Moydruim, folley, trellebourg, just laby 2.0?

I like the idea of the solo buff, the solo daily, and the traffic that these spots bring. But the porting is a bit much. Can port from realm to realm, pop in with immunity timer and if you don't like it pop out before you get hit. Just laby port hopping all over again. I will admit it allows you to get to the action fast but once you have the ports the traffic to and from slows way down. Is this really working as intended? Is there a better way? Thoughts?

Comments

• Bring back ruined keeps and repeatable sup pot box quest and make DAoC great again
  • Mostly, what I do and i see others do, is use the porting to get away from the FG that will chase to the end of the earth just to kill me while i'm solo. Nice not being free rps on a visi toon sometimes.
  • The /bow part is stupid,
    When you do attack w/o /bow, it's like a 50% chance to be zerged by everyone in the spot

Btw, having a spot where you can hide, dodge groups, farm quest, farm comp is a good idea in my mind
  • It's a self-defeating cycle.

If you set up non-official social rules around 1v1/8v8 wherein you literally stop fighting to turn on any interlopers you are just going to piss people off - then those people will make it their mission to piss on you at every chance possible.

Then you get people bitching how they keep getting ganked by groups at the solo area. Uh... why do you think that is? You probably pissed them off.

There is this weird dynamic where people want to have fair and honest fights in a game that also runs on a "red is dead" mentality. Then they hold these fights in some of the most trafficked areas. They offer some people respect, not to others. It clearly just creates a situation that pisses everyone off to some extent or another which just leads to people continuing to harass them, etc, etc.

You might as well give these people their own instanced wank chambers at this point or everyone needs to realize that this is how it is and suck it up.

@OP - these solo zones do suck. Bad for casters. Hard to see people approaching at times. Way too many LoS blockers. People just port port port port between them all. It's silly. It's like doing everything up to giving people an instance or 1v1 queue without actually doing that.
  • "solo' areas are useless to me. I miss seeing roaming visi's
  • Kat wrote: »
    "solo' areas are useless to me. I miss seeing roaming visi's

Amen Kat, with my limited play time it's just a waste and rather watch TV.

• I will say the past couple of years the best times ive had solo were during ruined keeps. sure I still got zerged but I had a ton of good fights at keeps, EV docks (because of quest I believe I had just returned so not 100% sure), none were /bow it was just find someone and hit. All i find at trelle/moyd are the super high rank "duel" classes which is getting old. Now I check a keep and you start to win they just run in (same with EV towers being camped by stealthers like crazy)

good joke, we all know that wont happen anymore since BS buffed stealthgrps
  • I really dislike them. Remove or just merge the mazes with them and then remove the solo quest requirement to kill there.
  • Put back ruined keep instead....
  • It is. Except it’s worse and I actually need to go to it.
  • why you asking, did you see herorius with his crew ganking solo/smallmans like in labby?
  • aso wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »

good joke, we all know that wont happen anymore since BS buffed stealthgrps

Lol yup. I still roam when I occasionally play, but get added on by stealth trash non stop, when I'm already fighting more stealth trash 1vX as it is.

I don't like the idea of everyone ALWAYS standing around and throwing the /bow, but it's probably better than the alternative option of getting your stuff pushed in by trashbag stealth all day.
  • I get the whole "red is dead" mentality but damn people need to respect the 1v1s .. they are too hard to find outside of the bow box towns.

Maybe more solo quest obbys/areas is the answer? But, definately one on EV (unless they didn't because of the obby daily quest...?) Heck - stick one in the Labby too
    and I would love the ruined keeps back.

Faster travel - is it hurting or helping?
    I do know I want to see the 2nd exit from safe port back - if it was removed due to camping safe trails... all reverting back did was to create a funnel of carnage for full groups.
    What I am asking is - if there are faster travel ports/spots - then doesn't this open up more chances to catch stragglers, allow solo visis to make it to a destination etc ? the more solos that can get there in the 1st place means more chances for solo kills. Or with how huge the rvr zones are - it's like finding a needle in a haystack.

I think one of the reasons we have such a large number of stealthers is directly related to being able to get around and arrive at a destination without constantly getting run over and the potential to be able to play when it feels like a ghost town late at night before the Euros log in. Then they start to like the classes.
  • I agree with the putting of one of the new ruined areas in EV and have been asking for the same @Ssavii. The far southern edge of the EV island is almost never visited or used and would be perfect to put it there and would give solo's with port a chance to bypass camped safe zones. It would also give players in EV another spot to potentially find some kills.
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    I agree with the putting of one of the new ruined areas in EV and have been asking for the same @Ssavii. The far southern edge of the EV island is almost never visited or used and would be perfect to put it there and would give solo's with port a chance to bypass camped safe zones. It would also give stealth zergers a new place to camp, so they can kill solo visi's.

:wink:

RonELuvv wrote: »
    I agree with the putting of one of the new ruined areas in EV and have been asking for the same @Ssavii. The far southern edge of the EV island is almost never visited or used and would be perfect to put it there and would give solo's with port a chance to bypass camped safe zones. It would also give stealth zergers a new place to camp, so they can kill solo visi's.

:wink:

hahahaha!
    since I spend my sneak time on Hib now... maybe not! <3