More RVR quests

Think its time for a change.

How about an rp quest for other things besides kills.
10-20 resurrections
25k healed
15 deathblows
5 keep takes
5 keep defenses
10 tower takes
10 tower defenses
1 relic

I think the last three would help get action moving as far as zergs are concerned get them to stop just roaming ev and maybe head around taking and defending stuff.

For the tower defenses you would have to be there for the bonus after something like that. Need to get some more objectives.

Comments

• I liked the idea of them, but they weren't really designed with the full spectrum of the game in mind.

For the solo quest, mazes tend to be empty as of late. Going to the solo spots you encounter toxic wankery and bad fighting conditions for most casters.

The ones that are completable by a zerg give too much of a reward simply for existing IMO. I can join a zerg group and go AFK and get more RPS than I can during later times in the evening where I need to hunt and fight for every kill. The effort / reward for these is severely off.

The keep siege one I like, but sometimes I don't get credit for a kill during an obvious keep siege (map icon on fire, been defending for ten mins already...).

Then, as is my eternal gripe, the numbers needed seem to be predicated on EU playtimes. If you don't play during the populated hours, these quests cease to become "daily" quests and can take forever to finish. I can play for hours and even if I kill everyone I come across still not reach those 25 kills - the solo one is at least manageable during these times, although the maze/solo area still remains a tough spot.

RvR quests are a nice boost, but need to be rethought out IMO.
  • edited May 2018 PM
    I agree we need more RVR quests enough to where the area's can't be camped 24/7
    Post edited by GlissZewks on
  • Keep takes? Great, I believe Herorius and Anna missed getting rewards for PvEing keeps.
  • Keep takes? Great, I believe Herorius and Anna missed getting rewards for PvEing keeps.

This. Hero will just pve keeps even more all day. Take 10 towers, 5 keeps and a relic and call it a night. Don't even need to fight anybody.
    Tral
  • if it gets hero and anna off of ev im for it lol
  • I guess a better point is - how do you get people to actually engage and defend against these zergs?

People keep complaining about 60+ people PvEing keeps but I'm fairly sure they'd rather be fighting people defending those keeps instead of just killing NPC guards and timing swings on a ram. Maybe that is something to look at with these RvR changes Broadsword keeps hinting at. Make it worth the time to attempt a defense even if it fails, and ensure these zergs can endlessly avoid each other because the map has been made wide open and easy to traverse/dodge people.
  • Budikah wrote: »
    I guess a better point is - how do you get people to actually engage and defend against these zergs?

People keep complaining about 60+ people PvEing keeps but I'm fairly sure they'd rather be fighting people defending those keeps instead of just killing NPC guards and timing swings on a ram. Maybe that is something to look at with these RvR changes Broadsword keeps hinting at. Make it worth the time to attempt a defense even if it fails, and ensure these zergs can endlessly avoid each other because the map has been made wide open and easy to traverse/dodge people.

Problems are that keeps are pretty crap to defend. Take defending against Hero, it’s usually ten or so tanks climbing in with a good 2-3 healers outside, can hardly dps them down and then with the increased range on tab targeting, the second you pop your head out your sniped by the casters spamming nearest target, then you die and get a measly 50 rp whilst the zerg gets a chunk more for taking the keep and killing the one defender.

It’s a crap system and often why no one bothers to defend.
  • Allowing people to spam heals from outside is probably the worst part of it IMO.

Maybe its worth it's own thread instead of clogging up this one though
  • Ah... perception.
    Heror does have no one to defend a lot. It is not his fault or choice. He would much prefer to have defenders or to meet open field vs another zerg, he often logs if the action is that dead. 2 days a week he has Anna Bg, which tends to be larger than him?

Fast forward to US prime time. Mids and Albs have very large Bgs. Hib's rarely do. If we do "form a bg" it is maybe 3-4 groups vs 6-8 mid groups/6-8 Alb groups. The Mids and Albs will still be in Hibernia, essentially "pve'ing" keeps- as you say.

Heror cannot control his play time any more than the US prime time Zerg leaders.
    I guess a better point is - how do you get people to actually engage and defend against these zergs?

if there is sufficient defenders - they typically wont siege.

so its a catch 22.

• tald wrote: »
    Budikah wrote: »

if there is sufficient defenders - they typically wont siege.

so its a catch 22.

thats why im suggesting keep taking and sieging bonuses
  • Says something more about the mechanical design of things than the players themselves IMO. I feel that DAoC's Realm based RvR has suffered over the years through changes that, while they might improve things overall, hurt the original ideas and original spirit of the game.

Attacking a keep that is defended with equal numbers doesn't entirely make sense with how it is. If you don't get anything for trying and failing other than a disintegrating raid - why bother? The simple answer of "because it's fun/what you are supposed to do/realm pride" doesn't really work nowadays.

I hope they speak up about some of their RvR Siege based changes sooner rather than later.
  • edited May 2018 PM
    LunaVey wrote: »
    Ah... perception.
    Heror does have no one to defend a lot. It is not his fault or choice. He would much prefer to have defenders or to meet open field vs another zerg, he often logs if the action is that dead. 2 days a week he has Anna Bg, which tends to be larger than him?

Fast forward to US prime time. Mids and Albs have very large Bgs. Hib's rarely do. If we do "form a bg" it is maybe 3-4 groups vs 6-8 mid groups/6-8 Alb groups. The Mids and Albs will still be in Hibernia, essentially "pve'ing" keeps- as you say.

Heror cannot control his play time any more than the US prime time Zerg leaders.

Yes, he's clearly forced to PVE keeps every day without fail especially when he has stealthers that tell him there are no enemies on.
    Post edited by Sovereign on
    Says something more about the mechanical design of things than the players themselves IMO. I feel that DAoC's Realm based RvR has suffered over the years through changes that, while they might improve things overall, hurt the original ideas and original spirit of the game.

Attacking a keep that is defended with equal numbers doesn't entirely make sense with how it is. If you don't get anything for trying and failing other than a disintegrating raid - why bother? The simple answer of "because it's fun/what you are supposed to do/realm pride" doesn't really work nowadays.

I hope they speak up about some of their RvR Siege based changes sooner rather than later.

giving defenders the bigger bonus was a bad move it didnt give any incentive for people to attack a defended keep. They need to change some things up. Alot of people want ruined keeps back they should make eras, bolg and hlid as ruined keeps could be fun for small man/solo stuff.