My QoL wishes

edited April 2019 in General Board
Hello.

First: The following things are in my eyes QoL features. Other may disagree, thats perfect fine. Maybe others again have other QoL features they would like and could add them to the (short) list.

• The game should remember the last used chat channel. Like if i use /guild hello, the standard channel should switch to guild.
  • If you start to sprint, you should sprint until you a.) toggle off sprint or b.) are out of endurance EVEN if you stand still for 1 tick (which turns sprint off).
  • If you open the map, it should always open the map you are currently on (atleast for me he only do that after a hard zone, and if you zone with an open map.
  • I want to sell items with something like shift-left click to an merchant.
  • I want an option to trap the mousepointer on the screen. My pointer pretty often switch to the left or right monitor, in the heat of the battle
  • I want a fast ways to unstack items in the inventory - like picking up a stack, and then shift-Left click on an empty inventory slot put 1 item from the stack on that slot
  • I would like an fast way to use items in the inventory - like ctrl-rightclick do /use on that item and alt-rightclick /use1. Something like that.
  • I would like an option to *not* unselect my target if i click somewhere on the landscape

Post edited by Tubben on

Comments

• QoL request implement of a fix for the plat Cap in housing. A lot more frustrating now that the pop is gutted.

Fix the weapon swapping (2H slot) = CTD bug
  • edited April 2019 PM
    Tubben wrote: »
    • I want a fast ways to unstack items in the inventory - like picking up a stack, and then shift-Left click on an empty inventory slot put 1 item from the stack on that slot
    That's the only one I'd agree with. Other's nada or can be done with macro/qbinds:

How to /use items with a macro

/macro xx /use 5 **

or

/macro xx /use2 5 **

replace xx with the name you want to give the macro (obviously), and replace ** with the digits that represent the slot you want to use.

0 = right hand
    1 = left hand
    2 = two-handed
    3 = ranged weapon
    10 = helm
    11 = hands
    12 = boots
    13 = jewel
    14 = vest
    15 = cloak
    16 = legs
    17 = arms
    18 = necklace
    21 = belt
    22 = left bracer
    23 = right bracer
    24 = left ring
    25 = right ring
    40-79 = inventory slots

so for example, you want a macro that directly uses the mez feedback on CB which is in left bracer slot
    /macro CB1 /use 5 22

to use the stun feedback do
    /macro CB2 /use2 5 22

The inventory slots are useful.
    Post edited by Substrate on
  • edited April 2019 PM
    Also requesting an account wide Vault tx @beibhinn
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • Substrate wrote: »
    Tubben wrote: »
    That's the only one I'd agree with. Other's nada or can be done with macro/qbinds:

Alot things can be done with qbinds/macro's. But i dont want to do macros for like everything, if i could just rightclick an item in the inventory to use them.

Try to buy 100 doppelganger shards and use them, or essences. QoL features are just that. Quality of Life features - makes things more convenient.

But as i said earlier, one can agree or disagree, thats perfectly fine :-) But thank you for your input, i learned something!
  • + a display of all your characters over servers/realm per account.
  • Shared BP/Coin for accounts... they already do it with Mithral It would be awesome for coin and BPs to work the same way.
  • Mace80 wrote: »
    Shared BP/Coin for accounts... they already do it with Mithral It would be awesome for coin and BPs to work the same way.

I agree with coin, i disagree with BP. If you do it with bp, what about the 500k /char cap? Or you could just create an lv 1 char, and buy lv 50/CL15 with BP you farmed with another char.
  • True, they'd have to find a way to work around that..but I'll be damned if that doesn't drive me nuts ...I bounce around from toon to toon too much and would much rather have all my BPs available in once place. I know some of the components are tradable but its still a PITA.