From the ashes of the RDM alliance ...

... after that xyormann sadly stopped playing on ywain, for understandable reasons, the RDM alliance was in a situation where we couldn't kick or invite guilds to the alliance any more. that's a big issue.

so a new alliance has been made with the active guilds of the RDM alliance.

contact thjodolf or me for info.

we miss xy's leadership, but we must carry on.
Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.

Comments

• good on you all for moving onward!
  • edited March 2019 PM
    guild in the alliance now are :

asatruar, fellowship of midgard, second soufle, the scarlet nights, everlast, enochs relief, legendary angels.

we are looking for more midgard only guilds. contact thjodolf or me
    Post edited by Muylae on
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • edited March 2019 PM
    Midgard been missing active alliance for a while now, glad to get it back. Will arrive with active open BGs scheduled soon, and all dedicated Midgardian guilds welcomed in the new alliance!

Thank you Thjo & Muy.
    Post edited by Gavner on
  • Thank you guys for helping to get this done /salute
    Regular groups and a BG or two inc. Times will be posted.
    Resolute, we plow on, mead in horns raised high!

#livedoacforever

Especially enjoyed the late night chats with Gav and Muy /proost
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Founder/GM of Ásatrúar, guild of Miðgarðr
    In defense of the Original Spirit of Daoc
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    True to Miðgarðr c.2001
    daocutils.com/chimp/jlfrthjo
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • More Mids are welcome on the Battlefield =)
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • It has been interesting to see Mids absent given that at one time they were so dominant. I thought that perhaps the weaker realm would be the one that left. Excellent job at rebuilding Mr Warlock Bomb person. Looking forward to more fights in the future :) I give you a carrot for your new nest :)

e0xikb5r3j4x.jpg
    Bumblebunny to the rescue !
  • I would like to get Nevermore back in this alliance if you would please. I am filling in for Ojee as GM while he takes care of family.
  • Thjo wrote: »
    Thank you guys for helping to get this done /salute
    Regular groups and a BG or two inc. Times will be posted.
    Resolute, we plow on, mead in horns raised high!

#livedoacforever

Especially enjoyed the late night chats with Gav and Muy /proost

4vmxtbx4onea.jpg

Skål
  • Jarls and Nevermore have (re)joined the ranks.
  • there has been an issue over the membership of a guild (nevermore) if i can't resolve this issue with the fellow AS leader, i might have to make a new alliance. nevermore deserves a spot in the alliance as it has been a guild in RDM and they are mostly very casual players who deserve a place and a chance to join the bg's etc. being in a guild that has some people playing other realms (i don't like that, but i accept that) should not exclude the larger group of players in the biggest guild in midgard from being in an alliance imho.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    there has been an issue over the membership of a guild (nevermore) if i can't resolve this issue with the fellow AS leader, i might have to make a new alliance. nevermore deserves a spot in the alliance as it has been a guild in RDM and they are mostly very casual players who deserve a place and a chance to join the bg's etc. being in a guild that has some people playing other realms (i don't like that, but i accept that) should not exclude the larger group of players in the biggest guild in midgard from being in an alliance imho.

Didn't Nevermore get invited into the RDM alliance before the exodus anyways? I don't see the problem with them joining now... Whomever that other /as leader is should realize now is not the time to hold grudges from past complications.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • Honestly, I don't like to discuss AS matters on forums. Regardless, without taking public side here since this is not the place for that, it has been agreed upon at creation, that inviting anyone into alliance should be voted / agreed upon by the representatives of guilds in alliance, which was overruled inviting Nevermore into AS without doing so.

Putting that aside, Nevermore just got in RDM before its fall, and being a new alliance I don't see why that should matter in the subject.

Whether they rejoin or not in future, I don't see creating a 2nd alliance as a solution would be the right answer for unity. :\

I strongly suggest these type of issues be dealt with between the AS leaders, not by on this forums, especially skipping over the core of the issue.
  • Just giving an outsiders point of view as I am not in that /as and likely won't be in it.

Don't let past problems split what little numbers Midgard can rally.

The acceptance of Nevermore into the previous /as does in fact carry weight in the subject. The new alliance was formed so the /as could continue to invite/remove guilds as seen fit. Basically it's same /as with new "Leadership".

>Daoc Videos<
  • edited March 2019 PM
    @Impounded All I said is there was a rule of inviting guilds to AS that has been agreed upon, which has not much to do with Nevermore itself. Btw, I think no BG in the past acted anything but warmly welcome anyone, and players without guild ain't less of a realm member either. Anyway, this is the exact reason I said it shouldn't be discussed on public forums. :)
    Post edited by Gavner on
  • Hello all I am the Gm of Nevermore until Ojee comes back. I would like to speak to all of the alliance GM's in private if this is possible? I do work so it would need to be in the evening EST here. I'm not sure what the problem is but I sure would like to resolve it and get into a good alliance Xyorman had invited us back into the alliance before he left so I would think his good faith in us would be enough to have us back in. I will not go into it to much on here but if you could consider speaking with me in ts/ discord I would be grateful. Thank you for your time and consideration.
    Charitable
  • A lot of newer players end up in Nevemore get established and then contribute to RVR for Midgard. Some move on to other guilds in the alliance others choose to stay exclusive in Nevermore.

GL
  • I am by no means trying to start any drama. I have nothing but respect for you and the things you do @gavner

I was just throwing my two cents into what was being discussed in this thread :)

>Daoc Videos<
  • Oh No!! It has the P-word in it!!
  • Keltorius wrote: »
    Oh No!! It has the P-word in it!!

no idea what you mean sir :) .. listen to her, nice lyrics.
  • Well then, great thread! Going forward, please feel free to PM me (or another /as Guild Rep.) here or in game regarding any potential guild entrance requests. Our /as charter and CoC is posted in the public /as TS channel which can be shared via PM here, or in game. In it, the guild application process is detailed.

Meanwhile, join our /as BGs here on Midgard and have fun !
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Founder/GM of Ásatrúar, guild of Miðgarðr
    In defense of the Original Spirit of Daoc
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    True to Miðgarðr c.2001
    daocutils.com/chimp/jlfrthjo
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • there were just too much issues for me and i left 'the last alliance'
    i will make a new alliance.
  • GL with the new alliance Muy. I enjoyed my many years in RDM.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • It just feels so odd to me that RDM is gone. The scenes from the Hobbit come to mind with barren broken staircases that reflect long ago glory. I'm sure that they are happy in their new land. Over time, the names may die but the glory that once was Midgard will remain a tale for late night taverns.
    829mzhbyqiz0.jpg
    Bumblebunny to the rescue !