Interesting thought

I've seen on several forums where it was discussed about allowing characters to transfer between Ywain and Gaheris.

I know that quite a few would argue against it; however, has it ever been considered setting it up so you could portal BETWEEN the two server clusters? Ywain would remain the RvR type, and maybe even implement some areas where you could have realm invastions; while Gaheris would still be limited to PvP? Players could do all the PvE they want on Gaheris, then simply portal across to Ywain to hit the Battlegrounds, do some RvR, or whatever.

Comments

• I believe the problem lies in how realm points are earned with one being PvE and one being RvR.
  • That means that people would scream about it not being "fair", but hey, with only a couple thousand active/semi-active players left, and gaheris turning into a ghost town, the game needs a boost of some sort. How to earn RP is simply a procedural issue, not a technical issue.
  • Anomally wrote: »
    I believe the problem lies in how realm points are earned with one being PvE and one being RvR.

I think the actual issue is this, but also that Gaheris characters have significantly more realm skill points, 30 in fact.