Friday Grab Bag - 03/01/2019

Back to our regular style Grab Bags! :) Also, March?! Already!?

Our February newsletter went out yesterday, and can be viewed it in your browser here. Or to get it as soon as we hit that send key, sign up!

As always, thanks everyone for your questions, keep 'em coming! You can send in any game related questions you have for our DAoC Devs through our Grab Bag submission form. Please note this is for game mechanic questions. Feedback/ideas/suggestions should be sent in through our feedback form.Read on for the questions!

Are there any plans to address the X-Realming (cross-realming) in the game? (Up to and including planned fights in populated areas of the frontiers?)

For example: Coming across an Alb/Mid fight on Ellan Vannin, doing what we're supposed to be doing by joining the fray; the Albs/Mids work together to kill our Hib group and then just go their separate ways without fighting each other again.

Or in the case of assisting realm-members by attacking enemies that are killing fellow Hibs, the Hibs we are helping pull off and let the Albs and/or Mids kill us and, once more, go their separate ways.

I do not understand how this would not be considered Cross-Realming.

While it is understandably frustrating, these specific scenarios are classified as Cross-Teaming. The act of Cross-Teaming is distinct from Cross-Realming in that the actors involved are not communicating information to members of an enemy realm to actively sabotage the Realm War-at-large.

There are engagements where working with an enemy Realm against a third Realm may provide a superior strategic advantage in terms of risk and survival. Standing idly by while a member of one’s own Realm is attacked is certainly not an honorable action, but this too does not qualify as Cross-Realming.

If you believe that a player of your Realm is colluding with an enemy by having an account logged in to communicate location or tactical information, please submit an appeal with the names and a description of the events, and one of our CSR’s will conduct an investigation of the incident and take all appropriate actions based on our findings.

Are the armor resist tables still accurate?
https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/armor-resist-tables

Yes, these are still accurate.

Do spells that increase your combat haste (E.g. Darkened Haste in the Vampiir Embrace spell line) allow you to swing faster than the 1.5s hard cap on swing speed?
The short answer: No, the 1.5s swing speed is not able to be broken; it’s a hard cap!

The long answer: Spells that increase a character’s swing speed are increasing that speed up to the 1.5s cap. One-handed, faster weapon users like the Vampiir, who also get access to a high-value buff like Darkened Haste’s 45% combat speed buff will hit that 1.5s swing speed cap very easily. They get the benefit of not needing a ton of quickness and/or celerity to hit the 1.5s cap!

When are you going to implement white dyes and enamels? I NEED white enamels!!
It’s on our wish-list as well but will involve a complete re-work of how the dye system works.

The current dye system uses a mechanic that tints the undyed armor or weapon to the dye color. In a system like this, a white dye shows up as a totally transparent dye, meaning your armor or equipment would look the same as undyed. The “color” white is actually what we use on the dye-remover items like mild acid enamel remover to return equipment to their natural colors. It also means extremely light grey or cream color dyes are not going to work as they are essentially transparent themselves.

It’s not impossible to alter this system but unfortunately there are currently a lot of other things on our to-do list that take precedence. We look forward to adding in white and other lighter-hues as soon as we are able to!

Is mezz immunity always 1min? What abilities break immunity timers?
Yes, mesmerisation immunity is always 1 minute in duration.

There are no abilities that remove it, bypass it, or affect its duration.

As always, much <3 :)
See you in the frontiers!
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged:

Comments

• Cross teaming, cross realming call it what you'd like, but it ruins the spirit of the game. Luckily as the population thins people get more desperate for kills and go back to the red = dead.

It's realm vs realm
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    Cross teaming, cross realming call it what you'd like, but it ruins the spirit of the game. Luckily as the population thins people get more desperate for kills and go back to the red = dead.

It's realm vs realm

People also argue that not having Realm timers is against the spirit of the game. Hard to please everyone.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • I don’t like it, but have come to accept it. The individuals that partake in this should realize with the low population at certain times, folks are gonna add since there’s nothing else to fight.
    Cross teaming, cross realming call it what you'd like, but it ruins the spirit of the game. Luckily as the population thins people get more desperate for kills and go back to the red = dead.

It's realm vs realm

I seem to remember you and a buddy giving me a pass a while back. You just mezzed me and carried on. Much appreciated BTW.
  • What if one group of your realm mates breaks cc on a group of enemy players, while not partaking in the fight. Just everytime you root/mezz a enemy your "realm mates" hit it with a single dd to free the enemy player from cc is that considered cross realming? Or is this behavior ok?
  • ^^ No that just crappy realm mates. Especially if said groups are currently fighting.
  • edited March 2019 PM
    The secret society of the internals will continue to influence what's left on Live hence the "cross teaming" is O-K.

I appreciate @beibhinn on many levels, but highly disagree when 'they' cater to what has ruined this games population.

GL
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • edited March 2019 PM
    Here's your cross-teaming today on Live in the Albion BG, trying to bait people into the Albion Tower for their enemy stealthers. I'm xhodorx he got mad when we wrecked them.

K5AroWx.png
    Post edited by Fateboi on
    Here's your cross-teaming today on Live in the Albion BG, trying to bait people into the Albion Tower for their enemy stealthers. I'm xhodorx he got mad when we wrecked them.

K5AroWx.png

Where is this evidence of cross-teaming???
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • Dale_Perf wrote: »
    Fateboi wrote: »

K5AroWx.png

Where is this evidence of cross-teaming???

Wasn't Beeruz the one telling us when Hero logged off, what he was doing, and when he would be logging back on?
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Can i appeal the ones sending me hate in /reg and tells when im Cross-Teaming ?
  • Auf_Nymf wrote: »
    Can i appeal the ones sending me hate in /reg and tells when im Cross-Teaming ?

Granks is dead - you should update your sig.
  • You can’t prove any type of cross realm/team when everyone uses discord/vent/ts to communicate. It’s safe to assume that if a 3rd realm is pulling away from a fight you’re jumping into, they’re talking on another platform and you’ll receive zero help.
  • edited March 2019 PM
    Well, dont know anyone jumping into any voice but more a common understanding between some groups that prefer to have fights a win or lose with only the group they inc
    The red is dead ppl have a hard time understanding it and if they loose the fight that they jam, they go all snowflake mode in region.
    Post edited by Auf_Nymf on
  • I don't mind groups pulling off or whatever but if said group wasn't even engaged yet they just circle the fight you are having and dding cc'd targets is lame. And imo should be against the spirit of the game.
  • It's hard when different players play with different self-imposed codes.

I was destroying a pally yesterday and a hib group ran by and ruined my solo kill. I was pissed but understood what they did.

Conversely, if I'm having a nice solo fight and someone from any other realm adds, I am pulling off and good luck fighting the guy on your own. If the adding person is from my realm, then they may well feel betrayed. Hopefully, they can understand.

It is what it is...