Broadsword - Why would I want to come back to DAOC?

If I want to RvR, the first thing I am told is that I need to get all of my gear.
If I want to PvE, the first thing I am told is that this is no longer a PvE game. (I agree, 1-50 in 2 days solo without thinking about it?)
If I want to do the lvl 50 PvE content that has been introduced, once again, nope, no groups available, and you get told that this is no longer a PvE game.

So tell me. Why would I, a person that used to enjoy DAOC for the huge PvE raids (nope, 30 people is no longer huge), running solo stealthers through DF, or playing around in the BGs.... which are now basically dead....

Why would I want to come back to DAOC?

The sub on my two accounts expires on 4/6. You have until then to convince me that it is worth staying.

Comments

• You ‘missed’ the two years of PVE campaigns jokes on you.
    Now less then a full group can accomplish the whole thing.
  • Come play with us :)

jpbmy2dfe4cl.jpg
    Bumblebunny to the rescue !
  • You and those damn cute bunnies!!
  • when it comes to pve, 'massive' (as in people required) is out of the picture.

solo, you can get 50 in 6 - 8 hours in the bg's.
    with (guild) support, you can get 50 in 2-3 hours.

there are two 'raids' that are mandatory to get the best gear .. OW and curse ... OW can be done with 2 people and a bot on a second account, maybe a few more if you don't have the 'setup' and pve god characters.. (still i've done it with my warlock and a fresh level 50 warrior and with my warlock + a fresh level 50 bonedancer + my bot. before the last warlock nerf. i might be able to do it again with such a setup, but to be comfortable i would probably say 3 + a bot). ow 10 ow 10 instance i have done with 3 people + a bot. for curse you probably need close to a fg, haven't tried it yet with a minimal setup. that's it for pve. i've literally had people in my guild make new characters in the morning and by the evening they were level 50, cl 15, ml 10, and templated in the latest and greatest gear.

what you expect from rvr depends on your play style ofc.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Siambra wrote: »
    Come play with us :)

jpbmy2dfe4cl.jpg

you make me want to adopt a bunny pet irl ... just one question, can they be made 'clean' so they'll go relieve their selves in a dedicated place like cats and dogs can be made to do or will they forever **** and pee all over the place ? i love parrots (and other birds) but of you keep them out of a cage, you'll have to do a LOT of cleaning, lol.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    you make me want to adopt a bunny pet irl ... just one question, can they be made 'clean' so they'll go relieve their selves in a dedicated place like cats and dogs can be made to do or will they forever **** and pee all over the place ? i love parrots (and other birds) but of you keep them out of a cage, you'll have to do a LOT of cleaning, lol.

Yes you can potty train bunnies.

1) Safe area for them to roam around without cables/plastic if you need to run cables through there you can use pvc pipe to safely run them through a room, (Looks tacky)

2) Fresh hay, greens and pellets for food.

3) Rabbits will naturally find an area to go to the bathroom. Take advantage of this by setting up a medium-sized cat litter box or shallow storage bin near their food/water bowls and hay feeder and they will use that.

4) Cut holes into the bottom of cardboard boxes so they can chew them and make their own new crawl spots and it will keep them from chewing you stuff up :pensive:

5) Enjoy the cute fluff ball :D
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • Only the player can convince themselves whether or not a game is worth their time and money.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    Only the player can convince themselves whether or not a game is worth their time and money.

Thank you Yoda.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Just because bunnies can be trained doesn't mean that they want to be :)
    zidpr4rpmm7k.jpg
    Bumblebunny to the rescue !
  • Defang there are actually lots of people in Daoc that enjoy PvE I am one of them. Get yourself into a good guild that does both. The one thing I wish is that on some of the ML's events we do my hero can not participate in some of the encounters because he is ML 10. Broadsword make them repeatable please then I can tank them mmmk thanks.
    But one thing I would like to see is maybe a larger driven story line maybe in a new zone .

• Lmao im glad they haven't replied to your post :)
  • Im coming back because my irl friends are finally returning to game :)
  • Welcome back!
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/