Carol...hide my balls!

edited April 4 in General Board
Would it be possible to lower the Warlock balls to their waist? Or even turn them into runes around the feet. It's hard to hide with them showing. Their really not needed anymore either. Thanks Carol!
  1. Remove or lower warlock balls12 votes
    1. Lower
      33.33%
    2. Remove
      66.67%
Post edited by Pleazing on
The reason people hate to PvP is they are afraid of failure
Tagged:

Comments

  • I've stated this for a couple years. Since they changed to a 10 sec /release timer on them, there's no more chamber dumping, there's no need to have them visible. They used to serve as a warning when locks were dangerous, now we're no where near the power we had and it's just an /insta target welcome matt.
  • @beibhinn mind taking care of this...
  • I see no issue with the proposed options. As someone who has been on the receiving end of Warlock chamber dumps in the past, I've stopped paying attention to them since they've been nerfed.
  • I saw the post title and thought it more of a personal issue at first....
  • edited April 4 PM
    Keltorius wrote: »
    I saw the post title and thought it more of a personal issue at first....

    It's very personal. I run around with my balls out and hibs (being very inclusive in nature) straddle up to me before anyone else. Albs are the exact opposite - unyielding, but still 1st to knock my balls off in comparison to other classes in the vicinity.

    Nevertheless it's unwanted contact; they're simply targeting us for our balls and that's not right.
    Post edited by Substrate on
  • again a multiple choice with vital choices omitted. where is the option' it's fine as it is' ?

    never really thought about it ... i don't know. was it a sort of warning to enemies in the past ? yes. do enemies still need that clue ? probably not. but then again, same could maybe be said about bianshees ... i don't know. i sort of got so used to them ... i think now, more than in the past, warlocks are probably the only class in the game where you can know their spec by just looking what chamber config they have running. is that a good thing ? probably not. i think warlocks became 'fine' when they completely overhauled the class and all the subsequent nerfs were unnecessary, but that's a different topic i guess.

    Vicomtessa Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • this is just laughable----maybe remove tic effects----bainshee effects----make thug pets smaller and look the same
    stop healers etc waving their arms when casting

    maybe they can do something to help all like enclosing the inner oil on keeps lol
  • I vote for no change. It's nice to know what class you are facing quickly...
  • Muylae wrote: »
    again a multiple choice with vital choices omitted. where is the option' it's fine as it is'

    1)Keep it same
    2)Change it
    3)Remove it

    Needs to be a mandatory for a poll to contain all 3 options.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker

    Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

    >Daoc Videos<
  • Oh whatever re options. Obviously there's no class with such a ridiculous long distance visual cue as a WL. Maybe when they were first intro'd and OP they needed it so you could run away, but now that they've been incrementally nerfed over the years ie no more chamber dumps there's no reason for the big bawls. Remove 'em.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Founder/GM of Ásatrúar, guild of Miðgarðr
    In defense of the Original Spirit of Daoc
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    True to Miðgarðr c.2001
    daocutils.com/chimp/jlfrthjo
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • May as well remove banshee form and necro forms because it makes then an easy target to spot as well.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker

    Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

    >Daoc Videos<
  • Thjo wrote: »
    Obviously there's no class with such a ridiculous long distance visual cue as a WL.

    Enchanter, SM, Caba, Animist, Necro, Bonedancer, Minstrel, Bard just a few that imo are easy to spot too cause of pets or other unique things.

  • Actually its not that hard to identify most of classes. The balls are cool, unique, and if they not that good, then just don't use them if you want to look like any other squishy caster target without them.

    The only good tactic I've seen been used in past making a tad harder to spot classes was the Firb only similar looking Hib Guild grp running.

    Nutshell, I have no issue with them, and as usual that's not a voting option. :)
  • Fine as is.
  • I'm not sure how to approach this thread tbh.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • I'm not sure how to approach this thread tbh.

    Don't... just back away slowly and enjoy the good laugh it gave you!
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker

    Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

    >Daoc Videos<
  • Carol tell him you dont do vasectomys
  • ^Technically it would be a castration.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Founder/GM of Ásatrúar, guild of Miðgarðr
    In defense of the Original Spirit of Daoc
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    True to Miðgarðr c.2001
    daocutils.com/chimp/jlfrthjo
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • He should just put them away himself but I guess he has problems. Are they blue?
  • Leave the chambers <cough> as is. If people don't want to be immediately recognized as a warlock then they don't need to put their chambers up for everyone to see. :)
  • So this is an exposure issue?
  • I'm not sure how to approach this thread tbh.
    Remove the 10 second 'cool down' between chambers - they aren't hot in the first place and require no cooling.
  • vamps also have that cool gliding over the ground animation lol
  • Shouldn’t the runemaster have the runes
  • I just want the spores under my shaman
  • Kind of surprised how people are answering seriousky to a joke thread
  • Thjo wrote: »
    Oh whatever re options. Obviously there's no class with such a ridiculous long distance visual cue as a WL. Maybe when they were first intro'd and OP they needed it so you could run away, but now that they've been incrementally nerfed over the years ie no more chamber dumps there's no reason for the big bawls. Remove 'em.

    keep the bawls and make us feared again !

    just kidding.

    recent nerfs were just too much.
    Vicomtessa Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Vrisslar wrote: »
    Thjo wrote: »
    Obviously there's no class with such a ridiculous long distance visual cue as a WL.

    Enchanter, SM, Caba, Animist, Necro, Bonedancer, Minstrel, Bard just a few that imo are easy to spot too cause of pets or other unique things.

    but do these classes show your spec above your head ?
    Vicomtessa Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • I'm not sure how to approach this thread tbh.

    speak to me, you know how to reach me.
    Vicomtessa Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    Vrisslar wrote: »
    Thjo wrote: »
    Obviously there's no class with such a ridiculous long distance visual cue as a WL.

    Enchanter, SM, Caba, Animist, Necro, Bonedancer, Minstrel, Bard just a few that imo are easy to spot too cause of pets or other unique things.

    but do these classes show your spec above your head ?

    That wasnt the type of question that the reply was for and im pretty sure all DAoC players, including yourself know the answer to your question.

  • Vrisslar wrote: »
    Muylae wrote: »
    Vrisslar wrote: »
    Thjo wrote: »
    Obviously there's no class with such a ridiculous long distance visual cue as a WL.

    Enchanter, SM, Caba, Animist, Necro, Bonedancer, Minstrel, Bard just a few that imo are easy to spot too cause of pets or other unique things.

    but do these classes show your spec above your head ?

    That wasnt the type of question that the reply was for and im pretty sure all DAoC players, including yourself know the answer to your question.

    yeah, but that's my point. a warlock's chambers show his spec. by looking at his chambers you know if he is a bomber, healer/dotter./ whatever other spec.

    maybe i didn't understand your remark.
    Vicomtessa Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • thought u could sub spec warlocks
  • 47el wrote: »
    thought u could sub spec warlocks

    what do you mean ?
    Vicomtessa Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
Sign In or Register to comment.