savage wall climb reevaluated

so technically savages can get climb walls, but no savage will ever spec that that xxx spec.

so on paper all 3 realms have equal amounts of climb wall classes, but not in reality. the whole savage climb wall thing just looks to me like a 'rofl from BS' thing.
Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.

Comments

• Minstrel and Savage should get Climb Wall for free like the Vamp, imo. Wishful thinking tho =(
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Always thought a heavy tank for each realm should have a castable buff (1 hour timer) that gives a player climbing spikes ability for 30 seconds too. But then I think of cheap BG tactics then I forget all about it again.
    Demmpsey - Animist
    Demmps - Vampiir
    Mimins - Bard
    Dempseas - Warden
    Dempsee - Hero
  • Must admit, that in current state, I've only seen 1 or 2 savages in the past after release trying out spec to see if it's worth it, but none after that. At this point it could also be set to 50 parry, to make sure even less then 1 will access it. If that's intended, sure, I just don't see why even bother to add the option there at this point, we could also give it to Shamans then on 50 Mend or smth for whatever reason.
  • Would a 2h savage spec high enough for climbwalls?? 39weapon 50savagery? Kinda a worthless spec tbh but not in BG play
  • My savage is spec'd for climb walls. But he is also spec'd for axe and uses 2 hander. It is not a spec I would solo on by any means, but is fine running with the bg. I think thats what it was intended for.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    so technically savages can get climb walls, but no savage will ever spec that that xxx spec.

so on paper all 3 realms have equal amounts of climb wall classes, but not in reality. the whole savage climb wall thing just looks to me like a 'rofl from BS' thing.

Think I've only ran across one that was specced for climb walls.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Wall climb was originally restricted to assassins, archers and minstrels. Archers were nerfed straight away. That left stealthers and minnys. Mythic gave in to the crying from other realms and gave wall climb to heavy armor classes. (Terrible move). Wall climb needs to be reassessed to be more realistic. Restrict it to classes that could feasibily do it in their armor. Assassins and archers--end of story. And no, I can not, will not picture a mage class scaling a wall in his cloth dress. Archers and assassins.
  • Jadedgrace wrote: »
    Wall climb was originally restricted to assassins, archers and minstrels. Archers were nerfed straight away. That left stealthers and minnys. Mythic gave in to the crying from other realms and gave wall climb to heavy armor classes. (Terrible move). Wall climb needs to be reassessed to be more realistic. Restrict it to classes that could feasibily do it in their armor. Assassins and archers--end of story. And no, I can not, will not picture a mage class scaling a wall in his cloth dress. Archers and assassins.

Wall climb was assasin only that I remember then Vampiirs. Minstrel's have always had it that I remember since they where base class rogue, but could be wrong
  • edited March 2019 PM
    Jadedgrace wrote: »
    Wall climb was originally restricted to assassins, archers and minstrels. Archers were nerfed straight away. That left stealthers and minnys. Mythic gave in to the crying from other realms and gave wall climb to heavy armor classes. (Terrible move). Wall climb needs to be reassessed to be more realistic. Restrict it to classes that could feasibily do it in their armor. Assassins and archers--end of story. And no, I can not, will not picture a mage class scaling a wall in his cloth dress. Archers and assassins.

i agree that the classes with the heaviest armour make no sense to climb walls. i mean people in plate or chain climbing a wall, the idea is ridiculous.

but if you say archers could climb walls, then by their armour definition, zerks and savages would be able to climb too... that would tip favours towards midgard in an unbalanced way even if it fits the lore maybe best.

the thing is, atm the amount of people in each realm that can climb walls is unbalanced, it favours hibernia.

by only looking at armour, mincers wouldn't be able to climb walls (chain)

and if you look at only armour, then why can't maulers, valewalkers and heretics climb walls since vamps can climb walls ? and vamps don't need to spec for it. uh, just no.

vamps getting climb walls for free and mincers and especially savages having to spec for it is just unfair.
    Post edited by Muylae on
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Vamps hover they should be able to climb walls like ninjas.
  • You just woken up to everything favouring Hibernia jeez Muy with that statement wait for the wall of outraged hibs tearing your ass a new one because you dared to state the bleeding obvious.
  • I'm primarily Hib and I agree with Muy's statement regarding Vamp climb wall. I've never understood why Minstrels still had to spec for it while Vamps got it for free. Make climb walls free for the hybrid climbers or remove it. Nothing inbetween is necessary.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
  • Minstrels having wall climb as a spec was IMHO par of the forced necessity to make a decision on spec. It also fell in line with "Minstrels are good at everything, great at nothing". And at their base, Minstrels are a rogue class. Yeah they could climb walls, but then what? They have no damage, no heals, no decent cc.

You guys have some great responses. My point was this: wall climb should be restricted to stealth classes period. And yes, that includes giving it back to archers!
  • Jadedgrace wrote: »
    Minstrels having wall climb as a spec was IMHO par of the forced necessity to make a decision on spec. It also fell in line with "Minstrels are good at everything, great at nothing". And at their base, Minstrels are a rogue class. Yeah they could climb walls, but then what? They have no damage, no heals, no decent cc.

You guys have some great responses. My point was this: wall climb should be restricted to stealth classes period. And yes, that includes giving it back to archers!

Lol back in the day they said that Archers would gain the ability to climb trees? Don't need archers climbing into keeps with their ranged DPS destroying people.

Minstrel is base class rogue which is why they had the ability to spec for since what Old Frontiers?
  • Give wall climb to everyone ! It will cost 50 ra points! Assassins can still get for free
  • Climb walls should apply to assasin classes only. Let minstrels spec it if they wear leather. Implement ladders in seige equipment, kind of like the seige towers but more vulnerable to damage.
  • Fantastic responses. I love the ladder idea. I think most here agree though, maybe it's time to re-evaluate wall climb as an ability.
  • I think climb wall should be for assasin only too ... like it was before .
  • edited March 2019 PM
    Badnagen wrote: »
    Climb walls should apply to assasin classes only. Let minstrels spec it if they wear leather. Implement ladders in seige equipment, kind of like the seige towers but more vulnerable to damage.

Stick with the first sentence and scrap the rest..
    Post edited by Impounded on
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • That some classes can climb walls while being melee'd to escape is beyond me. At a minimum, a class should take 2x damage (sort of like sitting down) if their back is turned and they are trying to concentrate on scaling a wall while sword blows rain down on their back and neck.
  • I'm kosher with this idea, but if you're going to take wall climb away from minstrels, then replace it with some other reason to spec stealth. I would settle for movement speed in stealth from spec vs wall climb
  • Negative base class rogue Minstrels have climbed walls since what OF lol just stop....
  • I'm honestly not sure why some are up in arms about heavy tanks and hybrids having climb wall. I've seen people cite tanks not dying due to out of LoS heals but that's a separate issue covered in another thread.

Requiring Savages and Minstrels to spec for the ability while Vamps have it for free is unnecessary. I stand by my statement that all three should have it for free or have it removed entirely. If the latter were to occur, then maybe give Archers the ability via stealth spec. Three classes per Realm is enough.
  • I think it is fine as is. Savage's can spec 2 handed and get climb wall. Give something to a class and they just bitch its not enough.
  • Creaper wrote: »
    Give something to a class and they just bitch its not enough.

Welcome to Daoc 2016+ bitch bitch bitch get change then bitch about the changes.

Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • Bunnies climb up and destroy enemies !!
    we90c6512usk.jpg
    Bumblebunny to the rescue !
  • edited March 2019 PM
    I've always though BS giving savages climb wall at 50 savagery was awesome. Still do. I enjoy the idea of sacrifice to gain something. Giving it to tanks for free to begin with was silly. Even more so with broken spread heals (going along with the recent discussion about LoS healing issues).

[not needed]
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
  • Siambra wrote: »
    Bunnies climb up and destroy enemies !!
    we90c6512usk.jpg

:D
  • edited March 2019 PM
    Armagedden wrote: »
    I've always though BS giving savages climb wall at 50 savagery was awesome. Still do. I enjoy the idea of sacrifice to gain something. Giving it to tanks for free to begin with was silly. Even more so with broken spread heals (going along with the recent discussion about LoS healing issues).

[removed]

we beg to differ in opinion then i guess. what did vamps have to give up ?
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
  • Vamps don't have Free Charge 5, Access to Det, and no stoicism. So to compare them to a savage just because both have climb walls is silly. Give Vamps all that **** and I would be fine with lowering climb walls in the savage line.
  • edited March 2019 PM
    Muylae wrote: »
    Armagedden wrote: »

Anyone complaining about speccing 50 savagery for climb walls is a 'tard.

we beg to differ in opinion then i guess. what did vamps have to give up ?

You also have a terrible spec. 40ish sav/50 h2h when playing in groups where you can have all red buffs up with 100% hp all the time for 40 seconds, but you settle for yellow buffs and wasting points in h2h to get... nothing

Edit: not to mention red endo buff which can make you permaspam BM styles at certain times (incredible for zerg play) as long as you have decent heals on you...

I don't hate you, I just think you're doing things wrong and I wish you would see the light
    Post edited by Armagedden on