everyone out and about, hopefully I’ll earn some RPs off you and vice versa.
  • giphy.gif

Also, Asatruar isn't a Euro guild....wtf @Snaillyn lol
  • I guess I was misunderstood then, or told wrong, just never see them doing 8 or whatever US prime just a couple of them. Was not trying to put them down by being Euro or anything. @INACA
    I guess I was misunderstood then, or told wrong, just never see them doing 8 or whatever US prime just a couple of them. Was not trying to put them down by being Euro or anything. @INACA

:)
  • edited July 2019 PM
    Lol they are ou. t they usually run start running after Gavner logs i think
  • Shoke wrote: »
    Hib don't rely on anyone. Shaylon did run one from time to time, but he left to zerg on mid and hib still manages to run a BG from time to time. It's mostly when FoH does guild/alliance event.

Just to be clear, I personally left Hib for Mid not to zerg but to avoid killing the action that was left. The Hib population was extremely high while Mids routinely had a 100% population bonus during US prime. Rescu began dodging my BG so I would end mine early to entice him to come out. My group and I eventually decided to go to Mid for a change of pace.

I ran a couple BGs on Mid after Gavner logged and made two impromptu BGs to fight Rescu. It was clear to me Mids didn't want to work together, at least not with me at the helm, so I decided to stop leading altogether. Since then, my group has only run 8 during the week. We side car BGs or voltron to fight an opposing Alb or Hib zerg; but, none of it is organized by us. Asatruar side cars with us routinely to fight against Rescu or for keep / tower fights. It may seem that Mids zerg from an outsiders perspective although it is rarely organized. Nearly everyone chases the flames / swords / icons and hits everything in sight. That's the nature of the game. It's chaotic.

I've returned to Hib indefinitely. My group chose to remain on Mid. I plan to lead BGs on the weekend against Rescu and whoever else decides to take lead on Mid. The DKoC reunion last weekend made me miss the big fights. I hope we see another one soon.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    I've returned to Hib indefinitely. My group chose to remain on Mid. I plan to lead BGs on the weekend against Rescu and whoever else decides to take lead on Mid. The DKoC reunion last weekend made me miss the big fights. I hope we see another one soon.

Scratch that. Too much salt. Good luck.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • That was short
  • Mids need to pray to Odin for the return of xyroman you all bitched at him when he was running the mid bg you but he was the only one who kept you ugly buggers in order.
  • We vikings have always been a disorderly lot, warts an' all >:)
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Founder/GM of Ásatrúar, guild of Miðgarðr
    In defense of the Original Spirit of Daoc
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    True to Miðgarðr c.2001
    daocutils.com/chimp/jlfrthjo
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • Mids are zerging with 3 groups right now.
  • edited July 2019 PM
    Impossible, mids have the biggest population problem but somehow are always the ones zerging everything down past 9 pm est...
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • edited July 2019 PM
    While already mentioned, think everyone have different "view" of the realms based on the hours one play. Mids don't have a so called organized/planned BGs US prime after I have stopped, some spontaneous here and there however do occur.

Shifts in population while being real, I find it really boring to argue about which realm zergs. I would say any realm would zerg gladly that has a chance to do so at times. Everyone can decide to log, go PvE or fight it, however most chose to stand around relic towns instead or log the zerging realm also which causes it to snowball for a while. Chase those sweet sweet quest updates *nom nom*.

However based on excidio stats Mid really is falling behind a little both on rp and player count, but purely on average.
    Post edited by Gavner on
  • edited July 2019 PM
    LOL tonight was great. 2 groups of hibs ( one with 7) fought off alb zerg and Mid zergs. was fighting albs at MMG before Mids decided to try to side swipe us by coming around banana and behind the remaining albs. we began fighting Mids, pulled them across EV.to Hib Y Alb zerg rebuffed and caught up to the fight, mid zerg actually ran away and we began fighting the alb zerg. until we were finally over run. we had over 65 kills that fight. dont know how much IRC group had.
    Then regrouped to fight again. this time we hit alb zerg at bugg, began wiping them and mid zerg split and AJed us and hit behind albs. before our 15 man got over run.

Of course I was not streaming, so if anyone was, let me know.

@Gavner every night this week during US prime mids have been rolling with no less than 3 groups,before, during and after rescue logs. tonight about about 10 est they had about 4-5 groups. The only group that has been running 8 when they can is the Action Team Mulean guild. But when they are small they are running with Astruar zerg.
  • @Minibard As said different times different experience. I was purely factual stating that based on stat ON AVERAGE Mids fall behind a little, not much. ( http://www.excidio.net/herald/stats/realm/ )

Hero been running since who knows how long, every realm going to have zergy times, so what, fight it. Hard to blame just one realm really when a noticeable percentage of playerbase will always just going to log the winning side for easy quest completion. You going to keep seeing spikes in realm pop until things are like this.
  • edited July 2019 PM
    every night it’s diff, last night Creaper was 16 with his 1fgh stealthers adding every time. Few times we got him 8 the maulers debuff train sent them back to /bind.

No misunderstanding The RVR alliance actively excludes the other alliance. So far only @Gavner has been friendly enough to group across our alliances.

GL
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    every night it’s diff, last night Creaper was 16 with his 1fgh stealthers adding every time. Few times we got him 8 the maulers debuff train sent them back to /bind.

No misunderstanding The RVR alliance actively excludes the other alliance. So far only @Gavner has been friendly enough to group across our alliances.

GL

lol wtf are you smoking. At what time was that?
  • @Shoke tell your boy to unstick the 8 hib rangers and we can tango again tonight.

Also @ the top of safe when they tried to spawn camp. Don’t let them Maulers beat dem #guts
    @Shoke tell your boy to unstick the 8 hib rangers and we can tango again tonight.

Also @ the top of safe when they tried to spawn camp. Don’t let them Maulers beat dem #guts

Hopefully you unstick Asatruar 3 fgs for more than 2 minutes to venture into the wild of EV

GL

are you on crack? we never run with stealthers. and we only team up to kill a zerg then go our separate ways. How long have you played daoc? You know nexxron runs a huge stealther zerg around Mile Gates.

• The gates, towers and not so safe ports
  • edited July 2019 PM
    House of Thud isn’t in their Asa Alliance nor do we ever run with them on purpose.

So it’s just a coincidence that the stealthers added every single fight that night (not sure if srs)

GL
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • "It’s become impossible to find a fair fight even with an 8 man. Recently there has also been an absolutely despicable trend of Albs and Hibs coordinating together in comms and hitting what few Mids are giving it a go together without engaging each other."

LOL Asatruar 8man? Wow the land of make believe.

You want a fair fight with an 8man? Let me know any day any time I will bring you 8. Want a fight 16 v 8? Let me know I will bring an 8man any time anywhere. Do you not recall earlier this week, we were on mid with you and your group told us to log hib so you could zerg us down with 16? Do you not remember how that went? I'm guessing Heartattack didn't hit r12 like he planned to on that fight, huh?

The only time albs / hibs roll over you is when you run 16+ to zerg down 8mans. The 2 enemy 8mans turn on you for ez rips.

GTFO of here with this post.
  • edited July 2019 PM
    xuu wrote: »
    "It’s become impossible to find a fair fight even with an 8 man. Recently there has also been an absolutely despicable trend of Albs and Hibs coordinating together in comms and hitting what few Mids are giving it a go together without engaging each other."

You want a fair fight with an 8man? Let me know any day any time I will bring you 8. Want a fight 16 v 8? Let me know I will bring an 8man any time anywhere. Do you not recall earlier this week, we were on mid with you and your group told us to log hib so you could zerg us down with 16? Do you not remember how that went? I'm guessing Heartattack didn't hit r12 like he planned to on that fight, huh?

The only time albs / hibs roll over you is when you run 16+ to zerg down 8mans. The 2 enemy 8mans turn on you for ez rips.

Oaken : Then what the f#$% am I supposed to call you? Xuu : Something sweet, ya big goof. Something nice. Oaken: Boo boo kitty f@#$?

[removed]
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
  • xuuxuu
    edited July 2019 PM
    INACA wrote: »
    "It’s become impossible to find a fair fight even with an 8 man. Recently there has also been an absolutely despicable trend of Albs and Hibs coordinating together in comms and hitting what few Mids are giving it a go together without engaging each other."

Oaken : Then what the f#$% am I supposed to call you? Xuu : Something sweet, ya big goof. Something nice. Oaken: Boo boo kitty f@#$?

[removed]

My offer still stands if you're really looking for "fair" fights. Please let me know anytime you want to fight my 8man with 8-16 of your guild. I'll be there.
  • xuu wrote: »

d06xxnbwysr9.gif

My offer still stands if you're really looking for "fair" fights. Please let me know anytime you want to fight my 8man with 8-16 of your guild. I'll be there.

d06xxnbwysr9.gif

What about a 1v1?

d06xxnbwysr9.gif

d06xxnbwysr9.gif

What about a 1v1?

I mean my playstyle typically is 8v8, or 8v16+ in Asatruar's case. I gave up on solo toons years ago when the stealth zergs took over so I only have support and casters templated. I'm not sure it would be fair or you would want to 1v1 one of my casters. :-)
  • Prolly not.lol
  • edited July 2019 PM
    Keep it civil please. This thread has been a good discussion and full of info, if you want to go 1 on 1 take it elsewhere.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games